GUILTY NY - Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, 14 mos, & Selena, 18, Sodus, 16 May 2018 *Arrest*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search continues for missing mom and her 14-month-old son

Wayne County sheriff's deputies continue to search for a missing mother and her 14-month-old son.
5B6CC9BD-05C7-473B-BFB4-9700273A8177.jpeg
Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, 18, and her son, Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, were last seen on May 16, on Joy Road in Sodus, deputies said. The two were together, according to police.

On Wednesday, there was a heavy police presence at an orchard along Joy Road in Sodus. Deputies Sodus firefighters and state Department of Environmental Control officers were investigating at the property, where it was believed that Hidalgo-Calderon had worked. Greece Police and their K-9 unit assisted deputies with the search on Thursday.

The Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office was also on the scene for part of the day.

Regarding the case, Sheriff Barry Virts said, "I have no update at this time as I do not want to compromise our investigative efforts."

Virts said deputies' "field operation search" will continue Thursday and that he will brief media later on Thursday. A date and time for a news conference has not been set.

Hidalgo-Calderon, who is from Guatemala and speaks little English, has lived in the U.S. since November 2016, said Rebecca Fuentes of the Workers' Center of Central New York, who, along with Calderon's family, held news conference in Sodus on Wednesday.

Her mother Estela Calderon reported her daughter and grandson missing on Sunday, three days after last texting with Hidalgo-Calderon. The two typically communicate at the end of each day, Calderon said.

Hidalgo-Calderon was in the process of being deported and her family was in the process of applying for asylum, Fuentes said. Hidalgo-Calderon had been making all of her court dates, which were in the Buffalo area, Fuentes said. Her next court appearance is scheduled for June 5.

[...]

Deputies, medical examiner respond to Sodus farm where missing mom worked
Have you seen this baby? Deputies search for missing Wayne County son, mom
13 WHAM ABC
13 WHAM ABC
Wayne County Sheriff's Office, Lyons, New York

Wayne County sheriff's deputies continue to search for a missing mother and her 14-month-old son.
View attachment 134680
Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, 18, and her son, Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, were last seen on May 16, on Joy Road in Sodus, deputies said. The two were together, according to police.

On Wednesday, there was a heavy police presence at an orchard along Joy Road in Sodus. Deputies Sodus firefighters and state Department of Environmental Control officers were investigating at the property, where it was believed that Hidalgo-Calderon had worked. Greece Police and their K-9 unit assisted deputies with the search on Thursday.

The Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office was also on the scene for part of the day.

Regarding the case, Sheriff Barry Virts said, "I have no update at this time as I do not want to compromise our investigative efforts."

Virts said deputies' "field operation search" will continue Thursday and that he will brief media later on Thursday. A date and time for a news conference has not been set.

Hidalgo-Calderon, who is from Guatemala and speaks little English, has lived in the U.S. since November 2016, said Rebecca Fuentes of the Workers' Center of Central New York, who, along with Calderon's family, held news conference in Sodus on Wednesday.

Her mother Estela Calderon reported her daughter and grandson missing on Sunday, three days after last texting with Hidalgo-Calderon. The two typically communicate at the end of each day, Calderon said.

Hidalgo-Calderon was in the process of being deported and her family was in the process of applying for asylum, Fuentes said. Hidalgo-Calderon had been making all of her court dates, which were in the Buffalo area, Fuentes said. Her next court appearance is scheduled for June 5.

[...]

13 WHAM ABC
13 WHAM ABC
Any chance she was swept up by ICE and already deported?

Sheriff: Body of missing Sodus mother found, child still missing; one in custody

The body of the missing mother in Sodus has been found, her son is still missing, according to Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts.

Officials say Selena Hidalgo-Calderon's body was found in a bag buried in a wooded area near her home on Joy Road. Vertis says her boyfriend, Alberto Reyes, was seen on trail cameras for a five hour period near the Joy Road home carrying a shovel.

Monroe County Medical Examiner identified the body found as Selena Thursday morning. They have not released her cause of death.

Reyes has been taken into custody and charged with tampering with physical evidence. Virts says he admitted removing Selena's body from the home and burying in the woods behind the home.

Body of woman found in Wayne County; toddler still missing

The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Thursday Selena Hidalgo-Calderon's body was found in a bag in the woods behind a farm in Sodus where she reportedly had worked.

Her boyfriend, Everardo Reyes, was arrested on charges of tampering with physical evidence. Police say the child, Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, has not been found.

Information on Reyes' lawyer was not immediately available.

Rebecca Fuentes of the Workers' Center of Central New York told the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle that Hidalgo-Calderon was from Guatemala and was being deported. She says the mother was in the process of applying for asylum.

