Found Deceased CANADA - Ben Kilmer, 41, Cowichan, 16 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search continues for Ben Kilmer, man missing from Vancouver Island

Kilmer’s work van was found abandoned in the Cowichan Valley on Wednesday, with its engine still running.
d7cff5850e8b5eebd46e81e15d3dff9a.jpg

Volunteers from a number of search and rescue teams in the Cowichan Valley worked until 11 p.m. Thursday night and will begin again this morning, searching for Ben Kilmer. Friends from Victoria arrived at the base early Friday morning, anxious to help.

“The search has been expanded and they’ll be going back over some of the area previously covered,” Cowichan SAR manager Patty Abbott said at about 6:30 Friday morning, as she awaited the arrival of an RCMP search dog and more volunteers.

Kilmer, 41, was last seen on Wednesday afternoon but mysteriously disappeared. His work van was found on Lake Cowichan Road on the outskirts of Duncan.

The RCMP were called to investigate the van, as it had been parked on the side of the road with its motor running, but no sign of the driver.

[...]

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Benjamin Kilmer, contact the North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP at 250-748-5522 or if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
e7a64ffb51a71870e98cd0b053f8455e.jpg

Article: https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/...ben-kilmer-man-missing-from-vancouver-island/
Cowichan Community Policing and Crime Prevention https://www.facebook.com/CowichanCommunityPolicingAndCrimePrevention/posts/2488270531190446

UPDATE: Blood found in missing man’s vehicle

Search teams were coming and going at a steady rate, Friday morning, from the Cowichan Search and Rescue Command Centre.
117d81e7d77e633fa8051e486890f25f.jpg

As of 2 p.m. on Friday 41-year-old father and husband Ben Kilmer had not been found.

Cowichan Search and Rescue manager Tina Phillips confirmed blood was discovered inside the electrician’s vehicle, which had been found parked but still running on Wednesday afternoon.

“I understand there was some blood inside the vehicle. Other than that the police are investigating all leads,” Phillips noted. “Nothing to us to indicate a struggle.”

Phillips said teams from around the Island will continue to scour private properties in the rural area of Cowichan Lake Road, where Kilmer’s car was found, for at least the remainder of the day before the search area is broadened.

[...]

Video at link: https://www.cowichanvalleycitizen.com/news/update-blood-found-in-missing-mans-vehicle/

UPDATE: Blood found in missing man’s vehicle

Search teams were coming and going at a steady rate, Friday morning, from the Cowichan Search and Rescue Command Centre.
117d81e7d77e633fa8051e486890f25f.jpg

As of 2 p.m. on Friday 41-year-old father and husband Ben Kilmer had not been found.

Cowichan Search and Rescue manager Tina Phillips confirmed blood was discovered inside the electrician’s vehicle, which had been found parked but still running on Wednesday afternoon.

“I understand there was some blood inside the vehicle. Other than that the police are investigating all leads,” Phillips noted. “Nothing to us to indicate a struggle.”

Phillips said teams from around the Island will continue to scour private properties in the rural area of Cowichan Lake Road, where Kilmer’s car was found, for at least the remainder of the day before the search area is broadened.

[...]

Video at link: https://www.cowichanvalleycitizen.com/news/update-blood-found-in-missing-mans-vehicle/
This doesn't sound good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Search resumes in Cowichan Valley for missing man

A massive search resumed in the Cowichan Valley this morning for a missing 41-year-old man.

Cowichan Search and Rescue said teams from across Vancouver Island were expected to join the hunt for Benjamin John Kilmer of Cobble Hill.

[...]

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP at 250-748-5522 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

This is local to me. The Facebook page for the volunteer search has info from one or more psychics who have been in touch with his wife. She is organizing searches in different areas from the SAR teams, based on the images the psychic has described. I can totally understand her feeling of desperation and wanting to cling to any clue, but I hope this does not compromise the professional search efforts. I think the search page is okay to post here, as it is being widely publicized by family and friends. The page is called "Find Ben Kilmer".

The "Find Ben Kilmer" FB page is okay to link to.

Reminder:

Members may post information that is made available by an Admin of the above "Find Ben Kilmer" FB page, but please do not post or discuss comments by non-Admin.

Thanks.

Can anyone find the location of where the images were captured of Ben leaving his truck with the door open, and the timespan between him walking away from the vehicle and then returning to it?

Can anyone find the location of where the images were captured of Ben leaving his truck with the door open, and the timespan between him walking away from the vehicle and then returning to it?

The admin on the FB page (who I believe is his wife) said that it was security footage of him at a job earlier that day. It illustrates that he was in the habit of walking away from the truck and leaving the door open. (Not sure if the truck was running in this photo.)

From the find page:

“These are the last images taken of Ben -black Whites Diving T-shirt”

6e34ac85ff53e40bd9eccc785ef919c3.jpg

13a0cd8678e7dcb68c0d5d98ee69d038.jpg

Zooming in, does it look like the lower right hand side of half of his face is covered in blood?

6831fbbe2b964275962a1b957072d7b8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FindBenKilmer/posts/261923337723818

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I certainly hope the RCMP are looking into that image in more detail. Good catch. Makes my mind whirl with possibilities that one. I hope he is found safe.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I would like to know where Ben's van was located in relation to his last known service appt. and next service appt. that day. If his van was located in a isolated area, not on a normal route between appts then foul play might be a possibility. The van engine running is disturbing to me unless he was making a quick bathroom stop.

‘This has been a hellish journey’: Wife of missing Cowichan Valley father speaks out

Video at link: ‘This has been a hellish journey’: Wife of missing Cowichan Valley father speaks out

In the video the wife mentions that recently it had been an exciting and stressful time for the both of them as Ben had started building a dream home and starting his own business. I don't know if Ben was self-employed as a electrician or was employed by someone else. If employed by someone else has employer taken inventory of van to see if any items are missing such as tools or equipment.

Did Ben miss any appts. that day or did he have any conflicts or confrontation with customers that day or did he say anything that might seem odd to customers that day. I assume that LE is questioning anyone that had contact with Ben that day.

I have read a few mentions about Ben’s phone being found smashed in the car, but I haven’t seen the source of this information. Does anyone have it? Would appreciate a link. I’m so stumped by this. It’s odd if the phone was intentionally destroyed but I’d assume that the SIM card would carry any relevant info anyway. Thanks in advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back