Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see so many negative comments online about Meghan. How she doesn't really love Harry and is just using him, blah, blah, blah.

IMO, these comments are more insulting to Harry. I think a lot of people still see him as a young boy who lost his mother all those years ago. But he's a 33 year old man. A well-educated, highly traveled military veteran who's been in plenty of other relationships. I feel pretty confident he knows whether the woman he married loves him or not. IDK why people just can't be happy for them and wish them well.

Off topic - As promised health update.

I’ve had a pretty awful time in hospital but at least they discovered what is wrong. I have been told I have Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis today and that I am bleeding from the ulcers found. I just can’t believe I have these now on top of all my other health problems at 34 years old but I know there are people much worse off than me. Thanks to all you for your good wishes, kindness and support I really appreciate it. I’m waiting to find out what the treatment plan is I am dreading the possibility of more surgery.

I’ve had a pretty awful time in hospital but at least they discovered what is wrong. I have been told I have Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis today and that I am bleeding from the ulcers found. I just can’t believe I have these now on top of all my other health problems at 34 years old but I know there are people much worse off than me. Thanks to all you for your good wishes, kindness and support I really appreciate it. I’m waiting to find out what the treatment plan is I am dreading the possibility of more surgery.

Hi Graham, I am so sorry to hear of this. I am not sure of the other problems you mentioned but, it sounds like you are having a pretty rough time.

Both my aunt and a friend of our family have Crohn's. They sure have had a rough time (mainly while not knowing what it is) but, they deal good and do well on the treatments provided.

I don't know enough about it to give you any advice, or anything, but I'll be thinking of from over here. Also, I am sure there are a bunch of people here with much better words than I. When I needed support, I started a thread downstairs. The people here are second to none. As you know.

Keep us up to date (somewhere) with your progress and I'm wishing you well.

Oh I am so sorry, that's a serious diagnosis. But at least they know what it is. And I hope they can help with the anxiety that must go along with this.

I do know there is much information out there, and new medications, too.

While not recognized so much here in USA, homeopaths are scarce, I am a big believer in homeopathy, as a complimentary remedy, too. I've been using homeopathy for years for all the common acute ailments on myself and my animals with great success. -Even anxiety and stress.

Keep us posted Greg, and continued prayers for your recovery.

Hi Graham, I am so sorry to hear of this. I am not sure of the other problems you mentioned but, it sounds like you are having a pretty rough time.

Both my aunt and a friend of our family have Crohn's. They sure have had a rough time (mainly while not knowing what it is) but, they deal good and do well on the treatments provided.

I don't know enough about it to give you any advice, or anything, but I'll be thinking of from over here. Also, I am sure there are a bunch of people here with much better words than I. When I needed support, I started a thread downstairs. The people here are second to none. As you know.

Keep us up to date (somewhere) with your progress and I'm wishing you well.

Thank you for your very kind reply and good wishes I really appreciate it. Hopefully I will see my Gastroenterologist Consultant ASAP and find out more about the conditions and treatment. I’ve been ill for nearly 12 years now due to botched spinal surgery my health just seems to get worse and worse and it is scary.

I’m so sorry Graham. Just because others have it “worse” doesn’t diminish your situation. You’re allowed to grieve your losses and we grieve them with you. My only advice would be to become as informed as possible and be your own advocate, including a second opinion, if allowed. I second the suggestion to start a thread in the “jury room.”
Sending huge hugs!

Oh I am so sorry, that's a serious diagnosis. But at least they know what it is. And I hope they can help with the anxiety that must go along with this.

I do know there is much information out there, and new medications, too.

While not recognized so much here in USA, homeopaths are scarce, I am a big believer in homeopathy, as a complimentary remedy, too. I've been using homeopathy for years for all the common acute ailments on myself and my animals with great success. -Even anxiety and stress.

Keep us posted Greg, and continued prayers for your recovery.

Thank you for your reply Rose I really appreciate your kindness. I will look into how homeopathy could help me as well as following my consultants recommendations.