Police find body of mom Selena Hidalgo-Calderon; 1-year-old son still missing
When deputies found Hidalgo-Calderon's body, it was badly decomposed and the Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office had to identify the body, Sheriff Barry Virts said. Police are still awaiting an official cause of death.

Reyes, who is from Mexico, admitted to removing the body from the couple's shared home on the farm and burying it between two logs, according to Virts. Police found Reyes on a farm in York, Livingston County.

"We believe (Hidalgo-Calderon) was murdered at the home," Virts said. "It is beyond my realm of reasoning why someone would be killed and why a small infant is still missing. I can't explain it. I don't know how rational people can explain it."

Reyes would not answer questions about Owen's whereabouts, Virts said.

Reyes was arraigned in Sodus Town Court and remanded to the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond. He is scheduled to return to court at 1 p.m. on May 29 for a preliminary hearing.

Boyfriend admits to burying girlfriend's body

WAYNE COUNTY, N.Y. — The boyfriend of the missing Sodus mother admitted to removing her body from her home on Joy Road and burying in the woods, according to deputies.

[...]

"You have a young 18-year-old mother with a 14-month infant, it is beyond reasoning why someone would be killed, and why a small infant is still missing," Sheriff Barry Virts said.

Sheriff Barry Virts is with the Wayne County Sheriff's Department.

The biological father of Selina Hildago-Calderon's son, Owen, is still in Guatemala. Deputies said investigators have been in contact with him - making him aware his son is missing.

The suspect, Hildago-Calderon's, Alberto Reyes is keeping quiet.

(Video at link)

Police are still searching for Hidalgo-Calderon's 14-month-old son Owen Hidalgo-Calderon.
D93D56E9-2FEA-435A-B7A7-A7C833EAB279.png
When deputies found Hidalgo-Calderon's body, it was badly decomposed and the Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office had to identify the body, Sheriff Barry Virts said. Police are still awaiting an official cause of death.
Owen is about 2 feet tall and weighs around 30 pounds. Fuentes said Owen is currently bald. The boy also has asthma.

636626746717167785-Owen.PNG

The Wayne County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday that it found the body of missing mother Selena Hidalgo-Calderon in Sodus, and her boyfriend has been charged in connection to the case.
Police are still searching for Hidalgo-Calderon's 14-month-old son Owen Hidalgo-Calderon.
Hidalgo-Calderon's body was located in a bag in the woods Wednesday behind a farm on Joy Road where it was believed Hidalgo-Calderon worked. Alberto "Ebavardo Gutierrez" Reyes, Hidalgo-Calderon's boyfriend, was charged with tampering with physical evidence, a Class E felony.
Hidalgo-Calderon, 18, and Owen went missing more than a week ago. Hidalgo-Calderon was last seen on May 16, on Joy Road in Sodus, deputies said. She and her son were together, according to police."

Very sad and long article:

View attachment 134680

[...]

13 WHAM ABC
13 WHAM ABC

Another duplicate... Errrrg! I will report it to mods! These are not coming up when you search them before creating the threads. It is getting frustrating. I am finding several that have been done.

NY - Owen Hidalgo-calderon, 1, Wayne County, 16 May 2018 *mother Found Deceased*

Search intensifies for missing toddler in Wayne County
It's a race against time to find a missing 14-month-old child in Wayne County.

The boy's mother, 18-year-old Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, was found dead in Sodus. Deputies say Selena's boyfriend Alberto Reyes admits to being involved in all of this, saying he helped hide Selena's body but claims he didn't kill her.

At the moment, Reyes is just charged with tampering with evidence.

Family members and investigators are now pleading for help to find Selena's son, Owen Hidalgo-Calderon.

1F36A363550B41828EC88BD031AA1D17.jpg

Deputies are heading back to Sodus Friday morning to continue look for Owen.

During a press conference Thursday, an emotional Sheriff Barry Virts said their search will likely turn into a recovery operation, fearing they may not find Owen alive.

Deputies say a hunter had set up trail cameras in the woods in the area, which caught Reyes going in and out of the woods with a shovel.

"I don’t care about your race, creed, color, national origin or religion," Sheriff Virts said. "If you are a victim, we will fight for you, we will triumph for you. If you are a perpetrator and you have abused somebody, we are going to hunt you down.”

Reyes, who is from Mexico, is due in court next week. Sheriff Virts says he is working with Mexican authorities to learn more about him and if he has a criminal record.

I just tried some searches. To me, it looks like only old threads are found but not threads created since the new forum is online. I searched for a thread I created myself yesterday and couldn‘t find it either.

There is always a problem with the search when the forum gets changed like this. I think they will figure it out and fix it. In the mean time try using google site search instead of websleuths search box to find out if there is already a thread here. From google you can type in: "site:websleuths.com Selena Hidalgo-Calderon" (without quote marks) and this thread shows up. I almost created a new thread for this case too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back