Scotland - Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster

One of my favorite monster sightings. Love to follow these stories....:):)

Gozgals

My favorite also. I would love to believe that Nessie is 'out there' alive and well. :woohoo:

The Loch Ness Monster is responsible for peaking my interest way back in childhood on "solving mysteries"!

Look at me now....at this ripe old age...still a sleuther! :crazy:

loch_ness_monster_580x.jpg

loch_ness_1_lg.jpg

http://www.google.ca/search?q=loch+ness+monster&hl=en&rlz=1T4IBMA_enCA205CA206&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=9yeYSo-0Kor-M8j2ucgF&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=19

Timeline for sightings

565 AD 565 AD - There have been countless recorded sightings of the Loch ness monster, but the first actual sighting supposedly dates back to St. Columba's encounter with an unidentified creature in Loch Ness in 565 AD. Nessie also has it's own website, http://www.nessie.co.uk ...There have been countless recorded sightings of the Loch ness monster, but the first actual sighting supposedly dates back to St. Columba's encounter with an unidentified creature in Loch Ness in 565 AD. Nessie also has it's own website, http://www.nessie.co.uk, where visitors can see Nessie Multimedia, and read the list of Nessie sightings and stories. Steve Feltham has been chasing the Loch Ness monster for almost 11 years. He gave up a well-paid job installing burglar alarms ...
Show more
Show less
From LOCH NESS MONSTER CAM - Related web pages
www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/monsters/facts.html

1933 Dec 14, 1933 - The mysterious monster in Loch Ness, which now has been nicknamed "Bobby," has brought £5000 to the pockets of local tradesmen and hotel keepers. The pier superintendent at Drumnadrochit says; "I saw 'Bobby' for the eighth time yesterday. Two humps were racing through the water ...
From LOCH NESS MONSTER MOTOR-LIKE SPEED LONDON, December 12. - Related web pages
ndpbeta.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/1150709

1934 Apr 21, 1934 - The Loch Ness monster has returned like a bad dream to disturb scientists and editors who had hoped to forget about it, and in a form demanding some attention. The Loch Ness monster has returned like a bad dream to disturb scientists and editors who had hoped to forget about it, ...
From Surgeon Photographs Loch Ness Monster; Biologists Are Not Yet Able to … - Related web pages
select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res ...

1969 Jul 9, 1969 - A midget American submarine joined the hunt for the Loch Ness monster today and almost immediately sprang a leak. The leak, on a hatch seal, delayed plans of the Loch Ness Phenomena Investigation Bureau, a British-American group determined to find the monster--if it exists. ...
From Submarine Leak Delays Loch Ness Monster Hunt - Related web pages
select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res ...

1975 Dec 11, 1975 - Nessie, the Loch Ness monster, was given a new name Wednesday as American and British believers presented photographic "evidence" that she exists. JUST CALL HER. JUST CALL HER. BY HARRY. Timn Staff Wrier. , LONDON-Nessie. the Loch Ness monster, was given a new name Wednesday as ...
From Loch Ness Monster Gets a New Name - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/609509342 ...

1987 Oct 12, 1987 - Author: Edith M. Lederer, AP. The biggest scientific search for the Loch Ness monster ended yesterday with one purported monster photograph debunked, three sonar contacts showing something big in the murky waters and the elusive Nessie still a legend. The three-day expedition proved to ...
From SEARCH FOR LOCH NESS MONSTER ENDS WITHOUT A CLUE TO … - Related web pages
docs.newsbank.com/g/GooglePM/PI/lib00187 ...

continued...

As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Nessie, our underwater ally."

That always breaks me up.

OT but did any of you read an old book called "Chariots of the Gods?: Unsolved Mysteries of the Past" I had to go look it up it's from the late 60's.

Man I loved that book when I was in jr. high.

This thread reminded me of it. I think I'll go buy it for my middle son, he loves to entertain the "impossible". (He's the one we are taking to Roswell in near future) :)

My hubby has is 3/4 welch and nessie is on our "Must see" list...that's if we make it thru (my fav) the Bermuda Triangle! :blowkiss:

My hubby has is 3/4 welch and nessie is on our "Must see" list...that's if we make it thru (my fav) the Bermuda Triangle! :blowkiss:

Take lots of pictures. Then post 'em here, please.:)

I took this picture 2 years ago while on holiday in Scotland. This is Loch Ness looking through the water gate at Castle Urquhart situated on the shore of Loch Ness. Ooooh! Is that Nessie?

View attachment 5067

Maz :crazy:

FYI: There are many tour boats on the loch, almost takes away the mystery of Loch Ness.

Anyone on the hunt for Scotland's elusive Loch Ness monster can now explore its watery home with the help of Google Street View.

To celebrate the 81st anniversary of the taking of THAT famous (but fake) photo, the company sent divers below the surface of the deep loch to get photos. They didn't catch the monster at home though.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-32382382

Spooky video at link:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/21/has-googles-camera-boat-just-spotted-the-loch-ness-monster-5159349/

Attachments

• _82438562_e8c007b9-8785-42b7-9a9c-fd3bc273025d.jpg
    _82438562_e8c007b9-8785-42b7-9a9c-fd3bc273025d.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 26
There have been reports of a sea monster in the Chesapeake Bay called Chessie. The thing about the Chesapeake Bay is that it empties into the ocean and God only knows what could be swimming in there and at one time found it's way into the bay.

I'd be in a psych unit or something if I saw that monster y'all are interested in. Like a big dinosaur but in water.

Yes, I did see a pterodactyl. Can't spell it, but my friend and I saw it. Was following the river at dawn going North. Or the Jersey Devil followed my friend to Philly?

Ness of the Loch. No, no, no!

There is no Loch Ness "monster" or a "Big Foot". But it is fun to pretend.

Scotland is asking for help finding its most famous mythical resident.

The country has ignited a new search for the Loch Ness Monster, a fabled creature from Scottish folklore that is alleged to live in the waters of Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. The search for the creature, also known as Nessie, is being spearheaded by the Loch Ness Center, the loch's official tourism center. Assistance will be provided by an independent research group called Loch Ness Exploration (LRE).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back