Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t the FBI look at the captains computer or flight simulator? Didn’t they declare there was nothing of interest on it?

60 Minutes was just pointing fingers. I didn’t learn anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're correct.
Nothing of interest was found on the pilot's simulator or computer.
IMO, he wasn't the perpetrator anyways.

If the flaps were in the extended position, is there any way they could have become in that position on their own somehow?

"We would call that a controlled ditching into the water. And the only way that could happen is if somebody was flying the airplane. In particular, if somebody selected the flaps to be in the extended position."

If the flaps were in the extended position, is there any way they could have become in that position on their own somehow?

"We would call that a controlled ditching into the water. And the only way that could happen is if somebody was flying the airplane. In particular, if somebody selected the flaps to be in the extended position."

Great question I wish member emirates1947 was here to answer.

I have been sporadically following this since it happened.. can't believe they haven't found it yet.. this is the first time I have heard that the pilot ordered 2 extra hours of fuel?? When did that come to be known, and how/by whom, etc? Thx!

"Vance said he can't say for certain if the pilot or co-pilot was the perpetrator, although it's his belief that it's more likely Shah was responsible because he had ordered two extra hours of fuel"

Was it ever reported as to the contents of the deleted files from Shah's home simulator?

"Other authorities cited by the Times said records were deleted more than a month before the flight vanished, and the FBI is now moving to assist in the search for records from the flight simulator."

Was it ever reported as to the contents of the deleted files from Shah's home simulator?

"Other authorities cited by the Times said records were deleted more than a month before the flight vanished, and the FBI is now moving to assist in the search for records from the flight simulator."

Wow. Hoping and praying MAS370 is found soon.

How does the location of these white objects seen in photos after the disappearance, relate to the location of other items found, ie the flaperon? I find it so hard to believe that at the time when these items were seen, they were just disregarded due to their thoughts on location; with it being such a huge mystery of worldwide interest - why would they not have just investigated it fully, regardless? Seems so disappointing now to have to go back to something they were aware of so quickly. moo.

"French satellite images first seen in March 2014, a week or so after the plane disappeared, showed white objects in this same area, at 35S.

At the time the objects were dismissed as unimportant.

Other photos had showed similar "blobs" elsewhere in the southern Indian Ocean, many of which were later ruled out as shipping containers, general ocean rubbish or even pods of dolphins.

The French photos were also of poor quality, making it almost impossible to see what the objects were.

But as other evidence began to point further north — the results of the CSIRO drift study and the discovery of more debris linked to the missing plane — investigators suddenly remembered the satellite images.

They asked the French for better copies. And only then did they realise the photos were more significant than first thought.

"When anyone looks at them you think, if they're not bits of plane, what are they? Because for lots of those other objects you can find an explanation, but for these you can't," Dr Griffin said.

The drift analysis included retrospective calculations to gauge where the objects might have been in the hours after MH370 disappeared. And sure enough, it was around 35S, the new zone where Ocean Infinity is preparing to search."

If the experts are saying it did not crash into the ocean, but was instead a controlled landing.. which is based on:

"Mr Hardy argued that if MH370 had indeed spiralled out of control in a death dive, more debris would have been discovered. This was backed up by veteran air crash investigator Larry Vance, who told 60 Minutes the discovery of the flaperon from the right wing of the plane proved it was a controlled landing. "

Then would that determination change if it was confirmed that those 'white objects' did indeed belong to MH370, since then more debris *would* have been discovered?

"French satellite images first seen in March 2014, a week or so after the plane disappeared, showed white objects in this same area, at 35S.

If the pilot deliberately caused this, then what could his possible motivation be to want to: ""He took an airplane and made it disappear so that nobody could ever find where it went and nobody would find it ever." "??

It has obviously been seen before where a pilot has deliberately killed his passengers because he was depressed and mentally ill.. but.. why, in addition, would there be a desire to make it disappear so that nobody could ever find it??? Would that have something to do with insurance payout for his family or something?? Or 'just because he *could*'?? Or just to go down in history as the pilot of the world's largest missing aircraft mystery??? To protect his and his family's reputations if he thought he couldn't be accused if they could never find the plane?? Or.. ??? Thoughts?

Which is it, they were up or down? We heard they were hot wet for landing but now the show said it was?

Which is it, they were up or down? We heard they were hot wet for landing but now the show said it was?

Stupid spell check!
Should have said, they told us the flaperon wasn't extended for landing yet the show said it was. Which is it?

How does the location of these white objects seen in photos after the disappearance, relate to the location of other items found, ie the flaperon? I find it so hard to believe that at the time when these items were seen, they were just disregarded due to their thoughts on location; with it being such a huge mystery of worldwide interest - why would they not have just investigated it fully, regardless? Seems so disappointing now to have to go back to something they were aware of so quickly. moo.

At the time the objects were dismissed as unimportant.

Other photos had showed similar "blobs" elsewhere in the southern Indian Ocean, many of which were later ruled out as shipping containers, general ocean rubbish or even pods of dolphins.

The French photos were also of poor quality, making it almost impossible to see what the objects were.

But as other evidence began to point further north — the results of the CSIRO drift study and the discovery of more debris linked to the missing plane — investigators suddenly remembered the satellite images.

They asked the French for better copies. And only then did they realise the photos were more significant than first thought.

"When anyone looks at them you think, if they're not bits of plane, what are they? Because for lots of those other objects you can find an explanation, but for these you can't," Dr Griffin said.

The drift analysis included retrospective calculations to gauge where the objects might have been in the hours after MH370 disappeared. And sure enough, it was around 35S, the new zone where Ocean Infinity is preparing to search."

MH370: Evidence points to Malaysia Airlines wreck being at 35 degrees south in Indian Ocean

Flaperon floating in water Posted 11 Jan 2018, 1:57pm
The recovered aircraft flaperon suggests the pilot was not in control when the aircraft crashed.

FlaperonFloating8461802-3x2-940x627.jpg

(First post in the new WS)

Weekly Update #17 May 22 2018

They are in the middle of the blue Site 4.

Total area covered in Site 1, Site 2 and Site 3 is 88,200 sq kilometers
and 8,000 square kilometers in Site 4.

Weather and sea conditions expected to be moderate for the week ahead but will not affect search operations.

Kevin's dropbox link -https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztoa92962ium5ux/MH370%20Search%20Weekly%20Report%2017_English.pdf?dl=0

Malaysia's new prime minister-elect has announced he is not ruling out further searches for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Anwar Ibrahim, 70, who won the country's election just weeks after being pardoned by the king and released from jail, said there are too many questions that have not been answered on MH370.

'Was it a failure of the system? Was it a failure of those monitoring the system or was it an intention to ignore or cover up?' he told The Australian.

Read more: MH370: Anwar Ibrahim says he's not ruling out further searches | Daily Mail Online

Sadly, it appears that if the plane isn't located in the next five days, it probably never will be. I can't imagine anyone else will put forth the money to conduct another search.

Tragically I don’t think the plane will ever be found. I cannot imagine how the families of those who died must feel it must be a living nightmare for them.

Tragically I don’t think the plane will ever be found. I cannot imagine how the families of those who died must feel it must be a living nightmare for them.

See, I don't understand this.

Many, many planes have gone down in the past, usually in the ocean, but also on land, and have never been recovered. Ships have gone down from time immemorial, there was never an expectation that bodies would be recovered, unless they surfaced on their own.

Clearly, the plane went into the ocean and no one survived. Why is it a 'living nightmare' to know your loved one died in a plane crash in the Indian Ocean? Would having murky underwater photos of what might be a plane make any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member