Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

I started this journey by making a video about Lucas and I ended it (well sorta) by making another one. I wanted to give the family some time to have it to themselves before sharing it with everyone else. I meant to put this on here earlier but our work as Lucas searchers isn’t yet done. I don’t think I could ever have imagined just how deeply involved I’d become in this case but I consider it an honor to have had the chance to do so. I only wish I could have met all these amazing wonderful people under very different circumstances.

I think I can speak for at least the people from WS who’ve been a part of the search effort just how much we appreciated having the support of everyone on here because there were times when we needed the support too! And a very special thank you to FLA for opening that door to all of us.......this journey isn’t even close to being over. Your family got quite a bit bigger overnight I think

I have tried real hard not to cry for a very long time. I don't know why I am afraid to give into those emotions anymore as I have always been an extremely sensitive person and still am.

I have followed several missing cases found and not found although not my main focus on W S. Some of those I have followed are so sad, for e.g. like Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Diana Alvarez, to name a few who have never been found.

But this case has had the most profound affect on me out of the ones I have followed quietly. I have never seen a community like Wichita pull together like this and then keep on searching. Wow.

ESO, your contributions to this thread not counting the many outside the thread have been outstanding. It would be an honor to "follow" you on WS. The 2 photos of Lucas side by side with bruises that were shared as I have mentioned previously were thought provoking. The one, bruises exposed, with his soulful eyes that emanated begging to be helped and pain for a 5 yr old to express impacted me. Thank you for sharing a very moving tribute with impeccable timing. And Yes, I cried for that precious little boy.

I wrote up a transcript of the news interview the PI gave. Thought some of you may find it useful. If you notice any mistakes please don’t hesitate to point them out, this was my first attempt at transcribing.

Attachments

• David Marshburn News Interview (Lucas Hernandez) .pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 87

I started this journey by making a video about Lucas and I ended it (well sorta) by making another one. I wanted to give the family some time to have it to themselves before sharing it with everyone else. I meant to put this on here earlier but our work as Lucas searchers isn’t yet done. I don’t think I could ever have imagined just how deeply involved I’d become in this case but I consider it an honor to have had the chance to do so. I only wish I could have met all these amazing wonderful people under very different circumstances.

I think I can speak for at least the people from WS who’ve been a part of the search effort just how much we appreciated having the support of everyone on here because there were times when we needed the support too! And a very special thank you to FLA for opening that door to all of us.......this journey isn’t even close to being over. Your family got quite a bit bigger overnight I think
You got me E- to all of Luke’s Angels

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )

Much, much love to you, Bethany. We are here for you and Lucas always.

Wu (reporter) quotes Dustie McElwain as the source behind this statement: "Lucas' father was out of town for work when they found Lucas' body."

Why would he leave for work when the PI was only scheduled to be here for a few days to a week? Unless...it was the "reason" why JH couldn't be there the 2nd day when Marshburn wanted to talk to EG alone? Maybe he went right back to work ready to return quickly? Maybe ...but... nvm, too much speculation.

Back to hand-sitting.
edited to remove uncertainty about JH being out of town

The PI told him to leave and go back to work. He thought as long as Jonathan was around she wouldn’t talk to him.....and out of state would help even more. I will say he was very much withdrawn and shell shocked when I met him today. I’m very empathetic to him because JO has spoken so highly of him as a father. Making my video, I choose not to include things like photos of him or his family as much as possible, not because I didn’t want to include them, I just didn’t have the same relationship with him as I do with JO’s family. Plus I didn’t have permission to use their photos. But hopefully I might be able to include them in my next video if I do one. They clearly love Lucas as does JH....more importantly Lucas loved them.....they deserve to be included in one next time.

Actually, I don't think there was water under the bridge when we searched it.
This is the end of a thread, so a perfect place to make this statement. THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, OR THINGS I ACTUALLY DID OR PARTICIPATED IN. My following comments are in response to a posting of a media article that claims they basically led the PI to Lucas. I assure you, they did not. There's a lot of people taking credit in the media, social media, and elsewhere for things they didn't do, so I'm going to set the record straight. First of all, I think it's pretty gross and shameless for someone to stand in front of a camera and brag with all their peacock feathers open. Even worse when half of what they are saying is an untruth.

