GUILTY Uk - Sophie Lionnet, 21, Body Found Burned, Wandsworth, London, 20 Sep 2017 *arrests*

After eight hours of waiting Friday, May 18 at Old Bailey, London's high criminal court, parents are forced to spend the weekend in England before extending the wait again from Monday, May 21.

After two and a half days of deliberation, the jury has not yet decided on the guilt - or not...

[...]

The members of the jury asked to review certain elements of the hearings before taking a decision.

According to our information, Sabrina Kouider did not attend the hearing on Friday, May 18, complaining of a gastroenteritis. The accused must nevertheless be present, physically or by videoconference, to hear the verdict.

http://www.lest-eclair.fr/68968/art...faire-sophie-lionnet-entre-le-21-et-le-25-mai

After eight hours of waiting Friday, May 18 at Old Bailey, London's high criminal court, parents are forced to spend the weekend in England before extending the wait again from Monday, May 21.

After two and a half days of deliberation, the jury has not yet decided on the guilt - or not...

[...]

The members of the jury asked to review certain elements of the hearings before taking a decision.

According to our information, Sabrina Kouider did not attend the hearing on Friday, May 18, complaining of a gastroenteritis. The accused must nevertheless be present, physically or by videoconference, to hear the verdict.

http://www.lest-eclair.fr/68968/art...faire-sophie-lionnet-entre-le-21-et-le-25-mai
Thanks for this. Typical that SK was absent. I had a feeling there would be some drama to do with her at this point.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I hope we get the decision today before we go offline.

Me too, janeh! Can it be posted on WS facebook page?

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk
I hope so because it said to use Facebook and Twitter in the interim while the site is down.

BTW, has anybody heard from Michelle? Getting really worried about her!

BTW, has anybody heard from Michelle? Getting really worried about her!

We swapped emails recently and I've emailed but heard nothing either ... [emoji849][emoji848]

I've heard from Michelle and she's fine (not been thrown in the cells for shouting out in court [emoji6]) She's just busy and hasn't been able to attend court.

I've heard from Michelle and she's fine (not been thrown in the cells for shouting out in court [emoji6]) She's just busy and hasn't been able to attend court.
Thank you!

I really don't understand why it is taking so long to get a verdict. [emoji53]

I have to admit I was starting to get nervous after 5 full days of deliberation and no guilty verdicts.

A couple, who killed their timid French nanny and threw her body on a bonfire because of their warped fantasy about an ex-Boyzone pop star, have been convicted of murder.

Sabrina Kouider, 35, and Ouissem Medouni , 40, beat, starved and tortured au pair Sophie Lionnet, 21, after falsely accusing her of being in league with music mogul Mark Walton, who was Kouider’s ex-boyfriend.

The couple killed her in the bath then burned her body in their garden near Wimbledon, south west London, as they barbecued chicken nearby. When neighbours alerted fire fighters, Medouni tried to pass off the charred remains as a sheep.

Kouider collapsed in tears and Medouni hung his head as the jury foreman returned guilty verdicts to murder for both. They each blamed the other for Lionnet’s death.

Couple obsessed with Boyzone member guilty of killing French nanny

Thank goodness, wonder what took so long? Hope they get a very very long sentence. Crazy doesn't begin to describe this whole thing.

Couple guilty of murdering French au pair

A couple obsessed with an ex-Boyzone singer have been found guilty of murdering their French au pair and burning her body in the garden.

Sabrina Kouider and Ouissem Medouni were convinced Sophie Lionnet was plotting to abuse people in their home, with the help of singer Mark Walton.

They tortured Ms Lionnet before her charred body was found at a house in south-west London on 20 September.

The 'toxic' couple who murdered their au pair - some more in-depth background info:

A couple who tortured their French au pair before burning her body in their garden have been convicted of her murder. Why did Sabrina Kouider and Ouissem Medouni kill 21-year-old Sophie Lionnet?

As a motive for murder, it is bizarre beyond belief.

Kouider, 35, suspected her former boyfriend Mark Walton, a founding member of the Irish pop group Boyzone, was having an affair with her young au pair.

Edit: oh that's nice, the forum automatically gave the links the titles of the articles (I only copy+pasted the link), I'm liking this new forum software!

Thank goodness indeed. I was beginning to get very worried that this was going to a majority or worse..... excellent day with this news and the news re cilliers

Just a report from yesterday (before today's verdict) I'm not sure where the quote button is yet so I'll use speech marks until I find it

"The jury began deliberating on verdicts last Wednesday afternoon and was given words of advice by judge Nicholas Hilliard on their sixth day in retirement.

He told them: “It’s obviously a responsible job that you have got as jurors and it can be a stressful one, everybody understands that.

“Obviously you will help each other manage that process. You might not all agree and each of you must be true to the oath or affirmation you took.

“But as I have said to you it’s important everybody is listened to politely and all your discussions are conducted with courtesy and respect.

“If anybody feels that is not happening and feels untoward pressure of any kind you must let me know. If you want a break at any time you can have one.”

Just before 4pm, Judge Hilliard handed the jurors a majority direction saying he would accept verdicts on which at least 10 of them were agreed."

‘Courtesy and respect’ key to deliberations in French nanny murder trial

Agh, where is the insert quote button please (impatience), I can't see it along the top of the reply box even though it's probably staring me in the face

FOUND IT :D

Agh, where is the insert quote button please (impatience), I can't see it along the top of the reply box even though it's probably staring me in the face
"Insert" button then there's a few options. Just to the right left right of the "insert video" button.

ETA: don't know left from right. I must be having brain freeze.

Last edited:
Very detailed report from the Met Police, lots of information. Just quoting this portion about the verdict:

Medouni, a self-employed businessman and Kouider, a self-styled fashion designer/stylist who liked to boast of mixing with celebrities, will be sentenced on Tuesday, 26 June. The jury deliberated for 29 hours and 39 minues. There was a 10-2 majority in favour of Medouni being found guilty of murder and a unanimous verdict for Kouider

Two guilty of young nanny's murder

Mugshots

Dd9G0fsV0AAjRmQ.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member