MA MA - Chelsea Jane Doe, BlkFem 17-25, UP14135, "Lisa from Philly”, Nov'00

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
New images released of unidentified homicide victim
cache.php

The victim’s body was found on Nov. 13, 2000, in a parking lot on Crest Avenue. Officials believe she had been dead for about 24 hours.
She is described to be a medium- to light-skinned black female, who may also be Asian, Cape Verdean or Indian. Officials believe she was 17 to 25 years old at the time of her death.

The woman was about 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighed about 100 to 130 pounds.

She had short black hair with a reddish tint. No obvious tattoos, scars or identifying marks were found on her body.

Massachusetts State Police have identified and arrested a suspect in the homicide. The suspect said that the victim was involved in sex trafficking at the time of her death, claimed she identified herself as Lisa and was from Philadelphia.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/new-images-released-of-unidentified-homicide-victim/18719987

The woman was found on Nov. 13, 2000, in a parking lot on Crest Avenue, said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in a statement. Officials believe she had been dead for about 24 hours.
“Her body was decapitated and just her torso was found,” said Chelsea Police Captain Keith Houghton. “But the homicide actually occurred in Lynn.”
State Police arrested Eugene McCollom, a Lynn resident, on Aug. 30, 2001, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the Essex County District Attorney’s office, which is working with NCMEC.
McCollom confessed that he brought a prostitute, who he claimed was from Philadelphia, back to his room at the Lynn YMCA in 2000 and began arguing with her over money.“During the argument, he killed the woman, cut off her head and hands, and then dumped her body in Chelsea,” Kimball Monahan said.Her head and hands were later found on a beach in Nahant in 2004, she said.McCollom was arraigned in Lynn District Court on a murder charge and pled guilty to second-degree murder in February 2005. He was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 15 years, Kimball Monahan said.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...und-chelsea/wNqVQ2q7jFB3HDnEa8XMuN/story.html

The victim was described to be medium to light skin black, with possible admixture of Asian, Cape Verdean, or Indian, 5'2 to 5'5 tall, and weighed 100 to 130 pounds. She had had short black hair with a reddish tint.

She was said to be between the age of 17 and 25 at the time of death.

The woman had purple polish on her toenails.

Officials say she had been treated by a dentist sometime in her life as there several fillings in her teeth. She also had a slight overbite that might have been noticeable to others.
http://6abc.com/facial-reconstruction-created-of-victim-possibly-from-phila/3142783/

Missing and Forgotten: The search for Chelsea Jane Doe's identity

Missing and Forgotten: The search for Chelsea Jane Doe's identity

early 20 years ago, Chelsea police made a disturbing discovery in the back of a parking lot at the Chelsea Soldier’s Home — the mutilated, headless body of a young woman.

Now known as Chelsea Jane Doe, her killer has been caught, but she has never been identified.

On Nov. 13, 2000, Chelsea Police Chief Kyes was called to the Soldiers’ Home. Beneath a blanket, police found the young woman’s body. The killer had dismembered her body, cutting off her hands, feet and head.

Police work led detectives to Eugene McCollom, who told investigators Jane Doe was a prostitute he had picked up in Boston’s Theater District and brought back to his tiny room at the Lynn YMCA.

He told police he killed her after a dispute over money.

The fact is no one seems to be looking for this child even though we have some ideas of her origins, where she's from — possibly out of Philadelphia, found in Boston,” said Lowery. “She was a child sex trafficking victim.”

In Namus I searched for those demographics, but expanded the possible age downward to 15. I found Lakisha Danielle Jones missing from Nashville, TN since Dec. 15, 1999. She has a scar under her eye and a tattoo, but I'm not considering that automatically disqualifying because of how her body was treated by her killer.
Facially, to me, Lakisha looks similar to this Jane Doe.
Missing Person Case
Thoughts?

In Namus I searched for those demographics, but expanded the possible age downward to 15. I found Lakisha Danielle Jones missing from Nashville, TN since Dec. 15, 1999. She has a scar under her eye and a tattoo, but I'm not considering that automatically disqualifying because of how her body was treated by her killer.
Facially, to me, Lakisha looks similar to this Jane Doe.
Missing Person Case
Thoughts?

I looked at her too! She similar to the Jane Doe.
I also thought if she had a southern accent "Lakisha" could be mistaken for "Lisa" especially by someone who really didn't give a hoot.

It's very possible she could have given him false information, especially if he was giving off creepy vibes. He could be straight up lying. I'm trying to picture their conversation and how he would get the information. From my understanding, prostitutes don't usually tell people they've been trafficked unless they're asking for help getting out.

I also find it interesting that despite allegedly being trafficked, their encounter wasn't arranged by a pimp and she didn't call a pimp when he wouldn't pay up.

Does anyone else think dismembering her the way he did and scattering her seem like a lot for covering up the murder of a prostitute? I can't help but wonder if he would have become a serial killer, had he not been caught relatively quickly.

