CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Diane McIver, 63, Fatally Shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016 *husband arrested* #2

So the one thing he mentions he misses in prison is Chik-Fil-A and not people??!!
>>

Respectfully snipped for a bad joke.
If I'm being honest....were I to be charged with a crime and sentenced. ...I would miss Chik-Fil-A the most. They may not like me having rights but damn their chicken is so good.

Well as expected he got his sentence....troubling to read how some jurors in retrospect are not happy with the "compromise" verdict given the life sentence...but after listening to his statement I think he may have gotten just what he deserved. I like the judge's statement and feel justice has been served. Of note not even Dixie got up to at least say one nice thing about her brother....I had had some respect for the defense team but that chuckling conversation during the impact statements was not like anything I have ever seen. Sort of surpirsed that the judge did not stop them. I will say that I did not and still do not trust Dani Jo and feel she will stay in "close" touch with "Billy". It was a very interesting glimpse into a lifestyle of the south and some unique personalities....and the greed that surrounds some "friends". Thanks for all the comments here that were thoughtful and gave me new insights to this trial.

Wrongful death suit filed against Tex McIver, key witness in shooting

"ATLANTA —
As a local attorney begins a life sentence in prison for murdering his wife, he's now also facing a wrongful death lawsuit.
But the suit doesn’t just name Tex McIver. It also names the key witness in the car when it happened – Dani Jo Carter....

In the suit filed by Mary Margaret Oliver, who is the administrator of Diane McIver’s estate, the plaintiffs seem to be seeking an admission from McIver that the shooting was accidental. A lawyer speculates that might make it easier to recover insurance money.

Channel 2’s Mark Winne sat down with Carter’s lawyer, who said the lawsuit surprised his client.

“I think seeing her name as a defendant next to Tex’s name in this really hit her hard,” attorney Lee Davis said.

Davis says Carter and Diane McIver were best friends most of their adult life, and at the time of Diane McIver’s death. He says Carter did nothing wrong to contribute to the wrongful death of Diane McIver.

Lawyer Robin Frazer Clark told Winne she brought the wrongful death suit on behalf of Diane McIver’s estate...."

Wrongful death suit filed against Tex McIver, key witness in shooting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony

A-Big-Thank-You.png

Tex McIver's attorneys file motion for new trial

"ATLANTA - Just two days after he was sentenced to life in prison, Atlanta attorney Tex McIver's attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial....

Friday afternoon, his attorneys, Don Samuel and Amanda Clark Palmer, filed the motion for a new trial on the following grounds:

1. Because the verdict is contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it;

2. Because the verdict is decidedly and strongly against the weight of the evidence;

3. Because the verdict is contrary to law and the principles of justice and equity.

His attorney told Channel 2's Mark Winne that the motion was brief and was filed to meet legal requirements until a transcript can be prepared and a more detailed motion is filed.

She told Winne that could take months...."

Tex McIver's attorneys file motion for new trial
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what, there were some charges that were amended or withdrawn after the trial began, to do with him trying to pervert the course of justice (not sure of the exact terminology without checking back). So it seems to me that if the verdicts were, as they now claim, contrary to the evidence and to the law, those arguments should have been put to the court before the jury deliberated on them. In my opinion.

Tex McIver gets new permanent address
McIver called an upscale Buckhead condominium home until last month, when a jury found him guilty of murder. Now he’s assigned to the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification State Prison near Jackson, about an hour south of downtown Atlanta. His fellow inmates include Fulton County courthouse killer Brian Nichols and Justin Ross Harris, convicted in 2016 of intentionally leaving his infant son in a hot car to die.

Tex has a new look:
McIverStretchMug.jpg

Court win for Tex McIver portends appeal of murder conviction

"The Supreme Court of Georgia announced Monday it has granted Claud “Tex” McIver a legal victory, of sorts, by accepting the convicted murderer’s petition to suspend his law license....

The move to suspend his law license comes in accordance with his motion requesting a new trial, according to a statement from the Georgia Supreme Court. If denied, McIver, 75, says he will appeal his conviction to the state’s highest court.

“Because we agree that such a suspension is appropriate, we accept McIver’s petition,” the court’s opinion states. “Accordingly, McIver hereby is suspended from the practice of law in this State until further order of this Court.”.."

Court win for Tex McIver portends appeal of murder conviction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the one thing he mentions he misses in prison is Chik-Fil-A and not people??!! He doesn't miss his family and friends?? (no wonder his children are estranged from him) or as people on here have pointed out....his Godson?? Diane??? They don't come to mind at all?? No I'm sorry???!!!

I'm not going to pretend I understand people or the law, but this right here speaks volumes to me.
He spoke of all the things that make him shine (in his own eyes)

Sole witness to deadly shooting says Tex McIver 'needs to be in hell'

"ATLANTA —
The only person to witness the shooting that killed Diane McIver sat down with Channel 2 Action News....

On Tuesday, Carter, who has known Diane McIver for decades, talked with Channel 2’s Mark Winne about the moment she learned Tex McIver would likely spend the rest of his life in jail.

"I prayed. I prayed about this. I pray that God’s will be done, and, I’ve had to pray a lot for myself because it’s just been so, so difficult. The dark places I’ve been where I, where I, just didn’t want to be here anymore," Carter said...

By the end of the trial, Carter said she believed the verdict of guilty was accurate and said she wanted Tex McIver to go to prison for life.

"He certainly doesn't need to be out. I think he needs to be in Hell," Carter said...."

Sole witness to deadly shooting says Tex McIver 'needs to be in hell'
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How the Jury Reached Their Verdict (video)

"Jurors Ryan Atkinson, Aubrey Gray, and Avi Robbins describe how they reached their verdict in the Tex McIver case."

How the jury reached their verdict
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No she wasn't Im thinking they can TRY but this is civil court, not federal court system.……..like OJ was found NOT guilty of murder but the civil case found him guilty and awarded family a lot of money

She was never on trial but what I was wondering if, well apparently, people viewing this, think she and TEx were in on it together, since she never drove the car for them before, it put TEX behind DIane in the car...…..she drove to the hospital, she hurried but obeyed the signs without being crazy I think it was tod...but she didn't call 911, to me it sounds like she was doing what TEx said thinking he had it under control, trusting him....but apparently she didn't know how serious, she did seem very calm from what Ive seen

I never thought she was in on it but I always thought he had been planning SOMETHING and the opportunity presented itself

I hope she's not guity of anything untowards!
I don't understand how they can sue Danni Jo for wrongful death? She's never been accused of any wrong doing has she?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back