I’m so sorry Graham. Just because others have it “worse” doesn’t diminish your situation. You’re allowed to grieve your losses and we grieve them with you. My only advice would be to become as informed as possible and be your own advocate, including a second opinion, if allowed. I second the suggestion to start a thread in the “jury room.”
Sending huge hugs!

Thank you for being so kind Lilibet I will follow your advice. I’m pretty good at being informed with my medical problems, my doctors have been surprised over the years about the extent of knowledge I have about my conditions. They are taken aback when I question why they have decided on one treatment for me and not another. After experiencing medical negligence I no longer trust that the Dr knows best when I know they can make life changing mistakes.

Thank you for being so kind Lilibet I will follow your advice. I’m pretty good at being informed with my medical problems, my doctors have been surprised over the years about the extent of knowledge I have about my conditions. They are taken aback when I question why they have decided on one treatment for me and not another. After experiencing medical negligence I no longer trust that the Dr knows best when I know they can make life changing mistakes.
My friend has the Crohn’s and the wife has the colitis. He just found out a few months ago after losing almost 50 pounds. They took out maybe 14 feet of intestine that was infected,

He is back to work and feels much better. He is in his forties and they figure he had it for at least 20 years.

They eat certain foods and go in for some kind of expensive infusion that takes three hours once a month.

I have read that probiotics are good.

They both are feeling so much better with the infusions.

Best of luck!

Sorry to hear that Greg. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I’m so glad to hear that you stay informed. My husband avoided major, life-changing surgery being pushed by a surgeon 10 years ago by becoming educated. His decision was “cutting edge” (no apology for the pun :rolleyes: ) at the time, and mainstream now. Family gave him a hard time (out of sincere concern and ignorance) but we are so glad he stood firm. Knowledge is power.

Prince Phillip wasn't going to let a cracked rib keep him from his grandson Prince Harry's wedding after a fall in the bath a few days earlier.

The 96-year-old managed to soldier on through the immense pain for the one-hour ceremony at Windsor Castle and reception on Saturday.

The grandfather of the groom seemed cheery with a beaming smile as he arrived at the St George's Chapel with the Queen, walking unaided without a cane.

Read more: Prince Philip soldiered on through the royal wedding despite a cracked rib | Daily Mail Online

It’s amazing how much pain he must have been in and he never let it show. What an amazing man and inspiration.

Off topic

Thanks so much for your messages Lilibet, Human and Trinitee. I’m still in shock but will be ok. Best wishes everyone.

Prince Phillip wasn't going to let a cracked rib keep him from his grandson Prince Harry's wedding after a fall in the bath a few days earlier.

The 96-year-old managed to soldier on through the immense pain for the one-hour ceremony at Windsor Castle and reception on Saturday.

The grandfather of the groom seemed cheery with a beaming smile as he arrived at the St George's Chapel with the Queen, walking unaided without a cane.

Read more: Prince Philip soldiered on through the royal wedding despite a cracked rib | Daily Mail Online

It’s amazing how much pain he must have been in and he never let it show. What an amazing man and inspiration.

Off topic

Thanks so much for your messages Lilibet, Human and Trinitee. I’m still in shock but will be ok. Best wishes everyone.

Wow! He could have done serious damage to his new hip. I’m so glad he made it to the wedding. I bruised a rib once, and every breath was very painful. He’s amazing!

I lost what I originally wanted to write due to my computer freezing up. Hope I can remember what I said.

So very sorry to hear Graham. You surely have been dealt a rough deck of cards. I was about your age when my back issues started, I can't imagine losing my 20's and 30's like you. Now to have more health issues to top it off. While people may be worst off then you; you have every "right" to feel however you want to feel; whether thankful it's not worst or upset; depressed that the prime of your life was taken from you. I do not know why it happens to some of us and not others. Immune issues are hard. It seems when you get one, others will follow. I'm down to two medications I can take for my back because of medication allergies. You may want to consider doing your DNA at Ancestry, then upload to a health site called Promethease which is cheap at $15 US; it will tell you what other issues you may run into. My med processing issues are there, it also says my body doesn't make enough of something which could mimic another disease.

