Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US Coast Guard did a 4 day search and concluded Amy “wasn’t in the water.”

I won’t be engaging in the overboard conversation. Have a good night.

The correct quote is they found no evidence of her in the water. This is par for the course for man overboard— that is why man overboard has a special law where these people can be declared dead starting 6 months after they went missing from a ship.

It has its own case law. No body, still can declare dead 6 months later.

Why didn't Amy tell the cabbie her name and jump in his cab? Cabs also have radios to talk to dispatch and he could have called it in asking for police.

When I was abducted and escaped, the first thing I did was use the nearest phone inside the apartment I was held in and I didn't know where I was, so I got lucky and remembered the phone number and my friend had a pretty good feeling where this guys apartment was, then I ran like hell and didn't look back just knowing that Glock 9 was aimed my way.

ETA
I knew where I was, I didn't know the apartment name.

I was a wimp and was locked in a walk in freezer until he came to get me. I just did what he said while he was digging the gun barrel into my temple. No bravery here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a wimp and was locked in a lock in freezer until he came to get me. I just did what he said while he was digging the gun barrel into my temple. No bravery here.

Sounds like you made the correct choice since you got through it and survived and can tell us about it. HUGS

I was a wimp and was locked in a walk in freezer until he came to get me. I just did what he said while he was digging the gun barrel into my temple. No bravery here.

So sorry, Tessimer. A walk in freezer is much worse than a small apartment with door locks & locked Windows, much worse.

I did the same thing when he had me on the bed with the pistol.
After that I did not care but I was not going to die there without a fight.
I had a small window of opportunity and I took it.
I got lucky.

Brad just confirmed that Agent Sheridan took on Amy’s case in a “cold case perspective” (mark around 15:18)

So there you go. Proof Amy’s case is “cold but still open” from Brad’s own mouth.

Agent Sheridan had this case back when it was new but she never got a chance to work it deeply because she only had it for a few months. Since she likes cold cases, and she used to have this case, and she was sucked in like we all were, she went back to try and work it with the social media we have today that they didn’t have back then.

A fresh perspective to see if the internet shakes out new clues

Specifically, what Agent Sheridan wants is information from people who saw Amy before and after she was in the family’s cabin.

That is the part of the timeline she is working.

Brad “romantically” keeps the hope Amy may come back to them alive. Realistically, he thinks the chance is greater that she won’t.

My cousin lost a child a few years ago at age 3. I have told her I wish I could take her pain away and she said no. Her pain is proof her child was alive and she loved him. The pain is what she has left of him.

I was thinking about this earlier and Brad kinda made me feel it again when he talks that not knowing what happened because not knowing is what allows them to keep hope. If they knew what happened, it would be all over.

So I think MOO that their pain and their search keeps Amy in the present for them and current whereas if she was dead, she would be moved in the past. Their pain is what they have left of Amy, is what connects them to her and is proof of how much they loved her. MOO

Brad understands this likely won’t have a happy ending. Amy’s case is still open.

The case is cold. She is likely dead. Brad doesn’t believe she will be found alive. The FBI has no leads and doesn’t know what happened to her.

<modsnip>

I asked for a link to your comment about the Coast Guard rarely finding bodies in the water.

Reactions: IDK
I can&#8217;t help but wonder if the renewed effort by the FBI a year and a half ago had something to do with information garnered from the case of the FL couple sentenced in May 2016 for promoting prostitution and running the sex tourism company Tropical Adult Vacations. The timing is right. IIRC, the photo of a despondent Amy was found on the AAV website.

March 23, 2018

Investigators are still trying to search for any clues to where Amy may be. Amy&#8217;s father, Ron Bradley, told 8News off camera that there&#8217;s been a renewed effort in the search over the past year and a half.

http://www.wric.com/news/local-news...es-missing-fbi-still-investigating/1074267775

Reactions: IDK
I can’t help but wonder if the renewed effort by the FBI a year and a half ago had something to do with information garnered from the case of the FL couple sentenced in May 2016 for promoting prostitution and running the sex tourism company Tropical Adult Vacations. The timing is right. IIRC, the photo of a despondent Amy was found on the AAV website.

