MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

I am not sure how to quote a previous post in the new format, but I would be happy to print some of Paul's missing posters and take them to the Bozeman Public Library. The only reason I haven't done this before now was out of deference to and respect for Paul's family and friends. I do not in any way want to hamper an investigation or cause them any additional grief during this time of uncertainty and stress.

Maybe a friend or family member could PM me and just let me know that it would be OK with them to hang some posters? I would of course ask at the reference desk about procedure.
I checked with Paul’s oldest son and he would greatly appreciate your doing so!!! I told him to consider it done. Thank you!!!

Someone said that Paul's friends and family have gone quiet. We are friends and are still reading your messages. We think of Paul's family many times a day and hope for the best. We keep checking the news and there never seems to be an update.

Thanks very much for posting a flyer in Bozeman.

Earlier someone asked if Paul was a city or rural carrier. He lives in Batavia and works in St. Charles, IL. Both of these towns are western suburbs of Chicago and would be considered city. There is a lot of interest from people his age in moving out of state. The tax burden is high and it is not a place you want to retire in. Most people stay because of family, but if his kids were out west, it makes sense he would want to transfer there.

I can't believe there haven't been any new leads.

Earlier someone asked if Paul was a city or rural carrier. He lives in Batavia and works in St. Charles, IL. Both of these towns are western suburbs of Chicago and would be considered city. There is a lot of interest from people his age in moving out of state. The tax burden is high and it is not a place you want to retire in. Most people stay because of family, but if his kids were out west, it makes sense he would want to transfer there.

I can't believe there haven't been any new leads.

That was me! I am a rural carrier. We have both city and rural in my office. I deliver to the outskirts of town. Of course I’m in a small town in Texas. I’m not too far away from San Antonio, which is huge, and they have rural carriers too. I was guessing that he was a city carrier but I knew it as soon as I found out it was a walking route. Rural carriers don’t walk.

Another poster had said to search every exit in between Bozeman and Reed Point and I agree. I’m so glad to hear that someone is going to put up posters at the library. I wish we could get some put up along the route to Reed Point.

I am not sure how to quote a previous post in the new format, but I would be happy to print some of Paul's missing posters and take them to the Bozeman Public Library. The only reason I haven't done this before now was out of deference to and respect for Paul's family and friends. I do not in any way want to hamper an investigation or cause them any additional grief during this time of uncertainty and stress.

Maybe a friend or family member could PM me and just let me know that it would be OK with them to hang some posters? I would of course ask at the reference desk about procedure.

You are truly a wonderful person! I am sure his friends and family are grateful for your efforts in this.

I’m a newbie on this site. However, the absence of recent media coverage, few if any missing posters, no reward, and lack of a FB page dedicated to finding Paul seems very peculiar. Sadly the chance of finding him seems slimmer everyday in light of the deafening silence. Why??

I’m a newbie on this site. However, the absence of recent media coverage, few if any missing posters, no reward, and lack of a FB page dedicated to finding Paul seems very peculiar. Sadly the chance of finding him seems slimmer everyday in light of the deafening silence. Why??

Welcome! I agree with you. It appears to me that it’s thought to be self harm or something of that sort by both LE and family. Very sad. I hope and pray that there is some kind of closure for the family. Paul, you are dearly loved and missed!!!

Welcome! I agree with you. It appears to me that it’s thought to be self harm or something of that sort by both LE and family. Very sad. I hope and pray that there is some kind of closure for the family. Paul, you are dearly loved and missed!!!

Many have done self harm to themselves but did have FB search groups and pages to try and help family find their missing loved ones. I don't know if it would help Paul's family, but it might be something for them to consider. Plus, folks can share flyers online everywhere- their own FB pages, Twitter, etc. Never know, there could be someone out there that saw something that they didn't think important at the time and don't know that Paul is missing, so they didn't obviously call it in.

Anyhow, hoping Paul is found soon. Strength and prayers to his family and friends. How awful to have a loved one missing and not know what happened, at the very least.

Really wishing info on Paul (TV news spots or articles/fliers up in key locations) was going out especially on this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is a prime opportunity to get the word out because more people are out and about -- celebrating/grilling out, congregating, talking -- and venturing out to areas -- hiking, camping, fishing, etc. Someone may see something related to him, or talk amongst themselves and remember something significant.

This is a good weekend to spread the word!

I checked with Paul’s oldest son and he would greatly appreciate your doing so!!! I told him to consider it done. Thank you!!!

Given how remote this area is, it might also be useful to have leaflets delivered with the mail by the local posties. People in outlying areas may not come into town from one week to another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back