Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katherine go to your personal settings. You will see the boxes to check off for what you don’t want alerts on.

I checked everything off with the exception of new post on watched threads. Otherwise you will be bombarded with stuff. The trophies don’t mean anything.

Thank you Gooddeeds, I appreciate.

p.s. Yes, I also was aware trophies mean nothing. ;)

Maybe these dudes?

Isn't this the new group that sings YMCA....

Had to change my "dancing" smilie in the my signature - bouncing around too much! LOL! Hope this is better. I know someone mentioned the movement bothered some people - and that one bothered me!

I'm actually afraid to look at my "Watched Forums"!! I've got so many...

AnaPisces said - Hi BD, when I was Beta testing, I asked about this and was told that members (i.e. not mods etc) do not get to have the custom user titles.

That's not true - mine came over. I have personalized it to "Long Time Websleuther". Guess I'm special!
haha-bom-smiley.gif

I love the new alert feature but I woke up to 94 alerts :eek: There's no way I can read them all and I don't even have "conversations" enabled. I can't imagine if people were private messaging me too!

I'm not complaining though-- most of the alerts seem to be telling me someone liked a post :D

All in all, I am loving this new site. It just will take some getting used to, to get to the point where I can keep up. There seem to be multiple ways to follow a thread here now. That is both good and overwhelming at the same time :p

I got 155 today o_O Serves me right for not checking in throughout the day!

Isn't this the new group that sings YMCA....

Had to change my "dancing" smilie in the my signature - bouncing around too much! LOL! Hope this is better. I know someone mentioned the movement bothered some people - and that one bothered me!

I'm actually afraid to look at my "Watched Forums"!! I've got so many...

AnaPisces said - Hi BD, when I was Beta testing, I asked about this and was told that members (i.e. not mods etc) do not get to have the custom user titles.

That's not true - mine came over. I have personalized it to "Long Time Websleuther". Guess I'm special!
haha-bom-smiley.gif

Niner, I understand that the custom user titles have come over from the old site, but what I meant was that at the time I was testing, we were unable to costuming these so I was told by Admin that we would not be able set new ones over here. Anyway, it's all moot now, as Admin have resolved :)

Last edited:
Wish I could say that. I need a nightmode option. For some reason the white background and the orange everything is driving my eyes crazy and I have had a migraine since yesterday.

If you are on an iPhone or iPad (anything Apple) you can do this by going into "Settings", "Display & Brightness" and then activate "Night Shift".

Okay - you all were talking about the "History" tab so had to check it out. I have a question - why are some of these BOLD and others are not? What does that mean, if anyone knows?

TIA!

Is it only happening to beta testers? (the report post issue)

I have 8 "Reporting..."

I was thinking the same thing.

Well, I just noticed something - when you quote someone your post STAYS on THAT page and not at the end of the thread posts. I just posted a reply on Page 18 and expected to see my post on page 27, which is the last page right now.

What if someone has already read to the end - then they can't see my current post.

Okay - I did not quote anyone and I am on page 20 right now, so will post & see if my post STAYS on page 20 or if it goes to page 27, last page for now.

Okay - you all were talking about the "History" tab so had to check it out. I have a question - why are some of these BOLD and others are not? What does that mean, if anyone knows?

TIA!

I have 8 "Reporting..."

I was thinking the same thing.

I think the bold ones are the unread ones/ones with new posts.

Oh never mind - I looked at the last post # which was 400, and the one I just posted says #527, so guessing it is on page 27, but just on the bottom of page 20 where I left off.

Is that right? LOL!

Well, I just noticed something - when you quote someone your post STAYS on THAT page and not at the end of the thread posts. I just posted a reply on Page 18 and expected to see my post on page 27, which is the last page right now.

What if someone has already read to the end - then they can't see my current post.

Okay - I did not quote anyone and I am on page 20 right now, so will post & see if my post STAYS on page 20 or if it goes to page 27, last page for now.

Yes, you will need to refresh the page for it to end up as the very last post. So will others reading it.

I just checked my history page again and the reported posts for me are for a very small window from 14th - 16th December 2017.

I'm just wondering if it's the same for other people? @Jewels53 and others...

It might help to pin down the source of the glitch for @WS Admin

You are correct - those are the dates on my 8 I have! Good catch!

Can you post a screenshot of what you are looking at
If I hover my mouse over my user name the drop box at the bottom says "update your status"

Also when I click on Personal Details the first box says "Status message"

It's not the same as custom title.

Hello. I am reading all the positive posts about this new forum, but I am not having good luck so far. Maybe it is just my account:

1. When I search for certain cases I know exist, it just says 'No Results Found'
2. When I search for posts made by me, it just says 'No Results Found'
3. When I actually find my old posts using Google, I cannot edit them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Oh one more thing @WS Admin
When you hover over the a page # it used to show you the thread #, you know like 500 to 550. Is there a way to change that so we can see that again?

TIA!

Hello. I am reading all the positive posts about this new forum, but I am not having good luck so far. Maybe it is just my account:

1. When I search for certain cases I know exist, it just says 'No Results Found'
2. When I search for posts made by me, it just says 'No Results Found'
3. When I actually find my old posts using Google, I cannot edit them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

When you begin to search in Websleuths, a drop down box will appear, it will have "Search this forum only" selected. Make sure you are unchecking that box before searching, as it will only search through that one section you are already in. Unchecking the box will allow a search of the whole website.

You can only edit for 1 hour after you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni