CA CA - Anita Qvist, 13, San Francisco, 1 January 1979

Found a yearbook photo of Anita.... She was a Freshman in 1978 at Oceana High School (Pacifica, CA). The yearbook misspells her surname as "Quist". Unfortunately Classmates does not have the yearbook for 1979.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2018-05-21_at_2.13.04_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2018-05-21_at_2.13.04_PM.png
    100 KB · Views: 665
Found a yearbook photo of Anita.... She was a Freshman in 1978 at Oceana High School (Pacifica, CA). The yearbook misspells her surname as "Quist". Unfortunately Classmates does not have the yearbook for 1979.

attachment.php

12 is a little young to be a freshman, could they have her age off, considering she went missing at 13 in 1979?

Quist looks to be the English or "anglicized" spelling of the Finnish surname Qvist.

12 is a little young to be a freshman, could they have her age off, considering she went missing at 13 in 1979?

Quist looks to be the English or "anglicized" spelling of the Finnish surname Qvist.

The photos on NAMUS are from when she was 13 years old, but she was last seen by her family at age 15. This yearbook picture is probably now the most recent picture we have of her.

I think you're right about the surname spelling - her sister is in the same yearbook with the surname spelled "Quist" too.

Someone needs to submit her as a possible for EDJD!

Ok, I couldn't stand it! I've submitted her to Namus and copied in Det Cathy Phillips (although I got a bounceback saying her inbox is full so forwarded to the general ED PD email address).

Full credit to @Two for the Road and the rest of you for this find

Is this possible that Anita was reported missing cause of latest developments in Lyle Stevik and Marcia Lenore King's cases?
That would be great in a way, if people will try to check if their long lost relatives and friends moved on and are living their lifes or possibly they never left, just couldnt go hpome cause something terrible happened to them.
If so I hope that people will not gave these people much criticism for not looking for their possibly missing relatives and friends for years because that could discourage others from doing so. It's awesome that they are still looking for Anita.

Is this possible that Anita was reported missing cause of latest developments in Lyle Stevik and Marcia Lenore King's cases?
That would be great in a way, if people will try to check if their long lost relatives and friends moved on and are living their lifes or possibly they never left, just couldnt go hpome cause something terrible happened to them.
If so I hope that people will not gave these people much criticism for not looking for their possibly missing relatives and friends for years because that could discourage others from doing so. It's awesome that they are still looking for Anita.

That is entirely possible. It may also be possible that it's a Tammy Jo Alexander type of thing, where her old friend searched and couldn't find her on social media so they turned to Namus.

As for the submission, I think it's great but the DNA tests aren't back yet so not likely that LE will be able to make a match. This one is still at the wait and see stage...

Can someone try to get the 2 photos to the same size and overlay them so we can see if the facial features match?
(I'm am no photography or computer whiz, or I would do it myself).

I'll look through the photos tonight or tomorrow and see whether there are two that are suitable. They both need to show the face at the same angle, and on a quick glance, I don't see a matching pair.

You do mean EDJD and Anita, right?

I'll look through the photos tonight or tomorrow and see whether there are two that are suitable. They both need to show the face at the same angle, and on a quick glance, I don't see a matching pair.

You do mean EDJD and Anita, right?
yes.

Perhaps we can get eagle eye Carl to look at the side by side.

While similar in look, I see the face shape very different, and space between bottom lip and chin different as well. However, the angle of the face in the pic on the left makes a comparison difficult.
It doesn’t look like a match to me, but Carl has the eye.

Perhaps we can get eagle eye Carl to look at the side by side.

While similar in look, I see the face shape very different, and space between bottom lip and chin different as well. However, the angle of the face in the pic on the left makes a comparison difficult.
It doesn’t look like a match to me, but Carl has the eye.

I showed Carl when I first posted Anita here, he does not see them as a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back