Identified! CA - Sacramento, BlkFem 328UFCA, 16-30, burned in dumpster, Jun'01 - Parrean Gray

I am certain there is a chance in identifying this woman now that her race has been cleared up. I wonder if isotope isotope testing has been done on her yet. The results of one could help in determining where investigators (and us) can really start looking.

I looked at NamUs, and like CValdez, I can’t find any African American women that went missing around that time that was the appx. Age as the SJD in California. I saw 3 women on there, and ruled them out because of age and height. I think it would be safe to say checking into other states of close proximity would be good (Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona).

no, that girl was a local of the small town I grew up in. no telling where the bf was from though.

Memphis and Atlanta are huge hubs. they probably curve back up that way after crossing east.

Interesting. I know I've read that girls from here in New England are often trafficked to the south, Atlanta and Memphis in particular.

Did the girl you're talking about come from one of those areas? I'm wondering whether it would be useful to check those states first for this unidentified girl.

it goes seattle down to sac then the bay or fresno, to LA then on over to phoenix then Albuquerque, then dallas and then nola on to FL. I once had a young female inmate w a pimp bf and she had arrests in almost all of those cities.

it goes in other parts as well obviously.

Related info- I met a girl who was primarily trafficking drugs from Southern California to Seattle WA........ This was 15 years back & I avoided her after I realized she wasn't about improving her life.

Just sharing because this Unidentified young lady might have been killed so violently over misplaced or stolen drugs. Back in the early 2000s transactions were person to person & done quite rapidly. (Don't ask how I know.) Nowadays GPS & social media makes drug dealing much easier. (This is kind of why you see so many self styled suburban teen "dealer/rappers." Decades ago you had to be much more streetwise to deal.)

Just my thoughts. There is a chance this Doe has some relatives who would be willing to submit DNA & the mystery can be solved, or at least part of her mystery. So tragic.

New Sketch Released Of 2001 Sacramento Cold Case Homicide Victim

Capture.JPG

Using new technology, police are trying to solve a cold case homicide from 2001.

The Sacramento Police Department says the remains of a woman were found after a dumpster fire near 18th Avenue and Power Inn Road back on June 29, 2001. Initial autopsy results revealed that the remains were likely that of a woman in her late teens to mid-twenties.

Has Shimulla Parker been suggested? Missing Person Case
Shimulla Parker – The Charley Project

shimulla_parker_1.jpg
Original

18 years old missing from Florida since 2000. Height is 61 inches vs UID height of 60 inches. I think her face looks very similar to the DNA recon. The UID reportedly had her nose broken previously. Shimulla's file doens't say anything about a broken nose but she has a slight bend in her nose that may indicate it was previously broken (JMO). Might be a long shot because she disappeared from FL and UID was found in CA. There is not much info on Shimulla's case. Here is here thread: Shimulla Parker (18) - Deltona FL, 2000

(If anyone would like to submit please go ahead, I'm only suggesting here, Thanks)

This is one of those cases I cannot leave be. Please help police solve the 2001 torture murder of a young unidentified African American female, who was possibly biracial or a very light skinned African American. This victim was murdered in the worst possible way. Someone has gotten away with murder for 17 years.

Victim: Unknown name
Remains found: June 19, 2001
Cause of death: Burned alive. Her killer thought he had asphixiated her, but soot and burns were found in her lungs.
State of remains: Charred
Location of body: Found where she was killed (metal trash container in industrial park in Sacramento, California on 18th Ave.)
She had perfect teeth. Someone spent a lot of money on her mouth. Obviously, this girl was cared for.
5'6", 90 lbs.
16-40 years old
Dark eyes, although there was a tad of European ancestry.
Shoulder length straight dark hair
Button common to young people's denim jacket or jeans. *I'm unsure if STRUCTURE was still exclusive to men's fashion in 2001. Maybe she borrowed it from a boyfriend, brother, roommate, etc. Could have come from thrift store
Tiny amount of freckles
Post mortem interval five hours

Police questioned all employees of company using dumpster.