I've purposefully stayed out of WS because I haven't had time to read and reply AND spend my every free moment working with a team on Lucas' case. More importantly though, I have not trusted myself not to slip and say something I shouldn't.

As is true with every case, people do things that aren't necessarily considered remarkable until those things are scrutinized under a microscope. Emily Glass did some very ordinary things, predictable things, horrible things, and evil things. Every day. In the process, a beautiful, sweet, funny, precious little boy was killed. Then discarded. People in her life, her family and partner all participated in their own ways. We do not yet know the extent, but I urge you to not be soft on these people. They enabled her, possibly even struck Lucas themselves. We will find out.

There is SO much more to this case than what can be revealed. It's all complex, yet not. The ordinary is extraordinary. Obvious, yet mind blowing. Finding Lucas was the main goal. With that resolved, it's now time to focus on making sure the people who harmed Lucas, or enabled that, pay for it AND do not ever have the opportunity to do that type of behavior again.

Back to finding Lucas. In February as Emily Glass was being arrested, a team of WSers got together and began to search. At first it was haphazard, but very quickly we became organized and documented everything. Everything we planned went directly to TXEQ, who I assume in turn handed it off to LE. So they have on record who did what and where. They know for a fact that it is the Pinks that were out there, way back in March. The flow of information was clean and smooth. Every search was mapped and recorded and sent to TXEQ. That culvert was in our zoning, and the Pinks got down and searched it. Sadly, we missed finding Lucas even though, like I said, our search team was there. Again though, so as not to jeopardize the case in any way, the details of why he was missed must be omitted. Even the PI said he would have missed him had he not been fed information from Emily. I just want to go on record to say that I assure you, the people that are publicly pounding their chests like heroes who went there or planned to go there are not telling a truth. And they have behaved very unprofessionally in many ways. It's disgusting. The people who were doing the down and dirty searching, literally, are not out bragging about it. They answer to Lucas and no one else. Our heroes are silent, invisible, stealth.

Websleuths as a platform is the foundation that brought this team together. This is why Websleuths exists. The rules are strict, but is also why LE considers WS a source of truth. Wichita stepped up. Amazing people. There are other teams of searchers outside of our group, but they did not search where Lucas was found, nor did they have super top secret information that pointed to where he was. The PI manipulated Emily and Jonathon until he was able to crack the code, as it were. The PI found Lucas using his own methods and with information he gleaned from Emily herself. He said it himself to the reporter. He didn't hear the details and he didn't want to know them. So when someone runs around taking credit for it, they are lying.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the ridiculous amount of doxxing of WS posts that's gone on in FB. If you posted here, your comment was likely lifted and posted there as if they wrote it. Gross and dirty. Anyway...

Much respect to Henry2326, perfectingpink, n_c66, ESO, , and Lucas' family that posted here. Seriously bad *advertiser censored* group of brains right there.

The PI told him to leave and go back to work. He thought as long as Jonathan was around she wouldn’t talk to him.....and out of state would help even more. I will say he was very much withdrawn and shell shocked when I met him today. I’m very empathetic to him because JO has spoken so highly of him as a father. Making my video, I choose not to include things like photos of him or his family as much as possible, not because I didn’t want to include them, I just didn’t have the same relationship with him as I do with JO’s family. Plus I didn’t have permission to use their photos. But hopefully I might be able to include them in my next video if I do one. They clearly love Lucas as does JH....more importantly Lucas loved them.....they deserve to be included in one next time.

Thank you hugely, ESO. I've been thinking and trying to find a way to bring up some of what you wrote about JH.

(That PI sure does have a wisdom filled gift).

Perhaps, also it is because I look for the good and positive in people. It wasn't hard to find for JH. I knew (and because too JO did not speak any negative towards or about JH) that he loved his son. As another poster indicated we cannot know as we have not walked in his shoes. Without being aware of the full story of a relationship, it is best not to be judgmental even though that can be very hard at times.

I hope you do another video and include Jonathan and his family. I truly do feel for JH. That would be so beautiful for Lucas.

ETA: I may not be making myself clear, I try to find even one small nugget of gold in someone. I'm not in any way discounting that JH had his obvious faults that can be hard to over look but Lucas loved his father and I believe he loved his son which is the one reason I feel for him.

