Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you good health and good spirit! And, will be looking forward to your quick return to WS!

Oh dear, I’m so sorry about your health problems and those awful tests. I’ll be thinking of you and watching for your return. Thanks for your great contributions to this thread. Hugs. :heartbeat:

Oh Greg, my best wishes to u. Hurry back. I always like reading your posts.

So sorry to hear that, Greg. I hope the docs get you fixed up soon! Pls let us know how you're doing when you can.

Hi Many thanks to all of you for your good wishes I really do appreciate them. I will let you know how I am.

Best wishes to all of you,
Graham (My real name)

Wow I’m surprised how casually dressed some members of the public are considering they were going to be photographed and watched by millions.

Off topic:

Thank you to all of you for making this such an enjoyable thread and for taking my mind off things. I’m going into hospital for awful tests this week as I am still suffering from internal bleeding but they don’t know where from. I’m in for a miserable week in hospital but I look forward to being back with all of you when Websleuths has moved.

Good luck, Have them test you for h pylori bbacteria

Hi Many thanks to all of you for your good wishes I really do appreciate them. I will let you know how I am.

Graham (My real name)

God’s speed and a good outcome Greg. I always love love your posts from down under Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was holding my breath for their bravery being in the open carriage with so many people around.

I was praying no terrorists today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many photos on the net. I was a treat to see the bride/groom in different lighting, different angles. I must say, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the fit of Meghan’s dress, when viewed from many angles and in different lighting. Exquisite!!!

Wonder if they called each other “Your Grace” or Mr. & Mrs. Sussex last night lol...Meghan Sussex is nice.

Of course she wont. But she is probably aware of public opinion when she attends events with Kate and the news media points out she's wearing a $1700 dress while Kate is wearing one that costs less than $200. I admire Kate and Wills for working to not flaunt wealth in public. I think they have a real connection with regular working folks in England who pay taxes and struggle to make ends meet.

I think it's safe to say that designers will be clamoring to have Meghan wear their labels for the exposure and promotion. If she does pay, it will likely be only a fraction of the retail price. :moo:

Off topic:

Thank you to all of you for making this such an enjoyable thread and for taking my mind off things. I’m going into hospital for awful tests this week as I am still suffering from internal bleeding but they don’t know where from. I’m in for a miserable week in hospital but I look forward to being back with all of you when Websleuths has moved.

:tyou: for sharing this with us. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the tests go smoothly and that you'll be joining us again very soon. Be well!

I always appreciate and enjoy your news updates and commentary from across the pond :)

Wishing you well Graham as you undergo tests. You are in my healing thoughts.

I enjoyed everyone's comments, thank you.

I do remember when MM said how much she loved the dress that John Kennedy Jr. bride Carolyn Bisette(sp?) wore during their wedding...and I never forgot her comment about that. If someone could post a link to that picture, there are similarities in the ultimate simplicity...though MM had to cover her arms, cleavage and back as we know.

Someone said it right, MM's beautiful smile and loving eyes and genuine love that shined from her beautiful face...were the highlight and secondary to what she wore.

I enjoyed everyone's comments, thank you.

I do remember when MM said how much she loved the dress that John Kennedy Jr. bride Carolyn Bisette(sp?) wore during their wedding...and I never forgot her comment about that. If someone could post a link to that picture, there are similarities in the ultimate simplicity...though MM had to cover her arms, cleavage and back as we know.

Someone said it right, MM's beautiful smile and loving eyes and genuine love that shined from her beautiful face...were the highlight and secondary to what she wore.

http://people.com/royals/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-dress-carolyn-bessette-kennedy/

Graham (My real name)

Graham, very best wishes to you. We'll be here when you get back!! I have so enjoyed your posts, and knowledge, too.

Think the Meghan and Harry magic will be around for a while.

Graham/Greg, I've always said you're the most gentlemanly gentleman here, one of my fave posters. Wishing you all the best this week and every week. Cags :heart:

She is Joss Stone: the woman I wanted to know

EC45F209-6BB4-4E38-B696-2735F7E203AA.jpg

So instead of sideways, my pics are now upside down!!!

William and Harry inherited £24 million from Princess Diana in 1997 which has been invested wisely. Prince Charles gives them and their spouses an allowance worth several million a year from the Duchy of Cornwall estate which is worth £400 million and generates many a million a year in income. Her Majesty the Queen who is privately worth £415 million is said to have paid for the wedding excluding security which is paid for by the tax payer as a wedding gift. So Meghan will not be shopping in Poundland for her toiletries and household goods or buying clothes in Primark.

And let's not forget, Meghan worked for years before meeting Harry. It's not like she's entering this marriage a pauper, or with no financial acumen of her own. I'm sure she knows quite well how to manage her finances. She doesn't strike me as a superfluous spender, and she's worked with charitable organizations for years. I suspect she knows her station and what is expected of her quite well.

We will need to wait and see there was a bit of a backlash when Meghan wore her £56,000 engagement picture dress. Yesterday her wedding dress was £200,000 and she was also wearing a new £100,000 Cartier bracelet. I am not criticising at all it is their money to spend as they please, but some members of the public struggling to get by might be annoyed at their excessive spending in the future.

I've noticed this with Kate as well. She seems to vacillate between "reasonably" priced ensembles, and then extravagant clothing when the occasion calls for it. I don't think Meghan has to uphold as rigid of a public personae as Kate, either. I imagine she'll strive to strike a balance with her wardrobe as well.

Graham (My real name)
Thoughts & Prayers, Graham [emoji170][emoji258]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors