OH OH - Ashley Summers, 15, Cleveland, 9 July 2007

Lately, my mind keeps going back to Ariel Castro. It just seems way too coincidental for the time period and way too obvious. Does anyone recall them doing any digging in his yard when they were searching for evidence? All I recall is them stating no human remains were found at the scene. If Amanda fought him, he may have killed her. I know the other girls said there were no other captives they were aware of, but he could have had them locked upstairs with Amanda in the basement and they would be unaware. If he killed her, he could have disposed of her body anywhere!

I go back and forth with this. I'm also curious about this boyfriend who we really don't know anything about.

(You mean Ashley, not Amanda, right?)

FBI investigating two new locations in case of teen missing since 2007

Law enforcement officials now believe there may be two more areas of interest besides the location may have last been seen, West 96th Street and Madison Avenue, according to an FBI news release. The two additional areas are the 1100 block of Holmden Avenue and the 3400 block of West 44th Street.

Ashley was 14 when she went missing on July 9, 2007. She is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighed about 130 pounds when she was last seen. She has brown hair and blue eyes, and a tattoo of the name "Gene" and a heart on her right arm.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Here's google maps with all three locations.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Investigators from the FBI – including its Violent Crimes Task Force and Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team – the Cleveland police department, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation are conducting additional interviews this week. They are contacted individuals who knew Ashley or may have had contract with her before she disappeared.

In 2015, the FBI released photos of an unidentified man photographed at an ATM in Rhode Island. The man was seen with a woman bearing a “strong resemblance” to Ashley, investigators said at the time.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children also released a video asking for tattoo artists to recall any young women with a specific heart-shaped tattoo Ashley had inked into her right arm.

Investigators seeking tips on two additional locations missing Cleveland girl may have been last seen in 2007

Photos here: FBI releases new photos in its search for Ashley Summers

A video released by the center Monday describes a tattoo Summers has on her right arm. It is a red outline of a heart. Inside the heart is the black outline of a banner with the name "GENE," also in black, inked inside, according to the video.

Missing children's group seeks tattoo artists' help finding Ashley Summers (video)

Uncle of missing teen Ashley Summers charged with rape

There may be a new piece to the puzzle when it comes to the mysterious disappearance of a Cleveland girl more than 10 years ago.

On Tuesday, the uncle who was watching 14-year-old Ashley Summers at the time she went missing was charged with rape.

Though there is no known connection between the charges and her disappearance, it comes just weeks after FBI agents went digging in the yard of the home they once shared on Holden Avenue.

Kevin Donathan, Ashley’s uncle, pleaded not guilty to charges of rape, attempted rape, and gross sexual imposition Tuesday.

A relative tells Channel 3 News his name came up when agents recently re-interviewed them, however, he has not been named a suspect.

Looks like he's out on bail? I see his next court date as 12/11

Kevin Donathan

(Several pics of the two of them if you search her name)

See comment by JLR under 11/28/15 post!!

Last edited:

There may be a new piece to the puzzle when it comes to the mysterious disappearance of a Cleveland girl more than 10 years ago.

On Tuesday, the uncle who was watching 14-year-old Ashley Summers at the time she went missing was charged with rape.

Though there is no known connection between the charges and her disappearance, it comes just weeks after FBI agents went digging in the yard of the home they once shared on Holden Avenue.

Kevin Donathan, Ashley’s uncle, pleaded not guilty to charges of rape, attempted rape, and gross sexual imposition Tuesday.

A relative tells Channel 3 News his name came up when agents recently re-interviewed them, however, he has not been named a suspect.

Very interesting...Let's assume this uncle also sexually assaulted her, she threatened to tell the cops- he may have tried to stop her from doing it. Just theoretically speaking of course.

Very interesting...Let's assume this uncle also sexually assaulted her, she threatened to tell the cops- he may have tried to stop her from doing it. Just theoretically speaking of course.

Ashley Nicole Summers – The Charley Project

This was the same uncle that was the last person to see Ashley alive. She left after an argument taking all her clothes with her. That's of course, according to the Uncle in question. On the Disappeared episode, they stated that Ashley was involved in some family gossip on her mobile phone and told her to stop it, her uncle ended up breaking her phone.

Still missing: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Ashley's photo is shown age-progressed to 24 years

Uncle of missing Lakewood teen sentenced to 35 years on sex charges

CLEVELAND — The uncle of a missing Lakewood teenager was sentenced Tuesday to 35 years in prison for rape and prostitution charges.

Kevin Donathan, 55, of Cleveland, who has a criminal history dating back several years, pleaded guilty in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court to charges of rape, gross sexual imposition and compelling prostitution.

His niece, Ashley Summers was 14 years old when she went missing. Her disappearance remains under investigation. She was last seen July 7 or July 8, 2007 on Cleveland’s west side. She was walking to a relative’s home, but never arrived.

Friends have said Donathan was one of the last people known to have spoken to Ashley before she disappeared.

The FBI continues to lead the investigation

Uncle of missing Lakewood teen sentenced to 35 years on sex charges

CLEVELAND — The uncle of a missing Lakewood teenager was sentenced Tuesday to 35 years in prison for rape and prostitution charges.

Kevin Donathan, 55, of Cleveland, who has a criminal history dating back several years, pleaded guilty in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court to charges of rape, gross sexual imposition and compelling prostitution.

His niece, Ashley Summers was 14 years old when she went missing. Her disappearance remains under investigation. She was last seen July 7 or July 8, 2007 on Cleveland’s west side. She was walking to a relative’s home, but never arrived.

Friends have said Donathan was one of the last people known to have spoken to Ashley before she disappeared.

The FBI continues to lead the investigation

Is Kevin Donathan a suspect or person of interest in Ashley's disappearance?

National Missing Children’s Day 2020 | Federal Bureau of Investigation

As the FBI prepares to observe National Missing Children’s Day on May 25, they reaffirm their commitment to investigating these cases and finding children who have been reported kidnapped or missing.

Selected missing children cases are pinned throughout a map on the site. Ashley’s case is one of the ones they’re highlighting.

I just watched an episode of "Disappeared." I was suspicious of the uncle right away. As soon as I knew she was spending a lot of time there. When I heard that he broke her phone, my mind was made up. Have they been able to go into his home and search? Do they have access to the car he owned at that time? Investigators need to find something.

The uncle claims that he broke Ashley's phone because she was gossipping about family. But how would he know that? Did anyone else speak about this gossipping? Where were the other people who lived in that house on the day she disappeared? What did he do that day? Wee need a better timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back