Thankfully they know more about Crohn’s Disease then when my son's favorite great aunt (more like his 2nd mother) had it; it had to be 15 years ago because she's been gone 5 years this June. She had lost a lot of weight, was also hospitalized where they diagnosed her. Do as much research as you can. You may want to see if there's a message board for Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis to see if you can get any tips on what seems to work best and if you can manage it with or without eating certain foods.

You'll be in my prayers

Of course WS went down as I was posting to this thread the other day. Thankfully I had written my reply in notepad just in case the forum went down!

rosemadderlake;14119791 said:
[I'll have to find my Scottish Tartan... It's so beautiful. -William Stirling is one of my Mayflower relatives and Stirling is the middle name of one of my siblings. All I remember is my dad making such a big hoopla over our early settler roots. William Brewster is the other.

So my mom, many decades later, tracked down the Stirling Tartan and bought a swath of the material. It is a predominately blue tartan, a gorgeous mix of slate and celedon blues with delicate reds running through it...

When the Braveheart film was made, it added a visual dimension to the history, even though I'm sure there are inaccuracies, for Hollywood.

The whole royal wedding has stirred up my curiosity again... My family, my heritage is a total mix of English Scottish Irish and German, but the English and Scottish lineage is well tracked going back to the mayflower. In fact, the women in my family, my grandmother and mother, denounced the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) who were very active in their recruitment efforts of me and my sisters in the early 60's.

Someday, I'd love to visit Scotland. Macintosh is one of my all time favorite architects, furniture designers, and artists. ETA: I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Macintosh exhibit here in NYC, in the 90's where they recreated his Tea Room.

I had dinner with my dad last night and we were both misty over the royal wedding, I was reminiscing over my choir girl days at Trinity Eposopical Church. Here in America there was no better musical education to be found than in the sacred music of the Church of England. I realize now what a gift that was.

ETA: I'll have to go back to the mayflower thing because I could have my relatives mixed up. I remember there were many Williams; Bradley, Brewster, Stirling... Think it might have been Bradley and Brewster on the Mayflower. Thankfully, I have a cousin who has a whole website devoted to the family tree. I was always like wth, but now, I'm curious...

I found my son's Scottish history/ kilt; not sure I've ever seen that page.

You guys should do DNA and consider joining my thread Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy; upload to the free databases and consider joining a Scottish DNA Genealogy FB group where they match your DNA GEDmatch matches with others in the group. It's pretty cool. I wish I researched my son's Scottish side more. I've only gotten to his few times great grandparents.

That isn't accurate. Charles is allowed to say no. Remember how QE2 ended up as Queen.
If Charles says no, then William would become King.
Correct, it's not about popularity, I was simply saying that in the past polls have suggested a preference for William as our next King over Charles; doesn't mean that Charles would do that.
We are not a republic and that's alright.

Why Queen Elizabeth II Almost Wasn't Queen at All
And how ironic that she was on the same level as Prince Andrew's kids!

So barring any unfortunate tragedy, Princess Elizabeth was never expected to get much closer to being Queen than she was when she was born. For the first 10 years of her life, it seemed that she would remain a relatively minor royal. Her modern equivalents would be Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York, neither of whom are as well-known globally as their cousins, Princes William and Harry.

Literally didn't even know what her name was until I saw this post. A nobody is right.

I hope Meghan doesn't bother with them one bit. They aren't worth her time. I have in laws like this. They say the most hateful things about DH & I and then the next minute they want us to come back to them, apparently... Until the next time they have something awful to say. Ohhhhhhh hell no. Blood relatives shouldn't always remain as "family".

I think we all have at least one family member like that. I've been on my own for 12 years, since my dad (I was very close to him) passed. A "sister" that wrote him a 3 page typed hate letter and sent in an unsigned Christmas card has been harassing me for the last year; threatening to trash my name. I could do the same to her with that letter she wrote him but I don't do stuff like that unless she's gonna push me that bad. I'll be calling LE next.

I'm hoping the press get fed up talking with her because she has nothing new to say. Can you believe there are talks happening about the family appearing on Jerry Springer obviously without Meghan?

