Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
Yes, but didn't he have the time to go shower and change clothes at a neighbour's before he got to the hospital? First of all, who does that? You kids are dying/dead, your wife is serisouly injured and you take the time to shower and change into some fresh clothes before going to the hospital?! He probably had something to hide, otherwise he would not have done that. His wife was in shock. He should have been in shock too. And he should have been by her side. Not showering. Smells fishy to me.

You must be getting your information from some of Darlie's groupies. If Darrin did it, you can bet your last dime that Darlie would have shouted it from the rooftops. I do agree with your point that it is hard for someone to accept that someone you love just slaughtered your two sons. I expect that is why Darrin was in denial at first, although I do not think it took him long to realize Darlie was the killer. He will never have my respect in any way, because he continued to defend her once he figured it out. But that does not make him a killer.

Darlie is guilty as hell.

Yes, but didn't he have the time to go shower and change clothes at a neighbour's before he got to the hospital? First of all, who does that? You kids are dying/dead, your wife is serisouly injured and you take the time to shower and change into some fresh clothes before going to the hospital?! He probably had something to hide, otherwise he would not have done that. His wife was in shock. He should have been in shock too. And he should have been by her side. Not showering. Smells fishy to me.

If Darlie was in shock I’m sure Darin was too.

You must be getting your information from some of Darlie's groupies. If Darrin did it, you can bet your last dime that Darlie would have shouted it from the rooftops. I do agree with your point that it is hard for someone to accept that someone you love just slaughtered your two sons. I expect that is why Darrin was in denial at first, although I do not think it took him long to realize Darlie was the killer. He will never have my respect in any way, because he continued to defend her once he figured it out. But that does not make him a killer.

Darlie is guilty as hell.

First of all... I am not getting my information from Darlie's groupies, as you say. I've done tons of research on this case years ago so I know what I'm talking about. I took the time to read all the information that was out there, not only the one that was saying "Darlie Routier is guilty" or "Darlie is a psychopath"... I read about everything there was to read on the case.

So, from your comment, you find it normal that the man took the "time" to go shower and change clothes before getting to the hospital? Also, do you think it's normal that the police let him back into the house after the crime, when they supposably already thought it was someone from inside the house who'd done it? He was there, just like Darlie was there.

I'm sorry if my reply may sound rude, but I am tired of people not even being able to try and see how things don't add up. Or at least try and think about it. I'd left this thread years ago because I could never post anything without getting "bashed", and I'm kind of tired of always getting the "Darlie is guilty" as a reply.

And about the fact that Darlie would've shouted it from the rooftops if she'd know that Darin had done it. But maybe she was in denial. Why? Because she was in love with him. Maybe she didn't see that it was him and that she only had doubts afterwards, and that he managed to make her think that the intruder story was true. He could've manipulated her. And believe me, when you love and trust someone who is highly manipulative, believing every word that comes out of their mouth is easy... (I'm not stating that Darin is, for a fact, a manipulator/psychopath or anything like that because I don't know him and I don't know how he was with her but... it could have been the case. I know what I'm talking about. Been there myself.) Or maybe she was just so afraid of him that she decided that she'd take the blame and be safer in prison rather than by his side outside of prison, who knows (until the death penalty came)?

I haven't thought about it much yet... as to why she decided to either protect Darin, IF she did.

I'm not 100 % certain that he is guilty, but I don't understand why people refuse to see him as a suspect, and Darlie as a victim.

Well, you guys brought up some good points, but I dont think Darlie will get a new trial.

First of all... I am not getting my information from Darlie's groupies, as you say. I've done tons of research on this case years ago so I know what I'm talking about. I took the time to read all the information that was out there, not only the one that was saying "Darlie Routier is guilty" or "Darlie is a psychopath"... I read about everything there was to read on the case.

So, from your comment, you find it normal that the man took the "time" to go shower and change clothes before getting to the hospital? Also, do you think it's normal that the police let him back into the house after the crime, when they supposably already thought it was someone from inside the house who'd done it? He was there, just like Darlie was there.

