AR AR - Ebby Steppach, 18, Little Rock, found deceased, 24 Oct 2015

I wonder what prompted them to search in the drainage pipe after all this time? I'm surprised it wasn't searched a long time ago. It opens up near where her car was found so it seems like she might have gone in there herself, I'd think if someone was hiding her body they wouldn't have left the car right by it. Hopefully the autopsy will give some answers. May Ebby rest in peace.
I've been following this as it is local to me. Found this in a recent article: Police confirm Ebby Steppach's remains found at Little Rock park
Investigators returned to the park Tuesday after reviewing the case and re-examining evidence, according to a statement police released Wednesday on YouTube. They used a remote-controlled robot equipped with a video camera to look inside the pipe, where they found two obstructions. Investigators then decided to excavate the area surrounding the pipe. They continued searching and found human remains inside the pipe about 10:30 a.m.
As an aside, the park where this event occured is in one of the most affluent sections of Little Rock. I'm still baffled at the way LRPD treated this case at the beginning, I can only think that they were thinking she was just some bratty rich kid that ran away (which doesn't make it acceptable either). Earlier articles I read about the original investigator indicated that he was pretty green and I know a lot fell through the cracks (took them days to check out the car, months to question the security guard who called it in, treated her mom/step dad very rudely). The outcome most likely would have been the same but at least it may have come to resolution quicker and turned up some evidence. I doubt there is much left after 3.5 years. :(

This article shows an overhead view which is helpful: FBI investigation after cops find remains of a girl, 18, in a pipe after she went missing in 2015 | Daily Mail Online

4C9268D900000578-0-image-a-91_1527129619143.jpg

I've been following this as it is local to me. Found this in a recent article: Police confirm Ebby Steppach's remains found at Little Rock park

As an aside, the park where this event occured is in one of the most affluent sections of Little Rock. I'm still baffled at the way LRPD treated this case at the beginning, I can only think that they were thinking she was just some bratty rich kid that ran away (which doesn't make it acceptable either). Earlier articles I read about the original investigator indicated that he was pretty green and I know a lot fell through the cracks (took them days to check out the car, months to question the security guard who called it in, treated her mom/step dad very rudely). The outcome most likely would have been the same but at least it may have come to resolution quicker and turned up some evidence. I doubt there is much left after 3.5 years. :(

Hello, fellow Little Rocker! I agree that this whole mess was very poorly handled. I read yesterday that someone very early on in the investigation reported a foul smell in the exact area she was found and called 911 to report it. The police blew it off as them smelling natural gas. (Trying to find a link) :mad: Just unbelievably shabby work by LRPD.

Last edited:
All I can think about is her poor mother who has been searching so hard for so long. My heart breaks for Miss Ebby. She was a smart, gorgeous girl with her whole life ahead of her. The second I saw this on the news, I KNEW it was Ebby. My heart sank. Do you guys think she was murdered or was hiding there from someone and couldn't get out??

All I can think about is her poor mother who has been searching so hard for so long. My heart breaks for Miss Ebby. She was a smart, gorgeous girl with her whole life ahead of her. The second I saw this on the news, I KNEW it was Ebby. My heart sank. Do you guys think she was murdered or was hiding there from someone and couldn't get out??
After getting a better view of the entrance to the pipe, I'm leaning towards someone else putting her there. There's no way she'd be able to remove the manhole cover and from the pictures I'm not sure she'd fit in the horizontal opening, it'd be difficult if even possible. If I'm drugged and disoriented in that location, I think I'd more likely run to the surrounding woods than try to squeeze myself into that drain.

Definitely Homicide. I agree with Ali. about being likely to run into open woods if she was drugged/disoriented. You could check out Lars Mittank's thread for why I think that. I believe he was drugged or had a mental break and he ran out of the airport into what seems like no where.

After getting a better view of the entrance to the pipe, I'm leaning towards someone else putting her there. There's no way she'd be able to remove the manhole cover and from the pictures I'm not sure she'd fit in the horizontal opening, it'd be difficult if even possible. If I'm drugged and disoriented in that location, I think I'd more likely run to the surrounding woods than try to squeeze myself into that drain.
You make good points, Ali. Plus, and please correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't she on the phone with her brother or something seconds before she went missing and she sounded scared and super out of it? I think someone drugged her right as she was leaving a place and then followed her. Likely one of the guys who assaulted her previously and didn't want word to get out. if it was someone other than that, my god, how unlucky and targeted this poor girl was.

You make good points, Ali. Plus, and please correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't she on the phone with her brother or something seconds before she went missing and she sounded scared and super out of it? I think someone drugged her right as she was leaving a place and then followed her. Likely one of the guys who assaulted her previously and didn't want word to get out. if it was someone other than that, my god, how unlucky and targeted this poor girl was.

Yes, she did. I believe she told her brother she didn't know where she was, but she thought she was outside his house (obviously, she wasn't). I will fall out of my chair if her death is not related to the assault. That's way too coincidental for me.

I've only just heard about this case a few days ago so I don't know all or even most of the details. Is it possible that she could have fell into or slipped into the pipe in any way or does this look like homicide?

The local news I was watching did not say she was in the drain right there in the images posted above - it led into it. My impression was that there was a larger opening somewhere else in the park or wooded area around the park where there was an actual tube, like the plastic corrugated ones, that was sticking out that she was put in (or crawled in - my opinion is that she was murdered, especially because she was allegedly raped by a police officer's son days before she went missing and her case was bungled badly). When they showed the drainage pipe the news reporter said "this leads in to the area where Ebby was found"

Also, I don't think I can post here, but there's a very interesting and VERY disturbing post on her friend's fb page ):

hold on--did I just read 12 pages and just now catch that one of the alleged assaulters was a police officer's son? I just saw the recent news story and stumbled across this site--to be fair I didn't click on every single link but I'm surprised that detail wasn't discussed if true. With all the discussion on how the investigation was handled initially, that would seem to be a very important detail.

The local news I was watching did not say she was in the drain right there in the images posted above - it led into it. My impression was that there was a larger opening somewhere else in the park or wooded area around the park where there was an actual tube, like the plastic corrugated ones, that was sticking out that she was put in (or crawled in - my opinion is that she was murdered, especially because she was allegedly raped by a police officer's son days before she went missing and her case was bungled badly). When they showed the drainage pipe the news reporter said "this leads in to the area where Ebby was found"

Also, I don't think I can post here, but there's a very interesting and VERY disturbing post on her friend's fb page ):
Can you please message me a link to the post???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back