Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure others have mentioned it, but I miss thanking a post (versus liking it). Based on the nature of the fora, it’s weird to be “liking” posts regarding decomp, etc. Just my two cents, and a minor detail, really. Love all the work you, Tricia, and the tech folks do. The new site looks great!

I’m sure others have mentioned it, but I miss thanking a post (versus liking it). Based on the nature of the fora, it’s weird to be “liking” posts regarding decomp, etc. Just my two cents, and a minor detail, really. Love all the work you, Tricia, and the tech folks do. The new site looks great!

I think you are the first I have seen bring this up but I initially had similar thoughts. I used to "thank" a post to show I had read it and also to keep track for myself where I left off in reading a thread. Now all those "thanks" have turned to me "liking" a bunch of crime posts :eek:o_O. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to keep "liking" posts about horrific crimes taking place, dead bodies being found, etc. But I have already turned it around in my mind to change my way of thinking about this. I figure that I am not really liking/approving of the content of a post so must as liking the person posting for bringing the news updates to us. So I'm going to think about it that way from now on-- as giving a like to the person behind the post, not necessarily the content.

How do folks do avatars? I don't know the first thing on how to do it. Are there any on here now to pick from? Thanks in advance.

Has anyone noticed that some contraction apostrophes show as numbers? My previous posts on Stephanie Warner’s thread and others show up that way, but no other members’ do. I don’t think it’s happening with current posts, just ones brought over to the new program. Here’s an example link and screenshot of the linked post.

OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

Attachments

• FD6A10C1-2897-40F7-8451-748F1CDF780E.png
    FD6A10C1-2897-40F7-8451-748F1CDF780E.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 10
Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Let me see what I can do. I am getting with Dave sometime on Friday and I will add this to the list.

I appreciate everyone's patience.

Tricia

Good job Tricia. I like the look of the new board!

Question for anyone who might be able to help: My status message - "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night" - was cut off during the move. I was able to crop the BD stamp image with no problem, but the status message won't change no matter what I've done. I either want the entire quote there or nothing at all. I've gone to Personal Details - Status Message - retyped message in full, and Saved Changes, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

I'm having this issue as well. Mine is also cut off mid sentence. I'll continue checking back here for any update on this. Thanks Tricia for all of the work you're doing. I was dreading the new site (I'm not into change lol) but I love it. It's working great.

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia

Don't cry Tricia!!!! It's all good, we'll get there! Thanks for looking into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire