Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the ones speaking out in the media aren't trying for the 15 mins.... IMO, it's best to leave the case to the court now. If someone wants to put a memorial, do it, but why announce it to the media? Grandstanding is not becoming. What someone does when no one is looking says more about their character than what one does when they have an audience... IMO...

Less than one minute and I’m out the door for my granddaughter’s graduation. Let’s hope our next generation is actively listening to us older folks and will bring their intuition and knowledge into the next decade. Much love to you all. Stay strong.
Congrats to your granddaughter!! We’re counting on her generation.

I hope the ones speaking out in the media aren't trying for the 15 mins.... IMO, it's best to leave the case to the court now. If someone wants to put a memorial, do it, but why announce it to the media? Grandstanding is not becoming. What someone does when no one is looking says more about their character than what one does when they have an audience... IMO...
I hope it’s not just grandstanding. Maybe they want to keep the spotlight and momentum going for the new searches they are planning? Or maybe I’m naive. Lol

Amazing difference.
Emily+Glass1.jpg

16845102_G.jpg

Emily Glass booked into Sedgwick County Jail
Police: Coroner identifies body as 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez
Meth (before)
No Meth (after)

One thing I have learned in life is never to assume what you would do in a panic. Not unless you’ve been there yourself to know how you’d react. I can honestly say what I would hope to do is one thing & what I’d really do is another. That’s why I don’t think it was premeditated. The panic set in & she thought of the consequences. She knew that if she called 911 there would be explaining to do because of his bruises, malnutrition etc. One lie begins to snowball & there was no turning back. Imo
My daughter woke up to the screams of her half sister. Said its a sound she will never forget. Her sisters baby was dead. SIDS. The mother collapsed. She was inconsolable.
That's how a normal person acts under the circumstance.
She did not get scared and look for a dump site.
Emily is full of crapola.

@tnith Wow..just wow! I want to hug you. Your posts always teach me something & I appreciate you. My sister is bi-polar & is so much more intelligent,charismatic, the life of the party than I can ever be. But when she is on her depressive rage, she is THE scariest person that I have ever met. I have seen her turn on a dime in her personality. I only share this as EG supposedly has been diagnosed with this. My sister has justified every physical as well as emotional attack and she is a professional at turning any situation to benefit her. I found myself constantly apologizing to her when she would be the one to cause the situation. Poor Lucas was caught in her web. I just pray that EG is put away for good..otherwise other children will suffer.

I do have a concern .. maybe I’m way off base . It seems to me they processed where they found Lucas very quickly. Any thoughts??
I don’t know how long exactly they were there nor what sorts of things they found; what I do know is at 10pm Thursday night WPD said they were staying through the night and until the scene was fully processed and by all accounts I’ve heard that is what they did.

I do have a concern .. maybe I’m way off base . It seems to me they processed where they found Lucas very quickly. Any thoughts??
It's hard to say what's quick because we don't know how they found the scene to begin with -- plus I thought they had the area blocked off and worked through the night and into next morning from what I could understand of the news videos. They had from the time DM called them out to start working it and they probably did quite a bit of processing before even touching or moving Lucas' body. I remember vaguely seeing some headline on Friday about that road being opened back up to traffic, so I imagine DM called immediately upon finding him, preserved scene, and LE jumped right in with photos and evidence gathering....????
I think our perception is that it was quick because once we got the news everything seemed to move really fast with the flood of information and speculation....imo.

Hello,

I am new here but have been following this case. It is such a heart breaking story. I feel like the state failed this poor little boy and should be held accountable as well. I don't understand why JH and EG had custody when he was out of town all time and she wasn't even allowed around her own kids. Also, other family members brought up the suspected abuse to cps twice I read. Why was he never placed with other family members? His real family like his mom or either grandparents? I just don't understand why he was allowed to stay with EG. I know it's irrelevant at this point and not sure if I'm allowed to ask on this forum, but I just don't understand. My heart aches for this family so bad. The state definitely has a hand in responsibility in this imo.
Absolutely agree!