Last edited:
This is the end of a thread, so a perfect place to make this statement. THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, OR THINGS I ACTUALLY DID OR PARTICIPATED IN. My following comments are in response to a posting of a media article that claims they basically led the PI to Lucas. I assure you, they did not. There's a lot of people taking credit in the media, social media, and elsewhere for things they didn't do, so I'm going to set the record straight. First of all, I think it's pretty gross and shameless for someone to stand in front of a camera and brag with all their peacock feathers open. Even worse when half of what they are saying is an untruth.

I've purposefully stayed out of WS because I haven't had time to read and reply AND spend my every free moment working with a team on Lucas' case. More importantly though, I have not trusted myself not to slip and say something I shouldn't.

As is true with every case, people do things that aren't necessarily considered remarkable until those things are scrutinized under a microscope. Emily Glass did some very ordinary things, predictable things, horrible things, and evil things. Every day. In the process, a beautiful, sweet, funny, precious little boy was killed. Then discarded. People in her life, her family and partner all participated in their own ways. We do not yet know the extent, but I urge you to not be soft on these people. They enabled her, possibly even struck Lucas themselves. We will find out.

There is SO much more to this case than what can be revealed. It's all complex, yet not. The ordinary is extraordinary. Obvious, yet mind blowing. Finding Lucas was the main goal. With that resolved, it's now time to focus on making sure the people who harmed Lucas, or enabled that, pay for it AND do not ever have the opportunity to do that type of behavior again.

Back to finding Lucas. In February as Emily Glass was being arrested, a team of WSers got together and began to search. At first it was haphazard, but very quickly we became organized and documented everything. Everything we planned went directly to TXEQ, who I assume in turn handed it off to LE. So they have on record who did what and where. They know for a fact that it is the Pinks that were out there, way back in March. The flow of information was clean and smooth. Every search was mapped and recorded and sent to TXEQ. That culvert was in our zoning, and the Pinks got down and searched it. Sadly, we missed finding Lucas even though, like I said, our search team was there. Again though, so as not to jeopardize the case in any way, the details of why he was missed must be omitted. Even the PI said he would have missed him had he not been fed information from Emily. I just want to go on record to say that I assure you, the people that are publicly pounding their chests like heroes who went there or planned to go there are not telling a truth. And they have behaved very unprofessionally in many ways. It's disgusting. The people who were doing the down and dirty searching, literally, are not out bragging about it. They answer to Lucas and no one else. Our heroes are silent, invisible, stealth.

Websleuths as a platform is the foundation that brought this team together. This is why Websleuths exists. The rules are strict, but is also why LE considers WS a source of truth. Wichita stepped up. Amazing people. There are other teams of searchers outside of our group, but they did not search where Lucas was found, nor did they have super top secret information that pointed to where he was. The PI manipulated Emily and Jonathon until he was able to crack the code, as it were. The PI found Lucas using his own methods and with information he gleaned from Emily herself. He said it himself to the reporter. He didn't hear the details and he didn't want to know them. So when someone runs around taking credit for it, they are lying.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the ridiculous amount of doxxing of WS posts that's gone on in FB. If you posted here, your comment was likely lifted and posted there as if they wrote it. Gross and dirty. Anyway...

Much respect to Henry2326, perfectingpink, n_c66, ESO, , and Lucas' family that posted here. Seriously bad *advertiser censored* group of brains right there.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.....and you were the one who held us together, we absolutely could not have made the progress we did without you and Henry. In other, Pink and Mr. Pink did at least 90% of the scouting and searching for hours and hours and hours with a dedication that makes it all

Last edited:
I have tried real hard not to cry for a very long time. I don't know why I am afraid to give into those emotions anymore as I have always been an extremely sensitive person and still am.

I have followed several missing cases found and not found although not my main focus on W S. Some of those I have followed are so sad, for e.g. like Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Diana Alvarez, to name a few who have never been found.

But this case has had the most profound affect on me out of the ones I have followed quietly. I have never seen a community like Wichita pull together like this and then keep on searching. Wow.

