GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

1527033420087.jpg

"
The hair salon where Cummings was last seen was closed on May 13 and 14, and was scheduled to reopen on May 15. She reportedly was last seen alive by coworker Kimberly Kessler, otherwise known as her apparent alias, Jennifer Sybert, who had been working at Tangles for a month.

Around 10 a.m. on May 15, detectives visited the salon to speak with Sybert, but she didn't show up to work that day, and Leeper said the home address Sybert provided to the salon owner was fake.
That same day, Cummings' vehicle was found parked in a Home Depot parking lot in Yulee, Fox 30 added. Surveillance footage reportedly showed Sybert parking Cummings' car just after 1 a.m. on May 13."

Missing Florida hairstylist feared dead; coworker named as suspect in disappearance

She probably thought they were look alikes and she could assume the new identity. This is one sick woman.

Clients, friends of missing stylist say they are heart broken

95BD1C60-6400-4E8D-8A4E-7433729F78A4.jpeg
Joleen’s family and several of her clients said they are heartbroken over her disappearance but loved ones said they need closure.

They said Cummings was not only a hair stylist, but a friend to those she serviced.

"She was the only one I really trusted to do my hair. She was a ve
ry caring person. She loved her kids. She loved her family," said Sumner.

Bizarre! Killed a well known and successful Mom. Someone that was well liked, and had a life worth living. What the heck was the motive? Steal her identity as well? I hope if it's proven this Jennifer Sybert committed murder, she doesn't ever roam free among us again. I would fear for those inmates though. She might kill someone in there! Something just isn't right about her at all.

According to the arrest warrant affidavits and arrest and booking sheet documents - someone earlier posted how to get to them - Kimberly had taken a taxi after she dropped Joleen's vehicle at the Home Depot. She had walked to a gas station and was picked up by the taxi and the taxi took her back to Tangles.

I take that to mean that Kimberly's vehicle was still there. So this leads me to believe that Joleen was likely killed in Tangles after closing. Both of them were likely the only ones there. And this leads me to believe that Joleen's remains were transported in Joleen's vehicle to wherever she is. Hopefully Joleen's vehicle will have information on the computer in it that will narrow down where that is.

Tangles closes at 6pm so there that left at most 7 hours and 15 minutes to kill and dispose of Joleen. I can't imagine that Joleen was alive beyond 6:30pm and probably not beyond 6:15pm. That still leaves quite a bit of time. It would have been daylight for quite a bit of time and even in the night there would be people out and about in that shopping strip and the parking lot would be lighted. It wouldn't be easy to move a body without being seen until much later in the night. If there is a bar in that shopping strip (there was one and two food places there 3 years ago per looking through Google Street View) there could be people around at any time during this crime.

It also wouldn't be easy for Kimberly to move Joleen around since Joleen was said to weigh 160 pounds. The worst case scenario is that Joleen was dismembered and her remains are in various places.

I should add the link to Google in Street View for the shopping strip center. The Google car drove through the parking lot so there are good images of what was there back in May of 2015 and the layout.

Google Maps

Last edited:
According to the arrest warrant affidavits and arrest and booking sheet documents - someone earlier posted how to get to them - Kimberly had taken a taxi after she dropped Joleen's vehicle at the Home Depot. She had walked to a gas station and was picked up by the taxi and the taxi took her back to Tangles.

I take that to mean that Kimberly's vehicle was still there. So this leads me to believe that Joleen was likely killed in Tangles after closing. Both of them were likely the only ones there. And this leads me to believe that Joleen's remains were transported in Joleen's vehicle to wherever she is. Hopefully Joleen's vehicle will have information on the computer in it that will narrow down where that is.

Tangles closes at 6pm so there that left at most 7 hours and 15 minutes to kill and dispose of Joleen. I can't imagine that Joleen was alive beyond 6:30pm and probably not beyond 6:15pm. That still leaves quite a bit of time. It would have been daylight for quite a bit of time and even in the night there would be people out and about in that shopping strip and the parking lot would be lighted. It wouldn't be easy to move a body without being seen until much later in the night. If there is a bar in that shopping strip (there was one and two food places there 3 years ago per looking through Google Street View) there could be people around at any time during this crime.

It also wouldn't be easy for Kimberly to move Joleen around since Joleen was said to weigh 160 pounds. The worst cast scenario is that Joleen was dismembered and her remains are in various places.
I’m not sure on specifics of computers in vehicles, but I did notice Joleen’s vehicle is a 2006. Does that make a difference with computer availability? I know a lot of advancements have been made between then and newer vehicles.

I’m not sure on specifics of computers in vehicles, but I did notice Joleen’s vehicle is a 2006. Does that make a difference with computer availability? I know a lot of advancements have been made between then and newer vehicles.
Yes it does makes a difference when it comes to the model years of vehicles. It is less likely that a computer is on-board that saves/logs GPS information like more modern cars do. That said, any vehicle that offered OnStar or similar services has a GPS unit and cellular radio capability and a computer to control it and process information from it, including saving location information. This is regardless of whether or not the buyer chooses to subscribe to the service or not. If that was not something offered for her vehicle's model year then there won't be anything to work with.

Yes it does makes a difference when it comes to the model years of vehicles. It is less likely that a computer is on-board that saves/logs GPS information like more modern cars do. That said, any vehicle that offered OnStar or similar services has a GPS unit and cellular radio capability and a computer to control it and process information from it, including saving location information. This is regardless of whether or not the buyer chooses to subscribe to the service or not. If that was not something offered for her vehicle's model year then there won't be anything to work with.
IIRC, just from being a Chevy owner and because my grandfather retired from GM, on star was at first only a Chevy/GM product. I found this article and it looks like On Star first made an appearance in Fords in 2008. I could very well be wrong though. Anyways, Joleen had a 2006 Explorer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2246249,00.asp?amp=1

IIRC, just from being a Chevy owner and because my grandfather retired from GM, on star was at first only a Chevy/GM product. I found this article and it looks like On Star first made an appearance in Fords in 2008. I could very well be wrong though. Anyways, Joleen had a 2006 Explorer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2246249,00.asp?amp=1
OnStar was first associated with GM. But other manufacturers offered similar services under different names which is why I say OnStar or similar.

OnStar was first associated with GM. But other manufacturers offered similar services under different names which is why I say OnStar or similar.
I think I remember that actually. I can’t remember what Fords service was called. I’ll have to go searching and see.

ETA-Fords service was called Sync.

Do they know if she actually made it out the salon,,, did they see her leave alone or maybe Kessler was in or around her truck waiting for her like the other lady at her old job said she was always waiting and watching them late night made her uncomfortable ...? I haven't heard that they actually seen her leave. Just so many questions and so heartbreaking

Wondered the same, since the salon hasn't been opened since she went missing. Also the mark on Kessler face was pretty bad to be a week old. Looked like it could be a curling iron burn.

She probably thought they were look alikes and she could assume the new identity. This is one sick woman.

She definitely has a vision problem then because she looks nothing like beautiful Joleen. But I think you are correct...she prolly thought that so that makes her a psychopath and a narcissist.

I am hoping that they come out with the info as to how Kessler and Gee are both involved in this. I know I read earlier in the thread that they were linked, but did not say what the relationship was. I am sure Kessler was thinking that Gee was going to be the only one taken down for this when they were looking at him so hard. Glad she is going to be held responsible, as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back