Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only has he been jailed before ..... he has three pages of criminal history.

Seems to me that any and all criminal history should be a major consideration when considering the calibre of person that a foster child is placed with. Is a criminal the kind of person that we want children to be placed with? As well, do we want our tax dollars given to criminals, especially foster-parent-criminals (any more than they already are when we assist them with legal defence and house them in jails)? I think not.

Despite having three pages of criminal history, Thorburn was passed a working with children check, receiving what is known as a Blue Card in Queensland.
A report recommends more crimes should disqualify people from holding Blue Cards but 10 months on from its release the Queensland Government is yet to change the criteria or say when it will.
Questions raised about how Rick Thorburn was approved as a foster carer

Three pages and it appears that at least some of those charges were in NSW, given warrants were issued by Sydney LC.
Darlington is an inner Sydney suburb.

I hope Cyndi Palmer considers similar.

Murdered schoolteacher Stephanie Scott’s family sues NSW government

MURDERED schoolteacher Stephanie Scott’s family is suing the NSW government three years after she was killed by a cleaner at the school where she worked.
A Supreme Court judge described the murder as “calculating” and an attack of “extreme brutality by a man of substantial size upon a defenceless young woman of modest size who had no means of escape or raising the alarm”.
Family sues government for teacher Stephanie Scott’s murder

MURDERED schoolteacher Stephanie Scott’s family is suing the NSW government three years after she was killed by a cleaner at the school where she worked.
A Supreme Court judge described the murder as “calculating” and an attack of “extreme brutality by a man of substantial size upon a defenceless young woman of modest size who had no means of escape or raising the alarm”.
I am not sure how they will go with that. Did he have a record?

You did the right thing Cindy, it was our fool bureaucrats who didn’t do their homework who placed Tiahliegh in the hands of equal fools who in turn took your daughters life.

Eight days.
Tiahleigh Palmer's mother agreed to give up her young daughter just days before she was brutally murdered by her foster father.
The school girl's biological mother, Cindy Palmer, had struggled to care for her daughter and put Tia into foster care for her 'wellbeing'.
'I cannot go out into public alone. I fear someone will recognise me and then publicly blame and shame me for what happened to Taihleigh ... that blame should fall on you (Thorburn), not me,' Ms Palmer said in court Friday.

Tahleigh Palmer’s mother gave her up days before murder by foster dad | Daily Mail Online

I am not sure how they will go with that. Did he have a record?

Tiahleigh, like Stephanie, should have been in a place of safety.
(Searching for link but I’m sure he had previous mental issues back in Holland)
13 Oct. 2016 · A DERANGED murderer Vincent Stanford will die in jail after being sentenced to life without ... he had acknowledged his culpability by pleading guilty and had no previous criminal convictions
Nocookies

Tiahleigh, like Stephanie, should have been in a place of safety.
(Searching for link but I’m sure he had previous mental issues back in Holland)
13 Oct. 2016 · A DERANGED murderer Vincent Stanford will die in jail after being sentenced to life without ... he had acknowledged his culpability by pleading guilty and had no previous criminal convictions
Nocookies
And it may well have been safe in school hours, but it was a Sunday. Even if he did have mental health issues, I am not sure that you can deny people employment for that reason.

Murderer Rick Thorburn dumped his foster daughter’s body in a car boot as his wife watched on

According to the statement to police in 2016, Julene couldn’t see what her husband was doing in the shed for half an hour at around 8pm that night because her view was blocked by trees — but she knew her dead foster daughter was being loaded into the boot.

‘The less you know, the better’

Murderer Rick Thorburn dumped his foster daughter’s body in a car boot as his wife watched on

According to the statement to police in 2016, Julene couldn’t see what her husband was doing in the shed for half an hour at around 8pm that night because her view was blocked by trees — but she knew her dead foster daughter was being loaded into the boot.

She should have got a far longer sentence than she did.

A schoolmate, Mia Sky-Pfingst, described how Tia “made a world full with joy and happiness … we did everything together, like, get in trouble together, messed around a lot, played games”.

But inside the four-bedroom brick house, Tiahleigh was to endure misery and sexual abuse.

Alarm bells were set off in her former carer, Ms Pemburton’s mind when Tiahleigh occasionally played truant from school and told her she “hated” her new home, although the exact nature of her misery wasn’t clear.

Got a feeling theres something in his file that was worth at the very least RED flagging.

The 25-year-old likes eating his breakfast early and is relieved that he does not have to talk to anyone. People annoy him and stress him out – especially people that disrupt his routine, like teachers and nurses............

Despite searching disturbing terms on the internet such as "bride rape" and "bride kidnapping" in the lead-up to the murder, Stanford denies he planned to kill Scott.

Do government school cleaners usually work on Sundays?

'I only have hatred': Vincent Stanford, the man who killed Stephanie Scott

Got a feeling theres something in his file that was worth at the very least RED flagging.

The 25-year-old likes eating his breakfast early and is relieved that he does not have to talk to anyone. People annoy him and stress him out – especially people that disrupt his routine, like teachers and nurses............

Despite searching disturbing terms on the internet such as "bride rape" and "bride kidnapping" in the lead-up to the murder, Stanford denies he planned to kill Scott.

He wasn't rostered to work that day. I think that maybe he drove past and saw her car there.

Oh that's right.
But he was still able to enter the school building.
Stanford was not rostered to work that day but he was at the school and saw Ms Scott working in the staffroom ...........
When he returned to the school he waited for Ms Scott to leave and, when she bumped into him in the corridor, she said, "'I'm going home now. Have a happy Easter."

Vincent Stanford jailed for murder of Leeton school teacher Stephanie Scott

IIRC he had anger issues in Holland and attacked his teacher

The Daily Mail Australia reported that a former school friend of Mr Stanford said that as a young student, he would "fly into rages sometimes" and was expelled when he was about nine for attacking a teacher

AT the age of seven he fantasised about killing someone and by 12 he had choked a teacher and was placed in a mental health unit.

Stephanie Scott death: principal denies claims Vincent Stanford attacked his teacher

Last edited:
Oh that's right.
But he was still able to enter the school building.
Stanford was not rostered to work that day but he was at the school and saw Ms Scott working in the staffroom ...........
When he returned to the school he waited for Ms Scott to leave and, when she bumped into him in the corridor, she said, "'I'm going home now. Have a happy Easter."

Vincent Stanford jailed for murder of Leeton school teacher Stephanie Scott
But how could you not allow them not to enter when they clean out of school hours? Maybe schools should have a digital entry code which only allows staff rostered on to access it. I am not sure how that could be done, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member