She had perfect teeth. Someone spent a lot of money on her mouth. Obviously, this girl was cared for.
5'6", 90 lbs.
16-40 years old

Using 28 (the midpoint of the age range) as a basis for calculation, her BMI was 14.5 which is seriously underweight. She had either fallen onto very hard times in the months before her death or maybe she was being held captive somewhere.

The Sacramento Bee: Woman found dead in Sacramento dumpster fire identified with DNA nearly 2 decades later
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article237814674.html
https://apps.sacpd.org/Releases/liveview.aspx?reference=20191126-146
Her name is Perrean Gray.

Now nearly two decades after Perrean Gray’s charred body was discovered in a south Sacramento dumpster, Sacramento police investigators hope the critical DNA lead that at long last identified the woman in recent days will point them to the person or people responsible for her death.

Sacramento police officials on Tuesday set the grim scene for Gray’s death at 20 years old. It was early June 29, 2001, 5 a.m., when a Sacramento Fire Department crew was called to a blaze in the 7900 block of 18th Avenue. The Dumpster was fully engulfed. Inside was a woman’s body.

Sacramento police launched a death investigation that over the years turned cold.

But Sacramento homicide investigators turned to a private genealogy laboratory which positively identified the woman as Gray. More investigation revealed that Gray was reported a missing person in San Francisco . . .

NamUs #MP54286: Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

CA - Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray, 20's, Oakland or San Franciso, abt 2007
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-perrean-tamar-flennaugh-gray-20s-oakland-or-san-franciso-abt-2007.459311/

Date of Last Contact
June 1, 2001

Circumstances of Disappearance
Perrean left home at the age of 17. Over the years she has been seen one time by her mother when a family member was in the hospital. Family friends have reported seeing her in the San Francisco and Oakland area. In 2003 she was assaulted by a boyfriend in San Francisco. She was hospitalized, he was arrested. She did not show up in court and the boyfriend was released. Last sighting was approximately 2007 where she was seen driving in the Oakland area. There has been no activity on her ssn, and all database hits are dated. There is a possibility that she may have been in the Las Vegas area. Last known addresses were Foothill Blvd and 39th Avenue in Oakland, CA.

Another reminder not to read MP casefiles too literally. Where did the 2003 hospitalization and 2007 sighting come from? Ms. Gray died within a month of her official date of last contact in 2001.

Body burned in dumpster fire 18 years ago has been identified through DNA

perrean-gray.png

A woman found in a dumpster burned beyond recognition nearly 20 years ago was identified through DNA evidence Monday, according to the Sacramento Police Department.

The victim has been identified as Perrean Gray, who was 25 years old when she went missing in San Francisco in 2001, according to officials.

Gray's body was found in a dumpster, engulfed in flames on 18th Avenue near Power Inn Road around 5 a.m. on June 29, 2001.

Body burned in dumpster fire 18 years ago has been identified through DNA

Edit to add: Some articles stating she was 25 and others that she was 20.

Do you know how to combine the threads?

I have just alerted mods to merge both threads. Please in the future do click on the report button (under the post) and send message to moderator. Without alert it will not be seen or done.

NamUs #MP54286: Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

CA - Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray, 20's, Oakland or San Franciso, abt 2007
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-perrean-tamar-flennaugh-gray-20s-oakland-or-san-franciso-abt-2007.459311/

Another reminder not to read MP casefiles too literally. Where did the 2003 hospitalization and 2007 sighting come from? Ms. Gray died within a month of her official date of last contact in 2001.

For some weird reason both links sent me to her NamUs page and not her WS thread.

Anyway, here is link to her websleuths thread - CA - CA - Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray, 20's, Oakland or San Franciso, abt 2007

First thing that struck me about the 2003 assault and hospitalisation is that someone may have been been falsely using her identity. I guess that is a question only LE can answer. If that was the case, it would lead to more questions I guess, since that would mean the woman who was hospitalised possibly knew of Perrean's fate.

RIP Perrean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back