CANADA Canada - Jon Michael Riley, 47, Meaford ON, 26, Apr 2013

https://twitter.com/hashtag/findingJonRiley?src=hash
attachment.php

Attachments

• CJXZhNsUEAEundY.jpg
    CJXZhNsUEAEundY.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 251
Our biggest clue that something is wrong. He went to Toronto to meet someone for a job. If not in computers ... then must’ve been manual labor.

VIDEO.
It seems Jon did not take his computer with him when he presumably went to Toronto.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1343582

Our biggest clue that something is wrong. He went to Toronto to meet someone for a job. If not in computers ... then must’ve been manual labor.
FindingJonRiley, were LE able to check Jon's latest computer searches? If he was looking for a job, he might have done some searches on Job sites, or even Craigslist or Kijiji. It could give an idea of what kind of "manual labor" or area in Toronto he was interested in.
How about his "bookmarks"? Temporary bookmarks folder?

Privacy laws in Canada prevent families from accessing any of this. This is precisely why laws need to change! A forensic search of accounting is crucial to finding missing persons.
Without incriminating ourselves, I will just comment that this experience has taught us how to access the inaccessible. We weren’t successful in finding any clues from this information.
If there’s anything related to BM, he would’ve paid cash. BM does not leave a paper trail.

We still need to access his medical records from his shoulder surgery <modsnip>

Sorry for the long post, just brainstorming...

Regarding your trying to obtain Jon's records from his shoulder surgery--Do you know who Jon's family physician was?

I thought of the Missing Person's Act, go to this section at the link below:
5 (1) (c) (i) & (ii)

Law Document English View

'
(i) the missing person may be seriously harmed, or

(ii) the records may be destroyed.'

The hospital would have the electronic records, but a family physician in 2013 may have paper records that could be in danger of being destroyed soon.

My guess is that if the doctor had a paper file of your brother's records they would have likely been put into storage after one- two year's of inactivity. After x amount of years in storage they're in danger of being destroyed.

(I was a lab tech, I think doctors kept the records for seven years before destroying them.)

I gather the police would have to make the official request.

I know you said that you do not want to declare your brother as deceased, but have you spoken to a lawyer? I'm wondering if there's any form of power of attorney that could give you the right to his records.

Sometimes just visiting a doctor involved, if possible, and asking 'theoretical' questions might be also be helpful. They might drop breadcrumbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. The surgeon was a family friend Dr Peter Welsch at the Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital at Wellesley and Younge St in Toronto. Peter moved to New Zealand many years ago and I can’t track him down. Jon’s primary doctor passed away and the clinic destroyed his medical records. When I first asked, they wouldn’t tell me anything. Now that Bruce McArthur is involved, they shared that with me — even though it breaks privacy laws.
I got a tip that the reason Police know Bruce McArthur has so many victims is that he has a cache of victim photos on his computer. The photos do not show heads. That’s why police are asking us about scars.

Missing Ontario man’s family reacts to discovery of human remains
Jodi Riley has been tirelessly advocating for changes to the way missing persons cases are handled by Canadian law enforcement. She launched an online petition and detailed the challenges she said her family endured trying to get his disappearance taken seriously.
“I know there’s a lot more remains. It’s just a matter of time before more families are going to be notified,” said Jodi.

“Judi Riley has been tirelessly advocating for changes to the way missing persons cases are handled by Canadian law enforcement. Her brother, Jon Riley, has been missing for more than five years. She launched an online petition and detailed the challenges she said her family endured trying to get his disappearance taken seriously.“

Please consider signing our petition and adding to the 18,668 signatures.
Sign the Petition

“Judi Riley has been tirelessly advocating for changes to the way missing persons cases are handled by Canadian law enforcement. Her brother, Jon Riley, has been missing for more than five years. She launched an online petition and detailed the challenges she said her family endured trying to get his disappearance taken seriously.“

Please consider signing our petition and adding to the 18,668 signatures.
Sign the Petition

I've signed the petition Judi. We need to fix this system! Thank you for continuing to tirelessly advocate for your missing brother, and for other missing adults. You are inspiring me to do better; to be more of an advocate.

Thank you for signing. I hope a new protocol becomes law and I hope they name the law after my brother. I don’t want Jon’s legacy to be possible victim of Bruce McArthur. Jon is the kindest, most generous and sincere person I’ve ever known. We miss him immensely.

I've signed the petition Judi. We need to fix this system! Thank you for continuing to tirelessly advocate for your missing brother, and for other missing adults. You are inspiring me to do better; to be more of an advocate.

Hi Everyone,

FindingJonRiley is now a verified insider in Jon's case.

Please as always, treat FindingJonRiley with respect.

Remember FindingJonRiley does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what FindingJonRiley posts or not.

Thank you

Bumping.
MANDEL: Sister waits, fearing missing brother among Bruce McArthur’s alleged victims

"An avid sailor and hiker who worked as a computer analyst, her brother lived with their mother in Meaford where she’d retired after giving up their Toronto home. In May 2013, he left a note: “Mom gone to Toronto for a couple of days. Got my GST.” No one has heard from his since.

“He completely vanished off the face of this earth, there was not one tip,” she says."

I have just received my brother Jon Riley’s computer from homicide OPP and I need help from this group. Am I allowed to ask for researchers. I have phone #s that need to be tracked down. Pls let me know if you can help.

I can volunteer time if that’s required.

No special skills except for being a lab tech. I’ll ask around, but I may be of no use.

ETA: maybe @Tricia @ABro @Archangel85 @sillybilly can connect us to someone here that might be able to help?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back