Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
“My apologies on getting choked up there on air. It's sad to hear of Lucas' story, and for the people who've looked for him for three months, they are beyond incredible.

His body was found this week.

My thoughts with everyone touched by his story.”—Annette Lawless, Reporter, KAKE news
Annette Lawless
It’s a breath of fresh air to see reporters showing emotion. We’re all human. It’s healthy for people to see that side too.

upload_2018-5-26_23-9-46.png
We chose to put the stones and flowers closer to Lucas' Spot, so you cannot see the other things left for Lucas. The flowers were left for Blef (who personally asked me to lay one) and our other WS members who cared so deeply for Lucas. Yes, they are pink because what other color is there?!

View attachment 134883
We chose to put the stones and flowers closer to Lucas' Spot, so you cannot see the other things left for Lucas. The flowers were left for Blef (who personally asked me to lay one) and our other WS members who cared so deeply for Lucas. Yes, they are pink because what other color is there?!

Thank you for trying to bring some light & beauty to a place that's been so dark and cold for Lucas.

Not going to get into the grim details of why-we had a park named after a family member- but am wondering whether there was a favorite place that Lucas loved most of all that we could petition to be memorialized in his name.

How? I asked that for years, myself. It takes a long time to figure out what went wrong let alone why, a lot of tracing back the steps.

My parental unit struggles with her very diagnosed, very untreated bipolar disorder (highly manic/psychotic most of the year as a reaction to several of her asthma meds- sadly those are the only ones that keep her breathing so we are stuck with this).
Those who are not familiar with bipolar disorder may not recognize that though unstable, these are VERY charismatic, convincing, talented, INTELLIGENT individuals who are unfortunately, prone to mirroring the people they interact with. They can read and reciprocate amazingly those they conversate with; possibly a short term memory thing from brain being flooded by neurotransmitters?

How would CPS grant any placement with someone they themselves have REMOVED ALL CUSTODY from? Easy- NO ONE CHECKED the record of the placement/potential guardian, that they are required by law to check prior to placement.
After several months (continuations) I ordered my own CPS record of being a ward of Washington State, and had to wait 4 months for it to be printed and mailed to me, in order to present this to the first judge presiding- that judge was removed from the case at the time this tome arrived & was submitted.

By this time it was evident that our parental unit (as my brother & I call her), had gone about calling police and cps for months prior positioning herself as a distraught grandmother concerned about druggie daughter and baby grandson- she used her church and her own mother she frequently beat, to make a case for concerns that my husband was going to kill his own child (he was still in PT for a massive head injury and unable to do much without suffering seizures- let alone physical exertion- in ER every week).
I did have police come to my home in the middle of the night with no explanation a few times around a month before our son was taken- it seemed like they believed that there was cause to be concerned about my mental state by the questioning, but none of us put this together until much later.

Now that we have covered the first half of this living hell, let's get to the second aspect:

I'm always going to be a fosterkid. Those who've been there know what it means... That history NEVER goes away. I am sure it is difficult to access, but once in the system one is ALWAYS in the system somehow (and easier to remove children from since we're 'broken'). The events & experiences from those events, were used by the one who lost custody of me in the very same courthouse she once fought to avoid responsibility for her own actions.
Who cares why; she was intelligent enough to use an entire community who did not know us nor tried to verify facts, to back her up and cry 'Scared Grannie' to the cops & CPS who failed my son.

Back to the custody case: The lawyer my parental unit hired quit the day I handed him a copy of the 3,500 some odd page report on my abuse at her hands. Another judge was appointed; don't ask me why or how because that one told me to LEAVE THE STATE within a week of social worker daily visits confirming parental aptitude, plans to resume his medical care at Loma Linda Children's Hospital.
Now I hope you are all happy, because I sincerely doubt any of this will be easy to comprehend or answer anything.

((HUGS)) You continue to fascinate me as to how you survived but we are glad you are here with us now !!!

One thing I have learned in life is never to assume what you would do in a panic. Not unless you’ve been there yourself to know how you’d react. I can honestly say what I would hope to do is one thing & what I’d really do is another. That’s why I don’t think it was premeditated. The panic set in & she thought of the consequences. She knew that if she called 911 there would be explaining to do because of his bruises, malnutrition etc. One lie begins to snowball & there was no turning back. Imo

I can promise you 100% andthean some, that in a panic I won't be hiding a child's body under a bridge 20 miles from home and then calmly pretending he wandered off. ...I don't know how I'd react, but I am sure it would be none of this.

I'm woefully behind but I want to chime in on a few things while they're fresh in my mind. I also want to say I'm here, have been here and will be here as justice takes its course.

First, thank you ESO for the beautiful video, thank you Mr. and Mrs. Pink and all the others here who were boots on the ground and supported in different ways. FLA - Bethany - thank you for being here with us. I wish I could take some of your pain so it would be easier for you to bear.