It sounds like this girl was living a very hard life and was killed in a very brutal way :(

I'm assuming the police have information that would lead them to believe she's a trafficking victim since they usually don't say that lightly.
The way he treated her body definitely makes me worry that this was not the first time he did this.

It appears that they did/do suspect Eugene McCollom of other murders. According to this 2006 piece, he also cut out her heart, and there's at least one other female murder victim with similar postmortem injuries. Death and the Maidens

I'm not sure that it helps with the ID of this woman, other than it suggests he picked her up specifically to kill her. According to this article, he did provide honest answers to questions about another murder, so the details he provided about Chelsea Jane Doe may have been true.

She deserves a name. RIP sweet girl.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
421UFMA

421UFMA - Unidentified Female
421UFMA7.jpg
421UFMA6.jpg
421UFMA2.jpg
421UFMA3.jpg
421UFMA4.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim by NCMEC, Melissa Clark Maglio and earlier digital renderings.

Date of Discovery: November 13, 2000
Location of Discovery: Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Estimated Date of Death: 2000
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 17-25 yrs old
Race: Black with possible East Indian or Asian admixture. Possibly Cape Verdean ethnicity.
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" to 5'5"
Weight: 100 to 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with a reddish tint (possibly dyed).
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light skinned, she was petite with good muscle, she was wearing a wig. She wore purple nail polish; and an 8 1/2 shoe size.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. She had a slight overbite and several dental fillings.
Fingerprints: Not Available.
DNA: Not Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: Carpet found with victim.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victims' headless remains were found on the grounds of the Soldiers' Home in Chelsea, Massachusetts on November 12, 2000. In January of 2004, police located the victims' head and hands buried in a container on a beach in the North Shore town of Nahant, Massachusetts. The victim was a prostitute in the Boston area.

Surveillance footage captured Eugene McCollom dumping the body, which was wrapped in a blanket. McCollom allegedly stated that the victim had identified herself as “Lisa” and that she was from “Philly”. He also told investigators that he picked up the prostitute in Boston and drove her to his room at the YMCA in Lynn, Massachusetts. They then argued over money and he strangled her.

Eugene McCollom pleaded guilty to this homicide in February 2005.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Office of the Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Joseph Cahill
Agency Phone Number: 617-267-6767 ext. 2232 or 617-267-6767
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2000-3244 (2004-188)

NCIC Case Number: U400005260
NamUs Case Number: 14135
NCMEC Case Number: 1184605

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
Massachusetts State Police
Boston Herald

This is so sad, I wonder why there are so many people where their families just don't report them missing. Did they give up hope or they don't give a crud?

upload_2021-9-6_15-35-2.jpeg upload_2021-9-6_15-35-18.jpeg

I can’t find a better photo of Lisa but her overall face shape seems similar enough. She would have been 32 years old at the time but we’ve seen greater discrepancies in identified cases.

Lisa Flowers – The Charley Project

ETA: I went ahead and submitted these two. Hopefully she’s not already listed as an exclusion on NamUs.

Last edited:
[URL="https://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1184605/1/screen"]Have you seen this child? Jane chelsea Doe2000[/URL]

Note: On November 13, 2000 an unidentified female was found deceased in a parking lot on Crest Ave in Chelsea, Massachusetts. She had been deceased for approximately 24 hours. The victim is described to be a medium to light skin black female with possible admixture of Asian, Cape Verdean, or Indian. She was 17-25 years old at the time of death, stood 5’2″ to 5’5″ tall and weighed around 100-130 pounds. She is described as petite with good muscle tone. The female had short black hair with a reddish tint. No obvious tattoos, scars or identifying marks were observed on her body. The female did have purple polish on her toenails. She had been treated by a dentist in life as several fillings were observed in her teeth. She also had a slight overbite that might have been noticeable to others. Massachusetts State Police have identified and arrested a suspect in this female’s homicide. The suspect stated that the victim was involved in sex trafficking at the time of her death, claimed she identified herself as ?Lisa?, and was from Philadelphia, PA. Images above are a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist that depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

While working on a project about missing people this unidentified woman continues to bother me. She has purple nail police and was size 8.5 in women's shoes. She had brown hair and a tinted red likely dyed. NCMEC has more information than NamUS including she was found in a parking lot on Crest Ave in Chelsea, MA. She had been deceased for approximately 24 hours when she was found on November 13th, 2000. She was described as a medium to light skin black female with possible admixture of Asian, Cape Verdean or Indian. She was 17-25 years old at the time of her death. She stood around 5'2 to 5'5. She weighed between 100 and 130lbs. No obvious tattoos, scars or identifying marks. She had been treated by a dentist in life an had several fillings. She had a slight overbite that may have been noticeable to others. MA State police identified a suspect and arrested them. The suspect stated that the victim was involved in sex trafficking at the time of her death and claimed her name was Lisa from Philadelphia, PA. Child advocate believes she was in foster system and was a victim of sex trafficking.

Have you seen this child? Jane chelsea Doe2000

News Articles: Missing and Forgotten: The search for Chelsea Jane Doe's identity

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back