I am very naive and do not know much about trials. I get concerned about EG claiming something like "he died from the flu". Do you think that they will call the school nurse..maybe the teacher..JH's relatives to share that LH suffered from a history of abuse???

I am disappointed that Marshburn called searcher's out to the scene, he had no right to do that. He took a huge risk of anyone tampering with the crime scene. The searcher's could have gone out there after everything was totally cleared. jmo

I am very naive and do not know much about trials. I get concerned about EG claiming something like "he died from the flu". Do you think that they will call the school nurse..maybe the teacher..JH's relatives to share that LH suffered from a history of abuse???
The autopsy will hopefully answer a lot of questions about COD.
Her propensity for lying and the fact that her lawyer basically used ‘don’t believe what I said’ as her defense in her last trial, she would be smart to not say a word in the trial. Anything she said in interviews, in jail, on TV, all of that can -and will- be used against her.

I am pretty sure that Law Enforcement has checked everything out. They have already talked to Emily and have her statement. They have talked to other family members. I wouldn't worry to much yet as to what Emily will claim it will be investigated. You will be shocked at what LE knows.

I am disappointed that Marshburn called searcher's out to the scene, he had no right to do that. He took a huge risk of anyone tampering with the crime scene. The searcher's could have gone out there after everything was totally cleared. jmo
Yeah I was quite confused by that detail. Why do that??? What was their purpose? It is CSI job to process the scene, he was located, no need for the searchers to be there. They should’ve been staged with the media at the very most. Away from the scene. Imo.

@tnith Wow..just wow! I want to hug you. Your posts always teach me something & I appreciate you. My sister is bi-polar & is so much more intelligent,charismatic, the life of the party than I can ever be. But when she is on her depressive rage, she is THE scariest person that I have ever met. I have seen her turn on a dime in her personality. I only share this as EG supposedly has been diagnosed with this. My sister has justified every physical as well as emotional attack and she is a professional at turning any situation to benefit her. I found myself constantly apologizing to her when she would be the one to cause the situation. Poor Lucas was caught in her web. I just pray that EG is put away for good..otherwise other children will suffer.

There are other fora for us, dealing with loved ones' complications.
I subscribed to an email list for years, due to the intense nature of just being alive on the same planet as mine.
Her bs doesn't dictate my feelings about her- she isn't mother material. Despite the years wondering why she hated me that much, it's extremely painful knowing she didn't choose this but can't understand it's actually her own brain. Nothing to be done now.

I've had a fair share of BP friends. It's incredible how they can manage to recognize their limitations, needs and work accordingly to their issues. There are programs to help afford meds. Indigence is not an obstacle to access- State insurance isn't great care but does provide. Every state varies in quality of care- another huge abuse issue in my eyes :(
IMHO anyone who makes the excuse is just trying to ride the tidal wave till the next comedown when the energy wanes, and breathing is an epic effort.
Every BP person is not trying to stay on the up, and even the ones who do are not out here beating small children senseless. Hang in there and stay connected to support- never know when you will truly need it.

My daughter woke up to the screams of her half sister. Said its a sound she will never forget. Her sisters baby was dead. SIDS. The mother collapsed. She was inconsolable.
That's how a normal person acts under the circumstance.
She did not get scared and look for a dump site.
Emily is full of crapola.

Dear Lord- there are no words for what that is like for them... isolating and horrific coupled with the burden of being told all sorts of stupid things that certainly have nothing to do with the experience and totality of loss. An easy way to end up catatonic.

Our son was attached to a heart monitor for about 8 months; it went off a few times and sound it made didn't nearly touch to terror it inspired- I got over that as he grew out of his PDA condition & it's aftermath, but never fully came out of the feeling he could be gone at any time.

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )
My dear, you have epitomized Grace and Class through this whole ordeal. I don't have the words to adequately convey what is in my heart, but please know that you and your family have touched lives in ways that you will never know. You have become so loved by so many, and Lucas' Legacy will affect children for years to come. I will forever hold your family in my heart, and I know I am not alone in that. Don't forget to take care of you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23