March 23, 2018

Investigators are still trying to search for any clues to where Amy may be. Amy’s father, Ron Bradley, told 8News off camera that there’s been a renewed effort in the search over the past year and a half.

http://www.wric.com/news/local-news...es-missing-fbi-still-investigating/1074267775

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/florida-couple-admits-running-sex-tourism-operation-article-1.2565642

According to this article,

“The couple also agreed to forfeit a number of electronic items they used for criminal activity”.

So along with there being no proof of underage girls and his medical issues, their forfeiture of their electronic items played a roll in why they were offered probation. It would be interesting to know what information was found on those items.

Ok so let’s say she was trafficked. And is Jas. Where is she now? Is she still alive and held captive and helping recruit more girls? Is she just still held captive? Is she free and too ashamed to come back? Is she dead?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/florida-couple-admits-running-sex-tourism-operation-article-1.2565642

According to this article,

&#8220;The couple also agreed to forfeit a number of electronic items they used for criminal activity&#8221;.

So along with there being no proof of underage girls and his medical issues, their forfeiture of their electronic items played a roll in why they were offered probation. It would be interesting to know what information was found on those items.

Great find!

Ok so let&#8217;s say she was trafficked. And is Jas. Where is she now? Is she still alive and held captive and helping recruit more girls? Is she just still held captive? Is she free and too ashamed to come back? Is she dead?

Could be any of good those things. The FBI does not provide detailed information to the public.

Can I obtain detailed information about a current FBI investigation that I see in the news?

No. Such information is protected from public disclosure, in accordance with current law and Department of Justice and FBI policy. This policy preserves the integrity of the investigation and the privacy of individuals involved in the investigation prior to any public charging for violations of the law. It also serves to protect the rights of people not yet charged with a crime.

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs

Brad just confirmed that Agent Sheridan took on Amy’s case in a “cold case perspective” (mark around 15:18)

So there you go. Proof Amy’s case is “cold but still open” from Brad’s own mouth.

Agent Sheridan had this case back when it was new but she never got a chance to work it deeply because she only had it for a few months. Since she likes cold cases, and she used to have this case, and she was sucked in like we all were, she went back to try and work it with the social media we have today that they didn’t have back then.

A fresh perspective to see if the internet shakes out new clues

For the people who haven’t listened to this yet:

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-748895801/revisiting-the-disappearance-of-amy-bradley-part-2

Here is the link again so you can hear about why this cold case was looked at again— no other reason than the cold case agent wanted to revisit it.

Hi everyone! :seeya:

This thread is temporarily closed for review. Tricia will review and will open a new thread when she has a chance.

:tyou:

Dear Everyone,

It appears to be a bit of confusion as to why this thread was closed.

The thread was closed because both sides were not allowed to discuss their views.

Too much bickering. Too much shouting down of other posters.

Websleuths only works when both sides can discuss in a rational manner what happened. Websleuths only works when posters post links to their statements of fact.

Nothing I read in this forum led me to believe it was going to get any better. So we closed the discussion until further notice.

If there is something breaking in the case, something new, I would be happy to reopen the thread.

Amy's thread took way too much valuable time away from all of our volunteer moderators.

You always have the option of going to your private messages (on this software they are called private conversations) and start a discussion with up to 20 members. These conversations can only be seen by those participating. No one else can see them including management.

Tricia

Last edited:
Reward:
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the recovery of Amy Lynn Bradley and information that leads to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.

Remarks:
Bradley has the following tattoos: a Tasmanian Devil spinning a basketball on her shoulder; the sun on her lower back; a Chinese symbol on her right ankle; and a Gecko lizard on her navel. She also has a navel ring.

Details:
Amy Lynn Bradley, while on a family cruise to the Caribbean, went missing from the Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line’s ship Rhapsody of the Seas. On Saturday, March 21, 1998, the vessel departed San Juan, Puerto Rico, and traveled to its first port of call, the island of Aruba. On Monday, March 23, 1998, Rhapsody of the Seas departed Aruba and was traveling in international waters to its next island port of Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. During the early morning hours of Tuesday, March 24, 1998, Amy Lynn Bradley went missing. The vessel later departed Curacao and continued on to the island of St. Martin (Sint Maarten) and further traveled to St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands, before returning to San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Saturday, March 28, 1998.

AMY LYNN BRADLEY | Federal Bureau of Investigation

@@screenshot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members