GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

Why do we suppose he wasn't charged with the attempted murder of the baby and child? It seems a bit contradictory that it could be attempted murder of VC but not all three in the house.

It's even more confusing that the jury wasn't unanimous on the endangerment charge. I do wonder if the dissenting 2 thought to themselves that if the CPS weren't sure he also attempted to murder the children, how could they be sure he meant to endanger them. It may have been a case of them thinking the charge was wrong.

I also wonder if the CPS didn't charge attempted murder of the children because it would have been hard to show a motive, and his follow up plan didn't include the children.

I found that odd re not being charged with attempted murder of his children - and also strange that 2 Jurors could think him not culpable.
On the one hand, I can see a case for the CPS not putting in the charge for the children, as the second murder attempt did not include them.

But on the other hand, charging him with it would surely have shown an even stronger case against him, in that he was willing to sacrifice their lives also to achieve his aims.

Oh my, I better not comment on that article. :eek:

And she really ought not to waste her time trying to get answers from him in jail. She still thinks he would tell her the truth after everything she knows now about him, including the hidden children, wives, girlfriends and debts.

"What the hell? Why?" Brave mum whose parachute was sabotaged by her sex-crazed husband vows to confront him in jail
Former Army captain Victoria Cilliers, 42, who survived the 4,000ft plunge, has spoken out saying she wants answers from philandering husband Emile, 38

Mum whose parachute was sabotaged by her husband vows to confront him in jail

Really words fail me. I waver between feeling extremely sorry for VC and wondering why she is so very blinkered re this man.
I appreciate that no one wants to believe that a person you met, fell in love with and married can do something so horrendous to you ( and your children ) but she seems to have ignored many of the warning signs during their marriage.

This line in particular stood out

She goes on: “I knew there was stuff – other women on chat sites he contacted and I had seen messages on his laptop.

In my world, that's a bit more than * stuff *....

Also, blaming the other women.
Yes, they were not particularly decent human beings to get themselves involved with a married man, knowing also that his wife was pregnant, and staying in contact even after his wife had suffered an horrendous accident. But their actions do not in any way excuse his.

I am not entirely sure how to do the new PM system - Conversations - but have sent a note to both of you

The thing is - could this affect his sentence? Isn't the judge going to ask her for an impact statement? Wth will she put in that?

I have faith in the judge and the system in that I don't think the impact statement can work so that a deluded victim makes the crime less heinous. I think/hope it is about the impact on her life of what has been done to her.

At heart, Hare’s test is simple: a list of 20 criteria, each given a score of 0 (if it doesn’t apply to the person), 1 (if it partially applies) or 2 (if it fully applies). The list in full is: glibness and superficial charm, grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, cunning/manipulative, lack of remorse, emotional shallowness, callousness and lack of empathy, unwillingness to accept responsibility for actions, a tendency to boredom, a parasitic lifestyle, a lack of realistic long-term goals, impulsivity, irresponsibility, lack of behavioural control, behavioural problems in early life, juvenile delinquency, criminal versatility, a history of “revocation of conditional release” (ie broken parole), multiple marriages, and promiscuous sexual behaviour. A pure, prototypical psychopath would score 40.

A score of 30 or more qualifies for a diagnosis of psychopathy.

How to spot a psychopath

Shall we tick them off? I think I get to 32, because I don't know anything about early life, juvenile delinquency, criminal versatility or broken parole.

Just been having a read through the article - fascinating.

This line stood out.

A 2008 study that asked participants to remember virtual characters found that those who scored highly for psychopathy had a near perfect recognition for sad, unsuccessful females, but impaired memory for other characters.)

Just been having a read through the article - fascinating.

This line stood out.

A 2008 study that asked participants to remember virtual characters found that those who scored highly for psychopathy had a near perfect recognition for sad, unsuccessful females, but impaired memory for other characters.)

VC is a Captain - higher rank than her husband. I think he is the unsuccessful one, always scrounging money - and now sitting in jail where he belongs. I hope she comes to her senses and divorces him.

Victoria has doubts about his guilt. She had a huge investment in the marriage, giving him money to pay off debts, and had two children with him. She acknowledged that she'd considered suicide herself so was feeling very unhappy in the marriage. She sabotaged the first trial too. Seems she has real difficulties believing that he cared so little for her and the children. She presumably believes that someone interfered with her parachute, who else could it have been?

Hmmm. She had considered suicide so I am surprised that didn't give some doubt to the jury.
Victoria has doubts about his guilt. She had a huge investment in the marriage, giving him money to pay off debts, and had two children with him. She acknowledged that she'd considered suicide herself so was feeling very unhappy in the marriage. She sabotaged the first trial too. Seems she has real difficulties believing that he cared so little for her and the children. She presumably believes that someone interfered with her parachute, who else could it have been?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back