GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

Curious, in your opinion (and I know you've followed this closer than anyone), just how involved you think TR actually was, and how much was fabricated.

At this point, I think it's most likely that Aleah was brought to that house by someone else and he was told what to do once she was there. There was a LOT of distraction going on in the first few months of the investigation and I think it's likely that they were trying to figure out what to do with the body and who they could pin it on. Pinning it on the ex-boyfriend didn't work so they kept trying and eventually realized TR was the perfect patsy.

One thing that I don't think was touched on in the trial was why was there a "strong bleach smell," as described by the woman who found Aleah. Did TR pour bleach on the body? Obviously, I haven't heard his "confession" but that wasn't reported in the media that I can recall.

Last edited:
At this point, I think it's most likely that Aleah was brought to that house by someone else and he was told what to do once she was there. There was a LOT of distraction going on in the first few months of the investigation and I think it's likely that they were trying to figure out what to do with the body and who they could pin it on. Pinning it on the ex-boyfriend didn't work so they kept trying and eventually realized TR was the perfect patsy.

One thing that I don't think was touched on in the trial was why was there a "strong bleach smell," as described by the woman who found Aleah. Did TR pour bleach on the body? Obviously, I haven't heard his "confession" but that wasn't reported in the media that I can recall.

RBBM

I agree entirely. And it makes me so angry that (IMO) the real culprit(s) might have gotten exactly what they wanted.

I find it very disturbing that LE and the DA do not intend to continue the investigation without new evidence. I know it’s a long shot, but I hope that a future DA will decide to reopen the case. It’s not about saving face but justice for Aleah.

I also feel that LE and the DA really underestimated the jury’s intelligence in this case. To me personally, what was proposed by the defense attorney as to what might have happened makes much more sense than the DA’s theory.

Why is no one questioning the police investigation of this horrible crime? They are to blame for the shoddy police investigation that led to this man's acquittal. They never believed anyone could have committed the crime except the Mother who they have wrongfully accused, who has been prosecuted and found guilty by social media, period. Instead they focused on the Mother to such a degree they missed vital information at the crime scene, and after being told EXACTLY what happened, they tried to go back and make their findings fit...too late EPD. If it wasn't shoddy investigation because they believed the Mother did it, then it was inexperience by EPD and they better hire in some better investigative talent. I think it is a clear case of the Good Ol Boy's club wearing the Blue and acting like Judge, Jury and Executioner. There is no faith that they followed the evidence, if they had they would have seen what occurred, which is exactly what Roach told them occurred. Instead they did everything they could to try and get this Mother, tried to use other people against her, and almost succeeded, until the body was found. Wild speculation can go on and on in the world of Social Media, but you heard from the "killers" mouth what happened, and whether he meant for her to die or not, he caused her death (murder or manslaughter). Lastly, they are going to let a soon to be full fledged serial killer free to roam Evansville at some point in the near future. BEWARE and follow this creep. Find the Police Reports on Roach that show him in Jan 2017 sneaking into the home of a woman with a stick in his hand. He started with small animals, went to a defenseless human and then onto a more formidable prey...disgusting. The Jury did what they had to do based on poor evidence and that evidence was missed by the EPD because they focused on this Mother and that was it. Take responsibility EPD and learn from it so to keep our town SAFE.

Crime scene photos released:

Aleah Beckerle murder investigation crime scene photos released

Evidence provides inside look into Roach murder trial

My understanding is that the detective re-enacting how Roach said he took Aleah is much taller than him. Definitely does not seem like Roach could have pulled Aleah out of the window like that, IMO.

Lastly, they are going to let a soon to be full fledged serial killer free to roam Evansville at some point in the near future.

I see you're drinking the same kool-aid that Aleah's family is drinking (2 minutes in on this video Aleah's grandma says the same thing, says a "professional" told her he was a serial killer in the making).

Also just found this, an interview with the defense attorney: After the trial: One-on-one with Roach's attorney

Detectives got a confession nine hours into their first interrogation, but Roach changed his story many times. The jury did not see that video.

"He spends about 4 hours saying that he went to Cara Beckerle's home to smoke dope with her. When he got there she told him that Aleah Beckerle had died. He tells that story for about 4 hours then he begins to change the story at the end of that. Then he gives that second statement. If I would have put him on the witness stand all he could have said the same thing and the jury already heard it," says Grampp.

My understanding is that the detective re-enacting how Roach said he took Aleah is much taller than him. Definitely does not seem like Roach could have pulled Aleah out of the window like that, IMO.

I agree. From the first time I heard it, I have never bought the story that he pulled her out of that skinny little window.

From the very beginning when the cousin/aunt (whoever she was) of Aleah and her girlfriend and another guy beat the snot out of that guy trying to force him into making a false confession... it's always looked like someone's trying really hard to cover up what really happened.

And it's not like these folks are Mensa material. I mean, the drug use is WELL documented, so how they've managed to keep the truth hidden this long, is mind boggling.

From the very beginning when the cousin/aunt (whoever she was) of Aleah and her girlfriend and another guy beat the snot out of that guy trying to force him into making a false confession... it's always looked like someone's trying really hard to cover up what really happened.

And it's not like these folks are Mensa material. I mean, the drug use is WELL documented, so how they've managed to keep the truth hidden this long, is mind boggling.

Yeah, I definitely think those two women were far more involved than just the beating. I also never quite understood why the two women got no jail time (just probation) but the man who participated got a year in prison. It's not like they were first time offenders, they all have a lot of criminal history. It's bizarre.

And why did the police so quickly believe that the homeless man was being coerced to confess and yet they took Roach's confession as fact? Is it just because it took Roach so long to "confess" or something else? I just don't get it.