Not surprised; she needs to get her 15 minutes of fame

Last edited:
I lost what I originally wanted to write due to my computer freezing up. Hope I can remember what I said.

So very sorry to hear Graham. You surely have been dealt a rough deck of cards. I was about your age when my back issues started, I can't imagine losing my 20's and 30's like you. Now to have more health issues to top it off. While people may be worst off then you; you have every "right" to feel however you want to feel; whether thankful it's not worst or upset; depressed that the prime of your life was taken from you. I do not know why it happens to some of us and not others. Immune issues are hard. It seems when you get one, others will follow. I'm down to two medications I can take for my back because of medication allergies. You may want to consider doing your DNA at Ancestry, then upload to a health site called Promethease which is cheap at $15 US; it will tell you what other issues you may run into. My med processing issues are there, it also says my body doesn't make enough of something which could mimic another disease.

Thankfully they know more about Crohn’s Disease then when my son's favorite great aunt (more like his 2nd mother) had it; it had to be 15 years ago because she's been gone 5 years this June. She had lost a lot of weight, was also hospitalized where they diagnosed her. Do as much research as you can. You may want to see if there's a message board for Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis to see if you can get any tips on what seems to work best and if you can manage it with or without eating certain foods.

You'll be in my prayers

Of course WS went down as I was posting to this thread the other day. Thankfully I had written my reply in notepad just in case the forum went down!

I found my son's Scottish history/ kilt; not sure I've ever seen that page.

You guys should do DNA and consider joining my thread Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy; upload to the free databases and consider joining a Scottish DNA Genealogy FB group where they match your DNA GEDmatch matches with others in the group. It's pretty cool. I wish I researched my son's Scottish side more. I've only gotten to his few times great grandparents.

Why Queen Elizabeth II Almost Wasn't Queen at All

I think we all have at least one family member like that. I've been on my own for 12 years, since my dad (I was very close to him) passed. A "sister" that wrote him a 3 page typed hate letter and sent in an unsigned Christmas card has been harassing me for the last year; threatening to trash my name. I could do the same to her with that letter she wrote him but I don't do stuff like that unless she's gonna push me that bad. I'll be calling LE next.

Not surprised; she needs to get her 15 minutes of fame

Thank you Roselvr for your kind and useful post. I’m still in shock about it. I will most have a look for a forum specialising in these conditions as I will need to know more about treatments etc.

Back on topic

Samantha keeps changing her story yesterday she wanted Meghan’s phone number to call her and congratulate her on the wedding. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that call being answered if ever made. Now she is back to slamming Meghan and even now Doria too. Fed up with her antics.

I see so many negative comments online about Meghan. How she doesn't really love Harry and is just using him, blah, blah, blah.

IMO, these comments are more insulting to Harry. I think a lot of people still see him as a young boy who lost his mother all those years ago. But he's a 33 year old man. A well-educated, highly traveled military veteran who's been in plenty of other relationships. I feel pretty confident he knows whether the woman he married loves him or not. IDK why people just can't be happy for them and wish them well.
Agree. Anyone can plainly see the love between them. The way they look at each and the way one gazes upon the other while that person is talking.

Everyone should have a partner that looks at them in that way. I think the world would be a much happier place. jmo

Samantha keeps changing her story yesterday she wanted Meghan’s phone number to call her and congratulate her on the wedding. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that call being answered if ever made. Now she is back to slamming Meghan and even now Doria too. Fed up with her antics.

Rtbm:

I'll see if I can find the link but The New Yorker ran an absolutely beautiful article on Doria.

That half sibling of Meghan's is pure vileness. But I think she's on the wane, and the blowback in the comments of the DM, where I'm sure she is looking for validation is so not happening. Mostly quite the opposite.

I think every royal gets raked over the coals... But it wanes. It's a very peculiar aspect of humanity. When Princess Diana was killed, how the relentless chase, the criticism of her fell to a mourning that shook to the core.

That William and Harry have found happiness is really something to be celebrated. And they know all too well the pitfalls of the relentless chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla