IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

Some social media posts have been removed.

Please read The Rules:

Excerpt from Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

•Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
•Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
•Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

:wave:

Still missing:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...num-king-walker-tips-0202-20180201-story.html

The Indiana State Police are again seeking tips to try to find two people who went missing from Gary more than two years ago, according to a spokeswoman.

"There have been no new tips, leads or developments in months," Sgt. Ann Wojas said.
Below is a flyer from the Indiana Center for Missing and Exploited Children with an age progression picture on King Walker who would now be four-years old.
509670dbbccc287bbbbaced76ae46661.jpg

Task force investigating Gary woman, nephew disappearance

The Northwest Indiana Major Crimes Task Force is now investigating the disappearance of Diamond Bynum, 22, and her nephew King Walker, 3, who vanished 15 months ago.

[....]

“Investigators strongly believe that someone knows what happened to Diamond and King, and more importantly, where they are at right now. We are counting on information from the public to help us find them,” said Robert Byrd, the Major Crimes Task Force spokesperson.

[....]

About time!! It's awful how little has been done on this case, certainly media-wise it's just never got "out there" anywhere near as much as others. I suspect this is because the police always suspected something closer to home, therefore public info is not needed. Perhaps they've just been watching and waiting, yet it's still come to nothing. Time for some serious pressure...

Task force investigating Gary woman, nephew disappearance

The Northwest Indiana Major Crimes Task Force is now investigating the disappearance of Diamond Bynum, 22, and her nephew King Walker, 3, who vanished 15 months ago.

[....]

“Investigators strongly believe that someone knows what happened to Diamond and King, and more importantly, where they are at right now. We are counting on information from the public to help us find them,” said Robert Byrd, the Major Crimes Task Force spokesperson.

[....]

I can't access the article due to country restrictions. I remember a headline similar to that a long time ago, though. And the text says they vanished 15 months ago. At this time it's actually one month shy of three years.

Three years ago, Diamond Bynum and nephew King Walker disappeared without a trace

Bynum, 21 at the time and described as developmentally disabled, and her nephew went missing July 25, 2015, from their home in the 500 block of Matthews Street.

Bynum's stepmother told Gary police she, Bynum and King took a nap at their home. When she awoke about 11 a.m., Bynum and King were gone.

Live PD, a national television show on the A&E network, highlighted the case on July 14, with hopes of generating tips, according to a news release from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

28 inches long (tall) and 15 lbs is very tiny. I think, too tiny for a 2 year old. I think IME a 2-yr-old would weigh 25-35 lbs. (Unless, and I hate to even say this, some of the remains were burned and the weight would've been more. I see the remains were found in a fire, also). The clothes do look like little girls' clothing.

Thank you for taking the time to check NAMUS for this precious little boy. I shudder to think who this child might be, if not King. What happened to this child in IL?

This story has been fishy from the beginning, at least to me. It makes little sense an intellectually disabled adult and a two year would just walk away while their caregiver took a nap, never to be seen again.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back