I'm sorry if my reply may sound rude, but I am tired of people not even being able to try and see how things don't add up. Or at least try and think about it. I'd left this thread years ago because I could never post anything without getting "bashed", and I'm kind of tired of always getting the "Darlie is guilty" as a reply.

And about the fact that Darlie would've shouted it from the rooftops if she'd know that Darin had done it. But maybe she was in denial. Why? Because she was in love with him. Maybe she didn't see that it was him and that she only had doubts afterwards, and that he managed to make her think that the intruder story was true. He could've manipulated her. And believe me, when you love and trust someone who is highly manipulative, believing every word that comes out of their mouth is easy... (I'm not stating that Darin is, for a fact, a manipulator/psychopath or anything like that because I don't know him and I don't know how he was with her but... it could have been the case. I know what I'm talking about. Been there myself.) Or maybe she was just so afraid of him that she decided that she'd take the blame and be safer in prison rather than by his side outside of prison, who knows (until the death penalty came)?

I haven't thought about it much yet... as to why she decided to either protect Darin, IF she did.

I'm not 100 % certain that he is guilty, but I don't understand why people refuse to see him as a suspect, and Darlie as a victim.

I’ve had questions about Darin myself, but why wouldn’t she have come clean by now if she thought it was him? After all these years why would, she sacrifice herself for him? Which is why I think any involvement he had, had nothing to do with the actual murders, but possibly cover up.

Please vote and give us your opinion!! I myself believe that Darin was involved.
I don't think Darin was just involved, I think he did it. He left the house right after Waddell came in that is when he lost that sock down the alley. The neighbor saw him running on the sidewalk, he came back in a minute later and did another fake cpr on Devon.

Darin was never investigated. I looked into his activities that night and I believe he did it. He fooled Darlie

But what could be the motive?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I don't think Darin was just involved, I think he did it. He left the house right after Waddell came in that is when he lost that sock down the alley. The neighbor saw him running on the sidewalk, he came back in a minute later and did another fake cpr on Devon.

And the reason he killed his children was........? What? Don't tell me it was a $5,000 life insurance policy because the funeral cost more than that.

And the reason Darlie went to death row for him and is covering for him is.......? What?

And the reason he killed his children was........? What? Don't tell me it was a $5,000 life insurance policy because the funeral cost more than that.

And the reason Darlie went to death row for him and is covering for him is.......? What?

Not to mention, there is no way in hell Darlie would have taken the rap for him. As for the ludicrous idea that it was because she was "in love" with him, I am pretty sure that ship sailed a long time ago.

darins comments to others before and after the kids murders about darlies *advertiser censored* tells us his comprehension and thought priorities

I believe there is a good chance that he knows she is guilty, and covered for her at the time. He may have even helped stage the scene, though I'm not convinced of that. Ultimately, he went along with the intruder theory as the path of least resistance.

I don't just believe Darin was involved. I believe Darin murdered those boys and attacked Darlie and I believe I can prove it without any doubt.

I would love to know why you think Darin did it.

I don’t. I was responding to Kezzy17 who said he/she believes Darin to be responsible. I was saying that I was “all ears” for her/him to share with us why they blame Darin.

I would love to know why you think Darin did it.
Darin had everything to do with it! I don't even know where to start, having a hard time following the most recent posts on this forum!

Darin was never investigated. I looked into his activities that night and I believe he did it. He fooled Darlie
Darin was fully investigated, in fact he was Patterson's suspect at first but he didn't change his story as to his movements like Darlie did. Darlie is all about Darlie, no way would she sit on DR if Darin was the killer. Besides that she was adamant to police and her attorneys alike that Darin was not responsible for the murders. She is, she's the killer.

Rest in peace Devon and Damon, 22 years today you left us.

He did not shower and change clothes at a neighbours. He washed blood from his face and borrowed a tshirt. He showed up at hospital still covered in blood, in his hair, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back