OH - Shawn Michael GRATE: 3 bodies found, Ashland/Madison, Sept 2016

I am just today listening to the cross-examination of the living witness/survivor. I HATE defense attorneys sometimes, I really do.

[h=1]Accused Ashland serial killer Shawn Grate pleads guilty to several charges[/h]
ASHLAND, Ohio -- Testimony in the trial of accused Ashland serial killer Shawn Grate is finished. Jurors are due back in court Monday for closing arguments and will then begin deliberations.

Grate, who is accused of killing two women, pleaded guilty to several charges that will put him behind bars for decades.
He is accused of killing 29-year-old Elizabeth Griffith and 43-year-old Stacey Stanley.
According to court documents, Shawn Grate pleaded guilty Wednesday to 15-of-23 charges against him including rape and abuse of a corpse.
He did not plead guilty to the murder charges, so he could still face the death penalty if convicted.
http://fox8.com/2018/05/02/accused-...awn-grate-pleading-guilty-to-several-charges/

[h=1]'You told me I could leave:' Grate jurors see video of homicide victim Stacey Stanley[/h]
Because Grate pleaded guilty to the rape charges, prosecutors did not show videos Grate made of himself raping Stacey Stanley and Jane Doe.

Doe, whom the News Journal is not identifying because she was the victim of a sex crime, was able to dial 911 on Sept. 13, 2016, leading to Grate's arrest.
Ashland County Common Pleas Judge Ron Forsthoefel asked Grate why he chose to change his plea.
"To keep from rubbing her face in it anymore," he replied, referring to Doe.
In addition to the rape counts, Grate pleaded guilty to kidnapping with a sexually violent predator specification and a specification committed with sexual motivation, two counts of gross abuse of a corpse, four counts of burglary, tampering with evidence, unauthorized use of a vehicle, robbery and breaking and entering.

Grate told Forsthoefel he came to the decision to plead on his own. The judge said he would schedule a sentencing date after the remaining charges have been adjudicated.

Grate faces a possible prison sentence of 72 years to life in prison, including a mandatory 50 years, for those counts. If convicted of aggravated murder, Grate could still get the death penalty.
More at link: https://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.co...n-grate-pleads-guilty-15-23-counts/572517002/

I've been a websleuth follower for a while now. Then, shock, one of the worst serial killers (Grate) was in my county!! It is beyond disgusting...beyond heartbreaking!

This case has totally changed my opinion on the Libby and Abigail muderer as well. It had been said that the libby/Abigail murderer couldn't be homeless because he was well groomed. Serial killer Shawn Grate was homeless and well groomed! Ashland isn't even that big and he flew under the radar! And if his kidnap victim hadn't escaped, he would still be killing!

This is how bad it was. The jury saw one of two videos of SG raping an assaulted Stacey. There’s some weird noise in the background. The jury ONLY saw the video. The live feed had audio only. :(

not sure this is a trial I can follow but a HUGE thank you to those who are keeping this thread moving with trial highlights, updates, etc. So important to have a safe space in a case like this here IMO.

I feel your pain on this one. I watched the State's opening argument on YouTube (stumbled across it), and knew with 100% certainty I couldn't and wouldn't subject myself to hearing more about the unspeakable horrors of what he did.

I feel so sorry for the jurors. They are each and every one of them going to walk away traumatized. :(

This is about 2.5 hours away from me. After the James Worley Trial in Fulton county last month I don’t have another Ohio monster’s trial in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
#ShawnGrate - Verdict watch officially started at 1:37.

YES! I wonder if having pled to some charges will help this monster escape the DP.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1h
#ShawnGrate - Dr. Fabian says the relationship between Grate and his mother carried over to the victims. "He wanted to put them out of their misery like he always wanted to do to his mother." Watch live: (link: https://lawandcrime.com/) lawandcrime.com

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1h
#ShawnGrate - Grate told psychologist, "I'm pretty dangerous and I have to admit it." He said he hopes to continue to kill people in jail.

This is from a defense mitigation witness in the penalty phase.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
11m
#ShawnGrate - Jury recommends DEATH for Ohio serial killer.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
3m
#ShawnGrate - Sentencing set for June 1.

No surprise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back