ESO, your contributions to this thread not counting the many outside the thread have been outstanding. It would be an honor to "follow" you on WS. The 2 photos of Lucas side by side with bruises that were shared as I have mentioned previously were thought provoking. The one, bruises exposed, with his soulful eyes that emanated begging to be helped and pain for a 5 yr old to express impacted me. Thank you for sharing a very moving tribute with impeccable timing. And Yes, I cried for that precious little boy.

Very well said.

Thank you ESO. I'm in tears......again.

Wow!!!!! I wish I had your gift of the written word to express what I feel about your post. Thank you for pointing out all the inaccuracies.

I will say this that I have very little to no respect or faith in the media and social media. It is incredible how inaccurate they all are in what they portray. Many of the public just has no conceivable idea and are utterly gullible.

Thank you very much for sharing what you can. We have just an inkling via your post of what you all did behind the scenes. There are just no words...............

This is why Websleuths is my reliable source and is the very best. I respect too that foul language is not allowed making this site classy. I proudly am a member.

IMHO

Yes. When I read that I had the same thought......I think I mentioned it here on the previous thread but I definitely felt what you were feeling in regards to that statement. She was so detailed about everything else up to the bath and then it was just basically "bath and bed" - like she glossed over it....and maybe that is because that was when it happened.

I am also curious if EG viewed the body once it was found or if she basically just waited for them. Did she help look or just wait in the car while he did?
I'm not up to date with the recent posts yet so I may not be the first to say it, but if she had drowned him in the bath I speculate she had to find a place with water to leave him in, so that she could say when they found him that it occurred there (and by abductors, not her). Otherwise why search out (as if) specifically for a stream?

It has already been moved! I hope everyone stays all the way through the trial. I find that most don't as it can take years before there is an actual trial and many move on to other cases.

Maybe I won't be able to post in here as much as we go into the trial stages of things because my lack of law knowledge is weak, at best, but, I will keep little Lucas' thread in my watched threads until Justice is served. I won't leave until you can rest in peace forever little man.

I might delete this as soon as I post. But...when we found my brother's body after three months, the coyotes had already got to him. The crime (it wasn't a crime, he had a seizure and died) scene was blocked off for a only a short perimeter. His clothing and shoes were the only thing recognizable.

Hugs to you ima.

We appreciate you all so, so much! I am far away—but all if you on WS were a trusted resource for me, that allowed me to stay up to date with Lucas.

I really appreciate you talking about the complex yet ordinary. I’ve been pondering this a lot.

I think we are doing a disservice to our kiddos when we brand people like Emily as evil.

Yes, what she did seems (is?) evil.

But anyone who isn’t in control of their emotions could have done what she did. To a point, anyway. When we deem the entire person evil, it lets those that need help—and might reach for it if the could imagine themselves in a similar situation—bypass reaching out because they don’t view themselves as a monster.

This idea is in the beginning stages in my brain. I’ll let it marinate and try to articulate it better at another time.

Again—thank you for all you do!!!!

I think it took them a few hours to find Lucas because she took him and dumped him in the middle of the night. So she knew the general area he was, but maybe wasn't 100% sure of where it was. I know for a fact (due to my job) that marijuana wouldn't affect her memory so that she would totally forget where she put him. Maybe if she was on some other drugs or alcohol then she might black out. But my feeling is that she killed him after she came back from OG, found out the LL had spoken to him and realised he was alone, and she got angry. Then under the cover of darkness she took him and dumped him. She would probably know he was somewhere along that road, but it just a while for the PI to find the exact location.

I think someone else dumped him.

Thank you so much for saying this. And thank you and all the searchers who got out there and never gave up! Our people (family) on WS are a very special bunch indeed. My goodness, our searchers and their dedication is amazing! I don't know when I've seen anything like it!
I'm so glad our little man was found, so sad what he endured.
Now let's get those responsible prosecuted to the fullest.
We have your back Batman Lucas!

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )

All the love I can get out right now is heading your way. I am so sorry for your loss.

I want to thank you too. You have been the most amazing, graceful individual, the best advocate for Lucas and the Verified Insider we all needed here. I am not sure that I have ever come across someone quite as graceful and level headed as you, Bethany. Now, while I am sure that all our lives are brighter for having had the chance to get to know you some, I am sorry that all our paths had to cross with yours in this way.

Love and light to you, your family and Little Batman. Just yell up real loud if you needed anything at all.

AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member