Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We have looked forward to this day for a long time.

We just delivered a brand new bouncing software platform with all kinds of cool things we could only dream about before.

Please do not get scared. Almost everything is the same and those things that have changed have changed for the better.

The first thing you should try is our new way of sending Private Messages. PM's are now called "Conversations". You can invite up to 5 other people (with you equals 6 people on a conversation) and the conversation looks exactly like a thread on a public forum. However, it is not public, no one in management can see it, and the only people who can read the conversation are those who are actually participating.

One of the biggest changes is going to be how we handle putting members on timeout.

Your timeouts are all done by a point system. This will take away any guesswork.

You are allowed up to 5 points in a 30 day period before you are timed out. The time out length depends on the amount of points you end up. Say you have 4 points and you do something really horrible like call someone stupid. Calling someone stupid could be worth 4 points. Now all of a sudden you have 8 points and that means you get a 5 day time out.

Please do not hold me to these exact numbers. I'm trying to remember and to be honest, my memory sucks more than a sucker fish in a sucking contest.

You will get warnings and your warning is assigned a point value. Let's say being snarky is two points. Those two points will stay on your user name for 30 days then the points drop off.

No one should be getting any points right?

Please remember if you get 5 points or more in 30 days then you are timed out for three days. As the points against you go up so does the time you spend I timeout.
You can solve the problem of being timed out by behaving and reading our Terms of Service.

There is more to tell you and I'll be coming back and answering any questions you may have.

We ask for your patience as we are all on a learning curve here.

Finally, thanks to Dave our IT guy for doing such a good job and making sure everything ran smoothly and he was able to get us up and running 24 hours earlier than expected.

OK fire away my true crime angels.

We just delivered a brand new bouncing software platform with all kinds of cool things we could only dream about before.

Please do not get scared. Almost everything is the same and those things that have changed have changed for the better.

The first thing you should try is our new way of sending Private Messages. PM's are now called "Conversations". You can invite up to 5 other people (with you equals 6 people on a conversation) and the conversation looks exactly like a thread on a public forum. However, it is not public, no one in management can see it, and the only people who can read the conversation are those who are actually participating.

One of the biggest changes is going to be how we handle putting members on timeout.

Your timeouts are all done by a point system. This will take away any guesswork.

You are allowed up to 5 points in a 30 day period before you are timed out. The time out length depends on the amount of points you end up. Say you have 4 points and you do something really horrible like call someone stupid. Calling someone stupid could be worth 4 points. Now all of a sudden you have 8 points and that means you get a 5 day time out.

Please do not hold me to these exact numbers. I'm trying to remember and to be honest, my memory sucks more than a sucker fish in a sucking contest.

You will get warnings and your warning is assigned a point value. Let's say being snarky is two points. Those two points will stay on your user name for 30 days then the points drop off.

Please remember if you get 5 points or more in 30 days then you are timed out for three days. As the points against you go up so does the time you spend I timeout.
You can solve the problem of being timed out by behaving and reading our Terms of Service.

There is more to tell you and I'll be coming back and answering any questions you may have.

Finally, thanks to Dave our IT guy for doing such a good job and making sure everything ran smoothly and he was able to get us up and running 24 hours earlier than expected.

OK fire awa y my true crime angels.
Beautiful work. Congrats.

:):p:p:)

OK fire awa y my true crime angels.

Shello! Wow, cool! I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but I love the new look! It's pretty! Good job, Dave... Tricia...everyone involved!

1) What are trophy points?
2) What am I doing wrong with getting the faces to go where I want them in my text? (I think they're all now on top instead... huh?)

Oh well... I'll figure it out.

But yah! Nicely done, all! We survived! And Pooh Bear made the cut... bonus, baby!

It’s looking good, Tricia! I’m still exploring, but so far so good. Congratulations on the new bouncing baby software program. I have 38 points. How many years of time outs is that? :D

Will we get our old emojis back?

Congratulations Tricia & Dave! It is very nice looking.

Question, I had a file of pictures I had edited of a MP. Are those gone? I'm looking but do not find.

All of the prefixes on all of the threads are gone... how will this be remedied?
We are aware of this problem. We will be turning off the forum sometime tonight to fix this issue. Not sure when we will be back on but hopefully sometime tomorrow.
Thank you for letting us know.

Congratulations Tricia & Dave! It is very nice looking.

Question, I had a file of pictures I had edited of a MP. Are those gone? I'm looking but do not find.
Hey Rose,
Let me check with Dave and see what he says. We will be turning off the forum soon to fix another problem. Hopefully, we will be back up by tomorrow.

Woohoo! So far it’s awesome!
Only thing I need is a ‘go to top’ button at the bottom of the page so I don’t have to scroll allllll the way back up to check my followed pages and alerts

Hi, not sure if you have found it yet but the go to top button is very bottom right, just having a good look around and found it. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie