Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours after Emily Glass led a private investigator to the body of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez and after the investigator had been interviewed by detectives Thursday, he shared something with Sheila Medlam.

And it was this: Glass told the private investigator “that she put Lucas to bed Friday night (Feb. 16), that when she woke up Saturday morning (Feb. 17), he was dead,” Medlam said.

Marshburn told her he made a plan to put Glass in a truck and persuade her to tell where Lucas was.

His strategy, Medlam said, was to take her out in the truck and convey to her that people know where Lucas is and were “zeroing in on it.”

Private investigator had one advantage police lacked in finding Lucas' body

Basically sort of public because he was found under the small bridge that goes over the creek. He was so close to the road and bridge that it is basically considered county maintained.

I watched the news yesterday and saw lots of footage of exactly where he was found. Once you take Woodlawn all the way to 96th and turn left onto 96th, the small creek and bridge is right there just a tiny bit down the road on 96th. The creek is so small going under 96th that you dont really even know its a small bridge.

BBM
Well that's interesting! I wonder if she knew of this little gem of a spot or just happened upon it.

Hours after Emily Glass led a private investigator to the body of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez and after the investigator had been interviewed by detectives Thursday, he shared something with Sheila Medlam.

And it was this: Glass told the private investigator “that she put Lucas to bed Friday night (Feb. 16), that when she woke up Saturday morning (Feb. 17), he was dead,” Medlam said.

Marshburn told her he made a plan to put Glass in a truck and persuade her to tell where Lucas was.

His strategy, Medlam said, was to take her out in the truck and convey to her that people know where Lucas is and were “zeroing in on it.”

If I remember right, in Kelli's case, the perp led Marshburn out to the vicinity a couple of times but wouldn't show exactly where - the perp was playing with him. The next day, somehow talked him into taking him again. as soon as Marshburn located the body, he was on the phone calling Detectives. For some reason, I remember a Walkie-talkie involved. LE was staking it out. I do remember the whole show focused on how gentle and patient he was with the perp. The moment the handcuffs went on, he let out his hatred for the guy. He had held his true emotions in so long.

This is making me believe more and more that Lucas died the night before she called 911 to report him missing. I believe an altercation occurred Friday evening that caused his death; she moved his body under the cover of darkness, imo, probably in the wee hours of Saturday morning when there was little to no traffic or citizens moving about.

How often do we hear that a child is beaten and left to die without medical intervention? Based on what we've heard of her treatment of him, I think that could have happened with Lucas.

Marshburn declined to talk about Glass' reaction at the scene for fear of jeopardizing the prosecution's case. He also refused to say whether Glass had told him what happened to the boy.

He said it took him and Ward about four hours to actually find the body after they got to the general area, and had to work off clues rather than go right to it. They drove around with Glass as they talked and looked, he said.

"All those roads look alike, all those bridges look the same, all those woods — everything just looks the same. And then you go from winter to summer, I mean things just change, and you are dealing with a person whose mind is not even clear all the time," Marshburn said. "We had to do it step by step."

Police: Body identified as missing 5-year-old Kansas boy

So they drove over the bridge where he was found 30 times. I think she knew exactly where he was but didn't want to say.

JMO
In hindsight the location of where he was shows that she went there because it was convenient for her. All she did was drive 1 street over and head North.

Edgemoore where she lived was just 1 street over from Woodlawn. She hopped on Woodlawn and went North till she thought she was far enough out of town.

A lot of people were right that she was no master planner in this. She just got lucky it took this long to find him.

Lucas Hernandez case - Google My Maps

You cannot head north onto Woodlawn when approaching from the east (no left turns from left end of intersection).

EG had to cross 400 either on Edgemoore or another street, passing several businesses. She'd need to pass by the VA medical complex (bringing to mind many other ER, PD, church, cemetery, and generally selfless opportunities to 'relieve' herself of the crisis along this route).
Heading due north from 600 Edgemoore hits Chisolm Creek Park- certainly an easy method of disposal comfortably close enough to keep watch over with her sons on an innocent day out- or was she instructed to meet someone there? What did we conclude were the official gate closing hours for February 16th? Easiest route for turning about & resuming drive AWAY from 600 Edgemoore (freeway)?

I'd think that EG sloppy & reckless as she is, would want to avoid any known traffic traps (common friday evening drunk driver screening).

It seems that LE should have made the rounds asking for video for that night, during the insane week of hunting they put that area through.

Given the chance of circumstances, I'd be surprised that a specific time & area is not released to encourage witnesses to come forward for EG's inevitable trial.

Just had a very strange glitch in which my post was only a vague bare bones version, posting much earlier than I'd actually hit enter.

Last edited:
This is making me believe more and more that Lucas died the night before she called 911 to report him missing. I believe an altercation occurred Friday evening that caused his death; she moved his body under the cover of darkness, imo, probably in the wee hours of Saturday morning when there was little to no traffic or citizens moving about.

How often do we hear that a child is beaten and left to die without medical intervention? Based on what we've heard of her treatment of him, I think that could have happened with Lucas.

I'm certain she didn't hide him in daylight. There is a house like 400ft from the site and Marshburn stated that you could see their mailbox from the site. I think she may not have noticed it in the dark but if she did know it was there, no way she was risking stopping and getting out with a hard to handle body in the light of day. As I said before, I believe she did take him down the culvert because he was found under the bridge. Not visible from the road above. Maybe he was washed there, idk, but I think he was likely placed there. From every image I have seen, I dont' think there is/was enough water to move a 50lb body.

BBM

Aliayah Lunsford is just one child whose murder fits the criteria of the part of your post I bolded. The only positive side of her case is that a jury recently sent her "mother" to prison for life even though Aliayah's body has not been found after several years. I sure wish David Marshburn could find her remains, but at least her murderer is locked up for life.

The article said she never did say which bridge, so Mashburn decided to just start looking under every bridge they went over. Lucas was under the first bridge he checked :(
If she told him that Lucas had died and she panicked, why wouldn't she tell him where she put him? What's she got to lose at that point? I think it would help her actually.

If she told him that Lucas had died and she panicked, why wouldn't she tell him where she put him? What's she got to lose at that point? I think it would help her actually.
My guess is, Lucas died as a result of her beating him or something else more nefarious. EG wants everyone to believe this was a freak accident? I don't think so.

That would be just like Lena Lunsford if she did it like that and probably many others. It is very likely this is what happened

RSBBM - If this is her excuse, it will be interesting to learn if sweet Luke was found wearing pj's or a tee (with pull-up), as opposed to the clothing EG detailed he was wearing when she told detectives the lie about him wandering off. Everyone knows she's a lying liar who lies, but that there is often some degree of truth used in the details of tales told. I'm hoping that this will be one way to trip her up, especially when compared with LL/neighbor's statement(s) regarding what Lucas was wearing Friday evening.

As with everyone else, my broken heart sends kind and warm thoughts to those who loved and lost this darling fellow.

This is my theory as well!!! FLA and PB told us to focus on the late hours of Friday night. I believe LE knew that a crime occurred before she called due to maybe phone records, lack of messaging back, phone pings possibly, and of course the LL seeing Lucas at home alone on Friday. My bet is that sometime later through the night after putting MH to bed, she became more furious with Lucas being seen and beat him badly. I tend to believe she put a pull up on him before driving him in the the car before he died, but worried he could possibly die in the vehicle. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was beaten, near death, but still alive when she dumped him. Because that’s the kind of person she is. She would probably want him in pain, alone, on a gravel road, scared out of his mind!!!! Sorry for going that graphic but that’s what I believe happened. She was scared and worried about the consequences and wanted him to be scared and alone and feel some of the consequences for her actions. All my own opinion. She’s a witch. Enough said!

Briefing:

Sadly here to talk about missing Lucas Hernandez.

Discovered body in Harvey cty. last night.

Believe it is Lucas, but cannot confirm. But it is likely Lucas.

Autopsy should be completed this afternoon.

EG arrested last night booked into Sedg. cty. jail for obstruction of justice

Body found near 96th and Woodlawn

EG took PI to that site.

PI hired by Lucas' family

When body found PI called WPD and they responded along with Harvey Cty.

When they arrived they found the PI and EG at the scene

PI told them EG led him to the body

PI is David Marshburn of North Carolina

Certain things we can talk about but certain things we can't

This is about bringing justice for Lucas

We do not want to do anything to jeopardize case

As it moves forward, all info will come out in due time

Police are bound by certain rules

Private citizens do not fall under those rules

We have spent significant resources trying to find Lucas

We thank everyone involved in helping to find him

Our investigators have worked really really hard on this case. It captured the community hearts as well as ours.

Please come forward with clues if you have any

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lucas and his family and all of those who dedicated their time.

Not sure if there will be additional arrests yet

LE very glad that we got to this point, very sad, but glad to bring closure. A lot of emotions.

Can't discuss whether any tips came in leading to Harvey county

Police are bound by very strict rules of procedure. Non- police people are not bound by those rules.

Case is still very active. Difficult to say where it could go from here. The case is open, there could be more arrests.

Will not get into any conversations they have had with EG because it's an ongoing investigation.

I'm way behind which usually I am. (Not counting the fact I'm trying to learn new software and I'm not tech savvy. Didn't know bells and whistles on prior system and want to know on this one).

Thank you so much Shelby for your transcribed notes. especially since didn't watch press conference. It doesn't go unnoticed the time involved.

“‘Tonight on KAKE news at 6 hear from the private investigator who discovered the remains of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez”
www.KAKE.com (click upper right corner ‘watch live’)
ETA: had to fix the spelling I don’t know what that was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail