George Takei accused of drugging and sexually assaulting model in 1981

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“Star Trek icon George Takei has been accused of drugging and groping a former male model in his Los Angeles condo in 1981.
Scott Brunton came forward to say he was groped by the actor when he was just 24, and claiming Takei took advantage of him just after a breakup, when he was most vulnerable.

'This happened a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it,' Brunton told the The Hollywood Reporter.

'It is one of those stories you tell with a group of people when people are recounting bizarre instances in their lives, this always comes up. I have been telling it for years, but I am suddenly very nervous telling it.'”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sexually-assaulting-model.html#ixzz4y5nYaEcI

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
Friends,

I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them. /1

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
Replying to @GeorgeTakei
The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. /2

George Takei
George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
Replying to @GeorgeTakei
But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment. /3

Stern and Takei were discussing the "irony" of the Weinstein case and the audiotape of President Donald Trump boasting about grabbing women's genitals years ago, when Stern asked Takei whether he had ever grabbed a man's genitals against his will.

Takei, a staunch opponent of the Republican president, initially was silent, then said "uh oh" and laughed. Stern asked again and Takei said, "Some people are kind of skittish, or maybe, um, uh, afraid, and you're trying to persuade."

Stern and his co-host, Robin Quivers, persisted, asking Takei whether he ever held a job over somebody for sex and he said no.

Quivers asked if he did "this grabbing at work." Takei said, "It was either in my home. They came to my home."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...oward-stern-grabbing-men-persuade-sex-1057333

Portland man who accused actor George Takei of assault only wants apology

"I know unequivocally he spiked my drink," said Brunton, who's 6-feet-2 and weighed 175 pounds back then. "It takes a lot more than two drinks to put me out."

Brunton said he is hurt but not surprised by Takei's denial.

"Why would he own up to it," Brunton said.

He said he's been attacked in social media by strangers who've accused him of being an opportunist and tarnishing the reputation of a man who's backed the LGBTQ community.

"I was torn by that," Brunton said. "He's done a lot toward LGBTQ rights and causes. But I'm not sure if it was from the heart."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2017/11/portland_man_who_accused_actor.html

George Takei Very Recently Described Groping Men Who Are 'Afraid' (NSFW)

https://jezebel.com/george-takei-very-recently-described-groping-men-who-ar-1820376322

This is horrifying. Takei is presenting the dangerous stereotype that men will have sex with anything that moves, and consent isn't needed. This is in many ways the same logic that men who molest boys say, or men who rape women because of what they are wearing or some other ********.

People like him need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

News that several online media companies including Mic, Slate and Refinery29 have severed commercial ties with Star Trek actor George Takei following allegations of sexual assault has shone a light on the little-understood practice of online news sites paying celebrities to post links to their content.

Millennial-focused website Mic reported that it and five other media sites had “ended paid promotion partnerships that once had their articles and videos shared on Takei’s social media platforms” in the wake of an accusation that Takei sexually assaulted a young actor in 1981. Takei denies the claim.

Slate, Refinery29, viral site Upworthy, media brand Good and Futurism all confirmed to Mic that they had cut Takei out of their “social media influencer” networks of paid celebrities and other high-profile social media users who often have millions of followers.

Top influencers can make $75,000 for a product post on Instagram and a staggering $185,000-plus for a plug on YouTube, according to a report in the New York Times.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...acebook-mic-slate-refinery29?CMP=share_btn_tw

These recent cases of accusations are one person’s word against another. 1981, in this case, 37 years ago!!! Sorry to say, but all the women coming forward decades after an incident should have just gone about their lives. Seems at the time there was some consensus, even if it was under pressure to advance one’s status.

These recent cases of accusations are one person’s word against another. 1981, in this case, 37 years ago!!! Sorry to say, but all the women coming forward decades after an incident should have just gone about their lives. Seems at the time there was some consensus, even if it was under pressure to advance one’s status.

The difference is, the women coming forward, (and not all of them were that long ago) make the same accusations against the same men. Lots of them. If this was a thing of George's, there would not be just one accuser, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back