Thank you members for all your amazingly insightful posts and the eloquent way you've expressed your opinions. Heck, thanks for just being here.

I am so tired of the 'he died, so I hide his body because I was afraid' stories. They are all bunk. These children are murdered and tossed away because the murderer hopes to not get caught.

How do we know this? Because people in a panic call 911, the don't plan a disposal.

I so agree with this - I've become a broken record saying that people who harm children do it with purpose, whether it's choosing not to get medical help or claiming they somehow "snapped" when the truth is they have been abusing the child all along and finally got too comfortable and forgot that children can break.

I've seen too many ridiculous excuses told by child murderers in the cases here to believe that life was just dandy until the one day they "snapped." Horse poop. It's about the power, control, anger, revenge and in some cases outright pleasure that people who hurt vulnerable victims want to feel.

IMO Glass never completed the recommended parenting courses because she didn't care enough to do so. She took her anger at JH and JO out on Lucas because it was convenient. For her it was never about being a parent, it was about what made her feel better. That's all MOO.

Anyway, back to catching up but know I'm here even though I'm not posting a lot right now - y'all are doing fine without me. I wish we still had all the emoticons - Love you guys!

@tnith Wow..just wow! I want to hug you. Your posts always teach me something & I appreciate you. My sister is bi-polar & is so much more intelligent,charismatic, the life of the party than I can ever be. But when she is on her depressive rage, she is THE scariest person that I have ever met. I have seen her turn on a dime in her personality. I only share this as EG supposedly has been diagnosed with this. My sister has justified every physical as well as emotional attack and she is a professional at turning any situation to benefit her. I found myself constantly apologizing to her when she would be the one to cause the situation. Poor Lucas was caught in her web. I just pray that EG is put away for good..otherwise other children will suffer.
I understand completely!! My sister is bi polar also and our family has gone through things involving her and and her episodes that she caused, and she liked to play the blaming game. It hurt my parents the most of all.

She may not have planned a murder but she went to great length to cover up after the deed was done. Going around to ask neighbors if Lucas was there or had they seen him, then going into "mother" mode where she was so concerned he was nowhere to be found and 911 had to be called immediately...

She had possibly as much as 24 hours to get things lined up so she could look like the caring stepmom and if she was in panic mode initially she got over it fast, as evidenced by her ability to stage the home and get a story together before calling police.

All of it is circumstantial evidence against her and I would bet LE also has some forensic evidence taken from her vehicle.

View attachment 134883

That is absolutely lovely. Lucas, like Abby and Libby, Sherin Matthews and the other innocents we lost, will forever hold a place in our hearts and memories.

((HUGS)) You continue to fascinate me as to how you survived but we are glad you are here with us now !!!

How do any of us survive the madness we are put through? We find someone to love, something to live for.

I just felt this whole time Lucas must have been so protective of his younger siblings and that carried him as far as he got. His love for school says a lot about how he cherished the good times. The pure presence he radiated in every random moment.
That video of his memories with family really got under my skin, because honestly that's how you make it.

You live for the good parts, and if there aren't any you make them happen in spite of circumstances.

IANAL, but...thinking of other cases (CA for one)
I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, if her defense fights like hell to get as much of that thrown out as possible--especially if COD doesn't reveal much. I wouldn't be surprised, either, if the attorney uses the JO theory to create doubt. Much like we were all wondering if EG put Lucas where it would implicate JO, I wouldn't be surprised if defense atty at least tries to flip that script.
I worry about this too. However (and I'm certainly no legal expert either), in my opinion, the teams running Lucas' investigation and the prosecutors working the legal angle seem far more prepared and tedious than those who handed the CA trial. I believe that Lucas will get justice to the full extent the law allows.

Also, I must express my most sincere condolences to FLA along with your family and friends. Lucas touched my heart deeply. He was such a special little boy who impacted so many. Thoughts are with you.

I can't sleep and my mind keeps racing about sweet Lucas.

I've been seriously thinking that EG wasn't alone when Lucas was placed under the bridge. When we were told to focus on the late hours Friday/early Saturday (I can't get into her mind at all) but I imagine it would probably have been pitch dark. It is very, very rural even in February without the foliage. Yikes. I would have been terrified climbing down there. She must have parked on the road. Even during the night she risked being seen by someone driving by.

I just can't even begin to understand, especially if she was alone.

View attachment 134883

Beautiful ❤️

Scheduled an interview with #EmilyGlass @ 3:30. 20 plus minutes later and we have nothing.
#LucasHernandez @KAKEnews

Karl Mann on Twitter

Anyone else see this?
Well that's interesting! I can't believe she is willing to talk! She must not have ab attorney yet either.
You know, I'll bet she thinks she can con people, the public. She's probably conned so many people in her life (in her mind) that she thinks she can do it to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail