Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

What a sad situation.

I personally don't harbor any ill feelings toward the parents for letting him walk a few blocks on his own that night, if that's really what happened.

But I can't help thinking that early on the police were looking for video from that night in an attempt to corroborate that he ever left his house.

They have video that shows Jake leaving his house at the time the parents reported.

Jake Wilson search: National Guard helicopter assists in quest for missing autistic teen

attachment.php

As searchers continued to look for an autistic teenager who went missing from an eastern Iowa town more than a month ago, local authorities were assisted Wednesday by a helicopter with the Iowa National Guard.

Officials in La Porte City used the CS-47 helicopter to add pressure to Wolf Creek, the waterway that runs through the town of 2,200 people, in the search for 16-year-old Jake Wilson, who went missing April 7. It hovered above the creek in the hopes of moving objects under the water.

The helicopter was used during a National Guard training mission, the city's police chief, Chris Brecher, told reporters Wednesday. Authorities had two teams of three kayaks on the creek to check if the effort yielded any results.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...r-autistic-teen-missing-wolf-creek/617629002/

Attachments

• 636620951109598535-20180516-133414.jpg
    636620951109598535-20180516-133414.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 530
Decomposed remains found in Mississippi River at Keokuk

Just saw this - not sure if it's relevant to Jake or not. Either way, it's somebody's loved one. So sad :(

Oh no. I hate to say it, but it could be him, especially since no one has seen or heard from him since he went missing. The said the body was badly decomposed and that they can't tell if a crime was committed or if it was an accident. Rest in peace, whoever the poor person may be.

KBUR out of Burlington is reporting it's a missing Burlington man. The link on their page isn't working though for me to link it.

Not Jake. My condolences to Mr. Davenport and his loved ones.

Body Found In Mississippi Near Keokuk Identified As Missing Burlington Man”
May 25, 2018 Local News | Steve Putney

“The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Decedent Care Center; has identified the body recovered from the Mississippi River in Keokuk, Iowa on May 24, 2018, as Lance Coleman Davenport. Davenport was reported as a missing person to the Burlington Police Department on
May 20, 2018

The Keokuk Police Department says that the death is still under investigation. According to the department they are looking into when Davenport was last seen, given the condition of the body.” (BBM)

Body Found In Mississippi Near Keokuk Identified As Missing Burlington Man

It’s weird. They must at this point truly believed be drowned. In the beginning they seemed interested in individuals who participated in hat biking event. I assume they got a full roster and interviewed anyone they felt was pertinent to the case. When that was done and they had no leads maybe they felt the water was the only actual option?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back