MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dictionary definition isn't, so there's no need to post it. "In the middle of" is a common expression here in the U.S. No one would interpret that language based on a a dictionary definition (which is just one definition among many, anyway).
*isn't relevant

State police seek car seen in area of Rose Township shooting of jogger

Rose Oaks County Park

Do we know what time AB left for her run and who saw her last?

Eta. I am adding a trail map of Rose Oaks County Park as it lies between Buckhorn Lake Road (her parents house ) and Fish Lake Road where she was found. I note there is trailhead parking and several routes which I would imagine could well have been part of her run.

The first link shows the 11000 block in relation to the park area.

MOO

Last edited:
State police seek car seen in area of Rose Township shooting of jogger

Rose Oaks County Park

Do we know what time AB left for her run and who saw her last?

Eta. I am adding a trail map of Rose Oaks County Park as it lies between Buckhorn Lake Road (her parents house ) and Fish Lake Road where she was found. I note there is trailhead parking and several routes which I would imagine could well have been part of her run.

The first link shows the 11000 block in relation to the park area.

MOO
Ponds!, lakes!, creeks!, trails! - at least A. was not missing for years and years but immediately found ....

Ponds!, lakes!, creeks!, trails! - at least A. was not missing for years and years but immediately found ....

I am wondering if the perp was parked up at the trailhead parking area then followed her along Fish Lake Road a bit. From the trailhead parking area (approx 10400 Fish Lake Road) to 11240 FLR is .8 of a mile only/2 minutes by car. Am also wondering about trailcams? Maybe that's how they saw sandal man?

MOO

Last edited:

Oakland County has no shortage of inland lakes and other bodies of water. Many communities and subdivisions are named for the lakes or other bodies of water in the area. I suggested upthread that it would have been very easy for the perp to toss the shotgun into a body of water that might never be searched.

I am wondering if the perp was parked up at the trailhead parking area then followed her along Fish Lake Road a bit.

MOO
Maybe, you are right. In any case no woman should be jogging a route like her's alone, broad daylight or not, IMO. If I would know, my daughter would doing this in the city where she lives, I would fear for her intactness all the time. Mostly the female joggers aren't the ugliest of all - that comes on top.

Maybe, you are right. In any case no woman should be jogging a route like her's alone, broad daylight or not, IMO. If I would know, my daughter would doing this in the city where she lives, I would fear for her intactness all the time. Mostly the female joggers aren't the ugliest of all - that comes on top.

Most women will think twice about walking/jogging alone in a city after dark, but who thinks twice about a jog on a beautiful country road out in a rural area? This is so unexpected it is very hard to conceive it wasn't a well planned military type maneuver.
I did ponder initially if it was a wacko land owner, but that seems far less likely.

The BF aside, *who* would have a motive to kill this gal? Any time someone is attacked from behind, in the back, it screams of *REVENGE*.
Revenge for what?

This is right next to a 640 acre public country park at 2.30 on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer. Why weren't there more people/witnesses about?

Can a hunting accident or drive by be fully ruled out? Five shots - four missed.

MOO

Most women will think twice about walking/jogging alone in a city after dark, but who thinks twice about a jog on a beautiful country road out in a rural area? This is so unexpected it is very hard to conceive it wasn't a well planned military type maneuver.
I did ponder initially if it was a wacko land owner, but that seems far less likely.

The BF aside, *who* would have a motive to kill this gal? Any time someone is attacked from behind, in the back, it screams of *REVENGE*.
Revenge for what?

If it is revenge I won't doubt it is revenge for some perceived wrong and it would only be known to the killer. The fact that the boyfriend and the parents don't mention if she had problems with someone makes me believe that theory.

If it is revenge I won't doubt it is revenge for some perceived wrong and it would only be known to the killer. The fact that the boyfriend and the parents don't mention if she had problems with someone makes me believe that theory.
I agree that if it's revenge, it could be "revenge" for being laughed at, flipped off, turned down for a date—anything.

It could have been over an old grudge, though, dating back to when she had lived in the area before. The trouble is, Ally doesn't sound like the type to have made anyone that angry. I've tried to think of what could make someone carry a grudge for a long period of time. Some obvious things I can think of are 1) publicly humiliating someone, 2) convincing a battered friend (or relative) to leave her boyfriend or husband, 3) getting someone fired, 4) stealing someone's boyfriend (and that could apply even if the murderer's relationship with the boyfriend existed only in the murderer's head), 5) getting an abortion against someone's wishes, and 6) filing a criminal complaint against someone. (I'm just spitballing here; there's no evidence for any of those scenarios.)

I don't agree that being attacked from behind screams revenge, though. It could be a thrill kill or a botched abduction attempt. I'm not willing to blindly accept LE's claim that Ally knew her killer.

I don't agree that being attacked from behind screams revenge, though. It could be a thrill kill or a botched abduction attempt. I'm not willing to blindly accept LE's claim that Ally knew her killer.

Yes, all of those are ones I've considered. And I can't really say any one is the most likely. To me, anyway.

I agree that if it's revenge, it could be "revenge" for being laughed at, flipped off, turned down for a date—anything.

It could have been over an old grudge, though, dating back to when she had lived in the area before. The trouble is, Ally doesn't sound like the type to have made anyone that angry. I've tried to think of what could make someone carry a grudge for a long period of time. Some obvious things I can think of are 1) publicly humiliating someone, 2) convincing a battered friend (or relative) to leave her boyfriend or husband, 3) getting someone fired, 4) stealing someone's boyfriend (and that could apply even if the murderer's relationship with the boyfriend existed only in the murderer's head), 5) getting an abortion against someone's wishes, and 6) filing a criminal complaint against someone. (I'm just spitballing here; there's no evidence for any of those scenarios.)

Hmmm... I'm rethinking things, based on your post. We can all get caught up in our in-the-box thinking... you've made me reflect.

Thank you. I love brainstorming!

Saturday... she's out for a run... she doesn't have her phone with her...I keep thinking she did not see this coming, at all.

I say this because I've been fearful of someone (in a stalking way) once in my life. I would NOT go jogging (certainly not in a remote area) a long way without my cell, during that time. Females, oftentimes, will have a sixth sense -- an intuition...

What is the motive in this case? Unless random, we are missing key info on motive. Is it obvious?

Do you guys think she was in the car (as described at the scene) of someone she knew? Or forced into car of someone she didn't know? Or never IN a car at all?

Saturday... she's out for a run... she doesn't have her phone with her...I keep thinking she did not see this coming, at all.

I say this because I've been fearful of someone (in a stalking way) once in my life. I would NOT go jogging (certainly not in a remote area) a long way without my cell, during that time. Females, oftentimes, will have a sixth sense -- an intuition...

What is the motive in this case? Unless random, we are missing key info on motive. Is it obvious?

Do you guys think she was in the car (as described at the scene) of someone she knew? Or forced into car of someone she didn't know? Or never IN a car at all?
I think that she was never in a car.

I think the witness jumped to a conclusion when he stated that she had gotten out of a car. She apparently didn't scream or call for help prior to being shot, which I think she would have done if she had escaped from a car that she'd been forced into. I tend to think that she was never in a car at all.

I think the witness jumped to a conclusion when he stated that she had gotten out of a car. She apparently didn't scream or call for help prior to being shot, which I think she would have done if she had escaped from a car that she'd been forced into. I tend to think that she was never in a car at all.

Good points, Ozoner...I've always had a hard time imagining her in a car at all.

Dang, I just want to know if the car in the area has anything to do with this crime. I keep thinking, "What human being would drive way if they witnessed a crime?" But it happens. It seems like LE would have been able to find this car... or someone would have said something about it by now. Argh!

And I don't believe for one minute that her father had a motive for murdering her. Because he didn't like her living at home? How ridiculous is that? He could have told her to find other living arrangements or made it so uncomfortable that she would not want to live there.

And I don't believe for one minute that her father had a motive for murdering her. Because he didn't like her living at home? How ridiculous is that? He could have told her to find other living arrangements or made it so uncomfortable that she would not want to live there.

I hear ya... for me, this seems like an impulse/rage crime, or a real psycho. I used to live near this area, and I even worked at a hospital in the general area where Ally worked. It was one of my first jobs out of college... and I went out with this guy (for dinner) one time -- and got a weird vibe about him, so I was just not interested... so I politely begged off going out with him again. He was handsome, smart, great job -- looked totally normal on the outside. But something was really wrong with him. He ended up stalking me and scaring the crap out of me! The hospital's director of security was a friend of mine, and when he found out what was going on, he totally took care of the situation, and I was not bothered again, but I truly feeling scared of this guy (he seemed seriously unstable)... but up to that point it was taken care of, this guy was driving by my apartment at all hours/knocking on my door, calling and saying weird stuff on my answering machine, etc. I was freaked!

So I've been wondering lately if it's something like this happened with Ally... was this a work-related obsession?

Just a thought.

I hear ya... for me, this seems like an impulse/rage crime, or a real psycho. I used to live near this area, and I even worked at a hospital in the general area where Ally worked. It was one of my first jobs out of college... and I went out with this guy (for dinner) one time -- and got a weird vibe about him, so I was just not interested... so I politely begged off going out with him again. He was handsome, smart, great job -- looked totally normal on the outside. But something was really wrong with him. He ended up stalking me and scaring the crap out of me! The hospital's director of security was a friend of mine, and when he found out what was going on, he totally took care of the situation, and I was not bothered again, but I truly feeling scared of this guy (he seemed seriously unstable)... but up to that point it was taken care of, this guy was driving by my apartment at all hours/knocking on my door, calling and saying weird stuff on my answering machine, etc. I was freaked!

So I've been wondering lately if it's something like this happened with Ally... was this a work-related obsession?

Just a thought.
I think that she would have told someone if that scenario was going on, and I am sure that the police looked at her phone for evidence of that kind of thing. It is very scary to be stalked. Not something that most people would keep to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23