NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

10/27
Motion for change of judge granted. Case goes to MO Supreme Court for assignment of judge.

589e64e68471bf75ddbfd5c773968707.jpg

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

So is there not a new court date set for Rebecca Ruud to appear in court? Thanks

Wednesday, November 8th:
*Set Trial Date Hearing - MO - Savannah Leckie (16) (July 19, 2017) - Robert Peat, Jr. (31) (BF of "mom") indicted on 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse-pled not guilty. Also requested change of venue.

Rebecca Ruud (39), "mother" arrested/charged with 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; pled not guilty. Dispositional hearing set for Jan. 3, 2018 RR has been granted a change of judge. The case has been transferred to Judge David P. Evans of the 37th Judicial Circuit Court, according to court documents. 10/19 update: Judge granted Defense change of venue motion, case will be moved to Taney County (from Ozark County)/DA, no decision yet regarding DP/RR wants to be free on Bond, hearing within a few days on this matter. 10/27 update: Motion to change Judge granted; case now goes to MO Supreme Court for assignment of new judge.

bold Ruud's next hearing is Jan. 3rd, haven't found any other dates yet.

an update - sort of:

Wednesday, November 8th:
*Set Trial Date Hearing - MO - Savannah Leckie (16) (July 19, 2017) - Robert Peat, Jr. (30) (BF of "mom") indicted on 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; pled not guilty. Also requested change of venue.
Rebecca Ruud (39), "mother" arrested/charged with 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; pled not guilty. Dispositional hearing set for Jan. 3, 2018. RR has been granted a change of judge. The case has been transferred to Judge David P. Evans of the 37th Judicial
Circuit Court, according to court documents.
10/19 update: Judge granted Defense change of venue motion, case will be moved to Taney County (from Ozark County)/DA, no decision yet regarding DP/RR wants to be free on Bond, hearing within a few days on this matter. 10/27 update: Motion to change Judge granted; case now goes to MO Supreme Court for assignment of new judge.
11/8 hearing update for Peat: Defense requested change of judge & change of venue. No resolution or further date found.

A judge has now been assigned to a case of a woman accused of killing her daughter and then trying to hide the crime by burning the body.
Rebecca Ruud and Robert Peat Jr., of Theodosia, are each charged with first-degree murder, child abuse, second-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and abandonment of a corpse – all felonies. Ruud’s case was moved from Ozark County to Taney County on a change of venue.
A change-of-judge motion was also granted for Ruud, and now the case will be heard by Taney County Associate Circuit Judge Eric Eighmy, according to online court records. Peat, whose case is still in Ozark County court, has also requested a change of judge and venue.
11/21/2017
http://m.bransontrilakesnews.com/mobile/news_free/article_0541f968-cf08-11e7-b97a-37e89606e861.html

A judge has now been assigned to a case of a woman accused of killing her daughter and then trying to hide the crime by burning the body.
Rebecca Ruud and Robert Peat Jr., of Theodosia, are each charged with first-degree murder, child abuse, second-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and abandonment of a corpse – all felonies. Ruud’s case was moved from Ozark County to Taney County on a change of venue.
A change-of-judge motion was also granted for Ruud, and now the case will be heard by Taney County Associate Circuit Judge Eric Eighmy, according to online court records. Peat, whose case is still in Ozark County court, has also requested a change of judge and venue.
11/21/2017
http://m.bransontrilakesnews.com/mobile/news_free/article_0541f968-cf08-11e7-b97a-37e89606e861.html

11/14/2017 Judge Assigned
In the Supreme Court of Missouri En Banc, the Honorable Judge Calvin Holden is assigned. Filed by Becky Connell. Copy sent to PA. jjb

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Did it change more than once?

I wonder if that was an error . An ink fund one article referring to Judge EIGHMY. EEvery other reticle zi find erasers the smudge is now Judge Holden.

11/20/2017. https://www.westplainsdailyquill.net/news/local/article_c9f3c952-ce41-11e7-b804-ff113706d28a.html
[FONT=&quot]Ruud was granted a change of venue to Taney County, where she has been jailed since late October. Greene County Circuit Court Judge Calvin Holden has been assigned to her case.[/FONT]

11/21/2017. http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_0541f968-cf08-11e7-b97a-37e89606e861.html

11/22/2017. http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news-court-news/new-judge-assigned-rebecca-ruud’s-murder-case
Judge Calvin Holden has been assigned by the Missouri Supreme Court to hear Theodosia resident Rebecca Ruud’s case in connection with the murder of her 16-year-old biological daughter Savannah Leckie. Holden is currently a circuit judge based in Greene County.

for Ruud:
Pre-trial Conference Scheduled
Scheduled For: 01/12/2018; 11:00 AM ; CALVIN RAY HOLDEN; Taney

From docket on 12/21/17

and it looks Peat is also on the same date:

Pre-Trial Conference set for 1/12/18 @ 11:00 AM in GREENE COUNTY. State to Writ. Parties notified by eNotice. Judge Holden/
Filed By: CALVIN RAY HOLDEN

Just :bump: for today's hearing:

Friday, January 12th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ 11am CT) - MO - Savannah Leckie (16) (July 19, 2017) - Robert Peat, Jr. (30) (BF of "mom") indicted on 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; pled not guilty. Also requested change of venue & change of judge.
11/10 Motion granted for new judge; case now goes to MO Supreme Court for assignment of new judge; 12/20 Trial will start Mar. 3rd
and for Rebecca Ruud (39), "mother" arrested/charged with 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; pled not guilty. RR has been granted a change of judge & change of venue to Taney County. DA, no decision yet regarding DP; RR wants to be free on Bond, hearing within a few days on this matter; no updates for free on bond.

