Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did a huge mistake ... I marked all the watched threads as "read" ... and now it says I am not watching any. All my cases I was following are gone. :confused: Sob, sob ... waah

Try clicking on your Name in the upper right corner, and then click on RECENT ACTIVITY button and it may show you your actions on the threads so that you can know which ones to bring back to watching

Well I did a huge mistake ... I marked all the watched threads as "read" ... and now it says I am not watching any. All my cases I was following are gone. :confused: Sob, sob ... waah

ETA
However ... I can still find them in My Content (under my name in the orange bar, preferences, etc). Whew :rolleyes:

They are still there. It's hard to find, but from the watched thread tab look for the words "Show all watched threads"-- it is in orange font on an orange bar toward the bottom. This will show all your watched threads.

ETA
However ... I can still find them in My Content (under my name in the orange bar, preferences, etc). Whew :rolleyes:

You should also be able to find them still under "Watched Threads" however, if there are no new posts and therefore no threads showing in the list as you say, you can click "Show all watched threads". Beware: It is written orange over orange :confused: so quite difficult to catch.

Google and such, reading the pages.

ETA: It's how they obtain information.

I.E, one is "Google Adsense". Obtaining information about which adverts to show you. But there are more interesting robots like government robots too. (My DH is in IT, I feel like I have a second job with him going on LOL) (AI: Artificial intelligence. - Honestly, it creeps me out! Computers have far too much power!)

Eek!!! How dare those robots without identifying themselves. It is definitely creepy! LOL your hubby. Again I wish we knew who was reading what threads including "robots" of whom we did not know were coming perhaps on our other web site. see which ones they are most interested in lol. Thank you for revealing post!

ETA
Remember the forums/history option shows you the last 50 threads you’ve visited.

ETA

At first thought oh no oh no. Whewie.....big sigh of relief, gotta love that Edit option.

Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?
I’m struggling with my status quote as well.

Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

I wonder if there is a 48 character limit. If i counted right you have 48 characters showing. Maybe try shortening the last part to "Gonna be a bumpy night."

I wonder if there is a 48 character limit. If i counted right you have 48 characters showing. Maybe try shortening the last part to "Gonna be a bumpy night."

I think the problem here is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere to edit or remove it at all. "Status message", as Bette mentioned, is different to the custom user title which she is trying to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021