Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
This breaks my heart. JO's been holding up so respectfully given all that's happened, and her life is forever changed. I'm not sure I'd be able to be out there, in front of everyone.
I've been trying to make myself read through before posting, but my heart is breaking for her. I was at the James Taylor concert tonight and found out when checking my phone during intermission. It was a wonderful concert, but Lucas was everywhere and I could only imagine what JO must be feeling. When "Fire and Rain" came on, it was all I could do to hold back the tears, and I wanted to find JO and just wrap my arms around her.

I'm happy you are at peace, Lucas, and we can lovingly lay you to rest. But I'm still heartbroken.

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus, You've got to help me make a stand.
You've just got to see me through another day.
My body's aching and my time is at hand and I won't make it any other way.
Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.

Lyrics

Wasn't Woodlawn brought up in the early searches, or is my mind deceiving me? I swear, I read that folks were searching Woodlawn- perhaps not that far away on Woodlawn.
Still figuring this site out and how replies go on same page...(so forgive me if someone's answered) --
YES! You remember correctly -- Chisholm Creek Park is on Woodlawn in Wichita. You would get to location driving several miles north of the park on Woodlawn.

It’s 1:45 am and I can’t sleep thinking about Lucas. I’m so happy to see Emily is back behind bars where she belongs. I’m not at all distressed over the charges because I know LE are working overtime behind the scenes. She will eventually pay dearly for her crimes. Most importantly Lucas can be returned to the family that loved him and tried so hard to protect him and be peacefully laid to rest. I hope we’ll see changes/improvements to CPS in Lucas’ name.

Jury members need to always remember innocent people call 911 and dont hide bodies 10-15 miles away under a bridge.

ETA Oh yea she did call 911 but to LIE with fake stories about strangers and back doors being open and other BS. Put me on the jury.
Speaking of the 911 call -- am I missing something? Has it been posted somewhere to be heard? I didn't think it had been and thought if it had it would have surely been linked here by someone, but I read that it had elsewhere (and on NG Crime Online -- I can't find it). Unless I'm mistaken, I think this person heard the recording of the dispatcher relaying the contents of the call and mistook it for EG....?

*pure speculation-
The police had a reason to search Chisholm Park. Lots of talk of phone pings. This location is straight north. She got to the park, it was locked and closed for the night. She turned off her phone and drove til she found what she felt was a good place.
Now that he's been found, I keep thinking about an earlier post (I think ESO?) -- EG would have had to drive through Bel Aire, and I believe ESO mentioned Koch force field (my choice of words) blocking cell reception in the area. Not that I'm thinking EG would know about that, but interesting. It basically just makes me wonder if EG was smart enough to turn off her phone or whether location tracking was spotty/unreliable so they were looking in the park area and anywhere 96 and 254 might take her...? Just thinking..

So many emotions. Sad. Angry. Relieved. Shocked. Hopeful now that justice will be served.

I was in the group that believed he was placed in a dumpster and likely never be found. Soooo glad that this wasn't the case. Though it's now inevitable she will claim it was an accident and she panicked :mad:

Locals...would she have had to pass through any toll booths on her journey to the location? If anyone remembers that possible sighting at the beginning?

So many emotions. Sad. Angry. Relieved. Shocked. Hopeful now that justice will be served.

I was in the group that believed he was placed in a dumpster and likely never be found. Soooo glad that this wasn't the case. Though it's now inevitable she will claim it was an accident and she panicked :mad:

Locals...would she have had to pass through any toll booths on her journey to the location? If anyone remembers that possible sighting at the beginning?

No, she would not have to pass through any toll booths.

Nope, no tolls

Omg someone at the vigil is playing Concrete Angel song. I can't. :(

(this is the song)

I have never heard the song. Wow chills and goose bumps. I'm sure everyone did as I did and substituted to the male pronouns. Very moving. That poor sweet Lucas. My heart breaks for him. Thankfully he is resting peacefully with no more pain and suffering. Thank you for sharing, WillenFan21.

Oh gosh. I feel kinda sick just now
Chisholm Creek Park is located at Woodlawn and K-96
They found him at Woodlawn and 96th but in Harvey County not Sedgwick ....
A good tip that info got messed up on?
That's what kept confusing me! I remember reading about that in the beginning and how they searched Chisholm Creek Park a few times, now it makes sense with Woodlawn. I also remember our searchers here checking Woodlawn when Henri was branching out more mileage wise with the route. PerfectingPink posted earlier that they searched just feet away from his body- how crazy is that?

I agree, good tip but they went in the wrong direction. However, I wonder, didn't the person who gave the tip call them to correct where they searched? If I sent in a tip, and then saw that LE and searchers were looking in the wrong spot with the same name, I'd call them back and tell them the correct town.

I am about to sign off for the night (actually 1:40 am here). 4:30 news will arrive quickly, but I doubt I'll sleep much.

We've all been praying for this day to come (if not some miracle that would find him safely tucked away), and I've been fighting the tears all night, but I can't anymore. I have to grieve -- I hope you all allow yourselves to do so as well. EG isn't going anywhere tonight, and I want to give what I have left in me right now to Lucas and JO and just...give in.

I'm so thankful for all of you -- catch ya on the flip side

I am about to sign off for the night (actually 1:40 am here). 4:30 news will arrive quickly, but I doubt I'll sleep much.

We've all been praying for this day to come (if not some miracle that would find him safely tucked away), and I've been fighting the tears all night, but I can't anymore. I have to grieve -- I hope you all allow yourselves to do so as well. EG isn't going anywhere tonight, and I want to give what I have left in me right now to Lucas and JO and just...give in.

I'm so thankful for all of you -- catch ya on the flip side
I'm heading off, too. Sweet dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads