AR AR - Ebby Steppach, 18, Little Rock, found deceased, 24 Oct 2015

Is there a YouTube or video link? Wish I'd been able to watch this.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

no the woods are different...the woods they spoke of were 30 miles away...these woods are in West Little Rock but are about 3 miles from where her car was found. The woods are surrounded by several apartment complexes but there must be an exact reason for the Little Rock police to form an official search party for these woods. I have spent many hours searching in this 20 acres of woods...but looking for clues 2 years after the fact is painstakingly slow if not impossible.

Is there a podcast, or something?

This is kinda localish to me. I live out in BFE though, and to hear the mom talk about sex trafficking here, in Arkansas blows my mind. People seem more concerned about deer traffic.

Watching Dr. Phil now.

Is there a podcast, or something?

This is kinda localish to me. I live out in BFE though, and to hear the mom talk about sex trafficking here, in Arkansas blows my mind. People seem more concerned about deer traffic.

Watching Dr. Phil now.

Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hanson has a two part story on YouTube about this case and The Vanished has a podcast about the case on their website. However, the best of the two is the podcast.

I live in the suburbs of Little Rock out in the country. We don’t have to worry about sex trafficking in the immediate area of where I live, but if we head towards town where the interstate runs right through the middle of everything sex trafficking is a problem. And it’s definitely a problem in Little Rock where the metro area has over a half million people and two major interstates (I-30 and I-40) running right through the middle of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hanson has a two part story on YouTube about this case and The Vanished has a podcast about the case on their website. However, the best of the two is the podcast.

I live in the suburbs of Little Rock out in the country. We don’t have to worry about sex trafficking in the immediate area of where I live, but if we head towards town where the interstate runs right through the middle of everything sex trafficking is a problem. And it’s definitely a problem in Little Rock where the metro area has over a half million people and two major interstates (I-30 and I-40) running right through the middle of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard of that one before, I'll put the podcast on in a few hours. Thanks for the suggestion.

Coming from California, and even though I've lived here far too long now, I still feel like most of Arkansas is Nowheresville. I see your point though, about the freeways.

No new info?????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I am new to this case but I took the time to watch the Dr. Phil videos and also every comment in here and this case is just absurd. How could LE just not care? I know a local posted here that there were many missing teen girls at the time Ebby disappeared but still... shouldn't it have boosted the investigation, and maybe made them took it more seriously? (Not just Ebby's case, but all those disappearances that I have not heard about before.) I mean, it could be gang related sex trafficking, for example, and investigating the cases well could've stopped things. I can't say what I think about here but I guess maybe sometimes your enemies aren't who you think they are (and, to be clear, I'm not accusing her family here...).

Bumping for Ebby...thoughts to her family and friends today. I wish we had more info about her life and whether or not she was actually into any particular drug. Sometimes people want to protect and not admit and I understand that. It may be that addiction has nothing to do with this. Just a thought.

Anyway. If she was disoriented and confused and did not know where she was or who she was with as was indicated by her brother during their last phone call, it leads me in a few different directions and none of them good. Date rape drugs come to mind, but then why would someone let her answer the phone if they were looking to cause her harm at that particular time?

I don't know what happened to you Ebby but I hope for your safe return wherever you are. This is just sad all around.

Off topic maybe and a side note: I had a very overprotective, overcritical and enabling mother who probably did not realize that by her always coming to my rescue when I made bad decisions (regarding addiction) many years ago that it contributed to my demise over and over again. We did not realize that the nature of our relationship was harming us both and I had to disengage from her to get a healthier mindset to make better choices. I got help. She did not.

I happen to agree with the family's decision to let her go and be supportive from the outside. I wish mine had done the same and even if I ended up in the same position (whatever that is) as Ebby, it would have been the better decision for them and I feel they have no blame here. The responsibility of harm if it has come to Ebby does not solely land on her decision making. It lands with the person who chose to harm her if that is what happened. Life, unfortunately is a very slippery slope and I really wish that she would slide on home regardless.

Bumping for Ebby...thoughts to her family and friends today. I wish we had more info about her life and whether or not she was actually into any particular drug. Sometimes people want to protect and not admit and I understand that. It may be that addiction has nothing to do with this. Just a thought.

Anyway. If she was disoriented and confused and did not know where she was or who she was with as was indicated by her brother during their last phone call, it leads me in a few different directions and none of them good. Date rape drugs come to mind, but then why would someone let her answer the phone if they were looking to cause her harm at that particular time?

I don't know what happened to you Ebby but I hope for your safe return wherever you are. This is just sad all around.

Off topic maybe and a side note: I had a very overprotective, overcritical and enabling mother who probably did not realize that by her always coming to my rescue when I made bad decisions (regarding addiction) many years ago that it contributed to my demise over and over again. We did not realize that the nature of our relationship was harming us both and I had to disengage from her to get a healthier mindset to make better choices. I got help. She did not.

I happen to agree with the family's decision to let her go and be supportive from the outside. I wish mine had done the same and even if I ended up in the same position (whatever that is) as Ebby, it would have been the better decision for them and I feel they have no blame here. The responsibility of harm if it has come to Ebby does not solely land on her decision making. It lands with the person who chose to harm her if that is what happened. Life, unfortunately is a very slippery slope and I really wish that she would slide on home regardless.

I agree with you that sometimes families (especially parents) don't want to admit that their children have/had drug addictions or were dealing... Although, in manycases, they just aren't aware of it. I'm not accusing Ebby's parents of hiding something related to drugs because maybe Ebby was not doing drugs. Or maybe she'd just gotten into them. Remember that they said how her behaviour had changed weeks prior to her disappearance? I think this is a huge sign that she was either using, or that she'd met new friends who'd made her change her behaviour, somehow. I personally take this as a clue that there was something new going on in her life, and that it was not something good for her (but she probably didn't even realize it). People can be very charming and manipulative in order to get someone to trust them, and then, bam!

About the fact that she was disoriented during the last conversation she had with her brother... It also puzzles me. And I think this is one thing that puzzles everyone. Who would give her, for example, some rape drug, and then let her answer her phone? It doesn't make much sense. Unless they though she had passed out already, and that she would not be able to make/answer any phone calls... But didn't the person think to take her phone first?

Here's a thought. Maybe she was with someone she trusted. She has a drink in her car and the "friend" slips the drug into it without her noticing it. He wants to take her away (let's say for sex traficking or to just plain rape her, or kill her) but he wants things to go smoothly. He doesn't want her to start panicking/trying to get away before the drug kicks in, so he decides to act "normal" and leave her alone in her car with all her belongings. He knows that she will "pass out" pretty quickly and that she does not suspect anything yet so... he waits for the drug to take its' effect.

Or, another possibility... at that age people are often willing to experience with new drugs. What if the "friend" told her that he's just gotten something new, and that it's good, and that instead, he gives her a pill (or more than one) of something that contains the same thing as the rape drugs? I just read on the subject and things as easily available as Klonopin can be used as a rape drug. But then, if this was the case, Ebby would've known that she'd just taken something, and, when she talked to her brother, she probably would've told him that she'd taken somethin and that she was not feeling well because of that.

All in all, this is hard to guess. I would go with my first theory (the one in which it was slipped in her drink by a friend without her noticing), but I can't be sure of this. But this could explain how she was later taken from her car, or how she got out of her car without even turning the engine off, trying to get help, and when "they" took her away.

Somehow, I believe this girl is still alive somewhere. Just like Danielle Stislicki... Their vanishing are so strange and there are so many unknown facts that I do still have hope they've not been killed.

I'm from the area I have read about this case since around the time LRPD removed JC White and Det. Williams from the case and gave it to the homicide division (now being handled by the "Cold Case" unit), but have recently re-read and delved into it a little more. There's one avenue that my mind keeps taking me down and that is if Ebby sounded like she was under the influence of something and confused at the time of the phone call with her brother on Saturday night (and police later determined by the ping information from her phone that this call was taken in the park where her car was found) is it possible that she for some reason got out of the car and wandered into the woods (car was found with the ignition on, but had since ran out of gas and the battery was dead when police finally responded to the report of the car's location) and became incapacitated in some manner? Just one avenue of thought I haven't really seen discussed. Also think the human trafficking angle is possible due to the intersection of the major corridors and other disappearances from this area in the time. Thoughts?

I’ve just recently learned of this case, and yes, I too wondered if maybe she was confused and wandered away. Are you familiar with the park at all?

I wonder what prompted them to search in the drainage pipe after all this time? I'm surprised it wasn't searched a long time ago. It opens up near where her car was found so it seems like she might have gone in there herself, I'd think if someone was hiding her body they wouldn't have left the car right by it. Hopefully the autopsy will give some answers. May Ebby rest in peace.

FBI investigation after cops find remains of a girl, 18, in a pipe after she went missing in 2015 | Daily Mail Online

4C9268D900000578-0-image-a-91_1527129619143.jpg

4C92AA1600000578-5765203-image-a-100_1527131453691.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member