Lead detective summarizes Roach murder trial

What I would like to know is whether EPD tested the toy box for DNA. If Roach did take Aleah through that window, wouldn't there be DNA evidence on the toy box? Supposedly they tested the window but there was a mixture of DNA so they couldn't get a match for Roach. I wonder if the toy box had the same issue? I still don't buy that he took Aleah, at least not alone.

I also wonder if Aleah's shirt had any evidence that he "laid her down in the backyard" before getting her in his truck. If not, then that's a clear hole in his story. And if it did show that, did they tell the jury that? My guess is that it did not have any evidence she was ever laid down in the grass.

I know a lot of photos were released by the media, but I'd love to see the full list of items tested for DNA and their results. I can read some in videos posted by the media but only snippets here and there and some are too blurry to read.

Why is no one questioning the police investigation of this horrible crime? They are to blame for the shoddy police investigation that led to this man's acquittal. They never believed anyone could have committed the crime except the Mother who they have wrongfully accused, who has been prosecuted and found guilty by social media, period. Instead they focused on the Mother to such a degree they missed vital information at the crime scene, and after being told EXACTLY what happened, they tried to go back and make their findings fit...too late EPD. If it wasn't shoddy investigation because they believed the Mother did it, then it was inexperience by EPD and they better hire in some better investigative talent. I think it is a clear case of the Good Ol Boy's club wearing the Blue and acting like Judge, Jury and Executioner. There is no faith that they followed the evidence, if they had they would have seen what occurred, which is exactly what Roach told them occurred. Instead they did everything they could to try and get this Mother, tried to use other people against her, and almost succeeded, until the body was found. Wild speculation can go on and on in the world of Social Media, but you heard from the "killers" mouth what happened, and whether he meant for her to die or not, he caused her death (murder or manslaughter). Lastly, they are going to let a soon to be full fledged serial killer free to roam Evansville at some point in the near future. BEWARE and follow this creep. Find the Police Reports on Roach that show him in Jan 2017 sneaking into the home of a woman with a stick in his hand. He started with small animals, went to a defenseless human and then onto a more formidable prey...disgusting. The Jury did what they had to do based on poor evidence and that evidence was missed by the EPD because they focused on this Mother and that was it. Take responsibility EPD and learn from it so to keep our town SAFE.

In his own words...he ONLY looked at the Mother and those close to her, trying to force a confession from them...shameful, I understand he believed she did it, but the police are supposed to look at everything without bias so that they can see what they are not able too see when they have already made up their minds. In his own words, he made a mistake and ruined this Mother's and her friends and family lives. I can only say, that Melton at least apologized to the Mother, and as he said in his story God answered this poor Mother's prayer. Leave this Mother alone now and all of those close to her, let them grieve, show some grace and stop your nonsense and conspiracy theories, honestly, it is just sad.

In his own words...he ONLY looked at the Mother and those close to her, trying to force a confession from them...shameful, I understand he believed she did it, but the police are supposed to look at everything without bias so that they can see what they are not able too see when they have already made up their minds. In his own words, he made a mistake and ruined this Mother's and her friends and family lives. I can only say, that Melton at least apologized to the Mother, and as he said in his story God answered this poor Mother's prayer. Leave this Mother alone now and all of those close to her, let them grieve, show some grace and stop your nonsense and conspiracy theories, honestly, it is just sad.

The very well documented, public information about the rampant drug use in this family, and criminal activity within this family, and associations with criminals and drug users/dealers... is what ruined this family. They didn't need anyone's assistance. CB may not have been found guilty of anything associated with the death of poor Aleah, but only a blind person could possibly say that her connections and associations had nothing to do with it. No conspiracy theories, just the facts.

Court releases police interview and jail phone call used as evidence in Roach trial
"The evidence played for the jury in the trial of Terrence Roach was released on Friday. Roach was found not guilty on three counts of murder in the case, but he was found guilty of criminal confinement and abuse of a corpse. Roach was accused by police of kidnapping and killing Aleah Beckerle in July 2016. He was also found not guilty of charges of burglary and kidnapping."
Court releases police interview and jail phone call used as evidence in Roach trial

Wednesday, June 27th:
*Final Disposition Hearing/Sentencing (@ 1:30pm CT) - IN - Aleah Beckerle (19) disabled (July 16, 2016) - Terrence Wayne Roach indicted (7/17/16) with murder, 2 counts of felony murder, burglary w/bodily harm, criminal confinement, abuse of corpse & kidnapping from home & taken to abandoned home; plead not guilty; no bond.
5/23/18 Verdict: On Count 1, Murder: The Jury finds Roach not guilty.
On Count 2, Murder: The Jury finds Roach not guilty.
On Count 3, Murder: The Jury finds Roach not guilty.
On Count 4, Burglary w/ Serious Bodily Injury: The Jury finds Roach not guilty.
On Count 5, Criminal Confinement Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury: The Jury finds Roach guilty.
On Count 6, Kidnapping w/ Serious Bodily Injury: The Jury finds Roach not guilty.
On Count 7, Abuse of a Corpse: The Jury finds Roach guilty.
The only 2 charges roach is found guilty of is criminal confinement resulting in Serious Bodily Injury and abuse of a corpse.
Roach will remain in the Vanderburgh Co. Jail without bond for now. He is set back in court for a final deposition on June 27th.

Former county prosecutor challenges Hermann in Terrence Roach trial

I thought this was pretty interesting. The former prosecutor is running for office again and he is calling out the terrible job the prosecutor did on this case. I agree with him, the whole trial was rushed. I still don't agree that TR is guilty of murder (based on the evidence presented) but the way that it was rushed probably didn't help the prosecution very much. The jury deliberated longer than evidence was presented which says a lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back