:judge:

Ruud and Peat were in court together in Greene County Friday, although they will have separate trials.

Judge Calvin Holden set Ruud's trial for August 27 with a jury from Taney County.

The Springfield News-Leader says Peat's trial will start on July 30 in either Springfield or Forsyth, but the jury will be brought in from Cole County.

https://www.ktts.com/news/local-new...or-couple-indicted-for-savannah-leckies-death

Both defendants are currently scheduled for pretrial conferences in Greene County at 11 a.m. May 18, 2018.*

Hayes asked for a trial date in April, but prosecutors said they were*not ready for trial that soon. They*expect*DNA test results from the FBI to be available in 3 to 4 months and said a trial date in August is more realistic.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/trial-dates-set-in-savannah-leckie-slaying/912293851

Sharing a Google Alert:

Ozark Co. murder case leaves emotional scars on law enforcement officials
http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Oza...s-on-law-enforcement-officials-474637083.html

GAINESVILLE, Mo. With all the difficult cases they run up against, you sometimes think that law enforcement officials can emotionally distance themselves from those situations.

But in Ozark County, authorities admit that the Savannah Leckie murder case has definitely taken its toll on them.
[.....]
That's why Sheriff Reed and his officers took it personally when Savannah was reported missing on July 19 of last year by her mother, Rebecca Ruud, who would eventually be charged with her murder. With all the difficult cases they run up against, you sometimes think that law enforcement officials can emotionally distance themselves from those situations.
[.....]
Reed says his faith carried him through the search.

"I said it a hundred times," he said. "This was a God-led case. And I know that's hard for a lot of people to understand but the night before we found her I was on my knees on my living room floor praying like I'd never prayed before. And after that prayer was over with I knew that we were going to find her that next day."
[.....]
The staff continues to work on the case every day, estimating they're only half-way through a troubling investigation that they say has changed them forever.

"This case will be with me until the day that I die," Reed said.

According to my notes Peat's next hearing is on May 18th, with jury selection to begin July 30thand trial beginning August 1st. Ruud's jury selection starts Aug. 22-23rd, and trial begins August 27th.

:judge:

Friday, May 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing for both (@ 11am CT) - MO - Savannah Leckie (16) (July 19, 2017) - Robert Peat, Jr. (30) (BF of "mom") indicted on 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; plead not guilty. Also requested change of venue & change of judge.
11/10/18: Motion granted for new judge; case now goes to MO Supreme Court for assignment of new judge.
12/20/18: Trial was to start 3/3/18.
1/12/18 Update: Jury selection July 25-26th; trial will now start July 30th. Jury will be from Cole County but held in either Springfield or Forsyth Counties.
and for Rebecca Ruud (39), "mother" indicted on 1st & 2nd degree murder, abuse of a child resulting in death, tampering with evidence & abandonment of corpse; plead not guilty. RR has been granted a change of judge & change of venue to Taney County. DA, no decision yet regarding DP; RR wants to be free on bond, hearing within a few days on this matter; no updates for free on bond.
1/12/18 Update: Trial will start on 8/27/18.

I can't believe I can not get into the court dockets site anymore. It says Unsecured server....

If anyone can - is there another court hearing for them before trial starts? Hate to bother you all, but you know me and my lists! :)

TIA! :wave:

Peat and Ruud appear in court for Savannah Leckie murder case
Peat and Ruud appear in court for Savannah Leckie murder case | Ozark County Times

Hayes filed a motion to suppress statements on behalf of Peat, and Garrabrant opposed that motion, saying the request to suppress statements was too vague. The motion to suppress and other evidentiary motions will be taken up by Circuit Judge Calvin Ray Holden during a motions hearing scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday, July 5, in Greene County. Peat's jury trial is still scheduled to take place in a little over two months, from July 30 through Aug. 3 in Greene County. Jury selection will take place in Cole County on July 19-20.

Ruud was previously scheduled for a jury trial to begin Aug. 27; however, that trial was stricken from the court's calendar and will be rescheduled for a later date. A second pretrial conference was scheduled in Greene County for Aug. 24 before Judge Holden. At that time, Ruud and her defense counsel will express whether they prefer a bench trial before a judge or a jury trial. If Ruud elects to have a bench trial, it will be scheduled for Nov. 26-28 in Greene County. If a jury trial is chosen instead, the trial will be held Jan. 28-Feb. 1, 2019.

You'll need to type in the names, but this is the link to the court cases in Missouri:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do

can be several days behind but accurate information.

I tried that link - but came up with this:

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Oh well - must rely on my friends here! :)

I tried that link - but came up with this:

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Oh well - must rely on my friends here! :)

Let me try this...

upload_2018-6-17_10-23-30.png https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/charges.do

I really don't know how to do this so I couldn't attach Peat. ugh.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304