Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how could you not allow them not to enter when they clean out of school hours? Maybe schools should have a digital entry code which only allows staff rostered on to access it. I am not sure how that could be done, though.
While this thread is a whole different discussion.

He was a casual cleaner.
He had also managed to obtain the alarm code to the school even though the principal had requested that casual cleaners have no access to it.
Colin Joss and Co cleaning division spokeswoman Fleur Thompson told Fairfax Media if an issue was raised with the company, it would have been investigated.
"Clearly, if we had heard those sort of stories, we would have done something – we had nothing," Ms Thompson said.
"If someone had raised a concern, we would have immediately responded and investigated. No one ever raised any concerns. We had no idea."

Stephanie Scott’s murderer sentenced to life

Who's job was it to raise concerns?
I seems he was employed by a government contractor and had passed his working with children check to be so employed in a school.
imo

While this thread is a whole different discussion.

He was a casual cleaner.
He had also managed to obtain the alarm code to the school even though the principal had requested that casual cleaners have no access to it.
Colin Joss and Co cleaning division spokeswoman Fleur Thompson told Fairfax Media if an issue was raised with the company, it would have been investigated.
"Clearly, if we had heard those sort of stories, we would have done something – we had nothing," Ms Thompson said.
"If someone had raised a concern, we would have immediately responded and investigated. No one ever raised any concerns. We had no idea."

Stephanie Scott’s murderer sentenced to life

Who's job was it to raise concerns?
I seems he was employed by a government contractor and had passed his working with children check to be so employed in a school.
imo

BBM. Maybe they should sue the contracted cleaning company.

My original point was Tiahliegh should have been in a place of safety and Trent wasn’t rostered on to rape this little 12 year old girl.
Yes, and I hope that someone sues the people who placed her in that very, very obviously unsafe home. I am not sure who could do it though. I have all the sympathy in the world for Tiahleighs mother, but she could not give her the safe home, that the little girl deserved.

Yes, and I hope that someone sues the people who placed her in that very, very obviously unsafe home. I am not sure who could do it though. I have all the sympathy in the world for Tiahleighs mother, but she could not give her the safe home, that the little girl deserved.

It NOT Cindy Palmer’s fault at all. The foster care system should be specifically designed as a safe haven for when it is needed.
The Thorburn house was not a safe haven.

We hear information after the fact but Richard Thorburn had priors. Tiahliegh should never stepped foot in that place & the child care centre should have been closed much earlier than it was.

A disgusting evil family. The whole lot of them.

It NOT Cindy Palmer’s fault at all. The foster care system should be specifically designed as a safe haven for when it is needed.
The Thorburn house was not a safe haven.

We hear information after the fact but Richard Thorburn had priors. Tiahliegh should never stepped foot in that place & the child care centre should have been closed much earlier than it was.

I agree with you, but she has to take a little bit of the responsibility for her own child too. I am not blaming her for her child's death, but she seem to have had no interest in her safety.

When he mentioned in his letter that he is so sorry that the media is harassing his family *insert vomit*. In fact he only mentioned how 'sorry, appalled and disgusted' he was when talking about how his family has been affected.

My gosh, I just re-read the letter. From the smallest paragraph that was actually about Tiah...

I was supposed to protect you and give you a good life a good future that no one else wanted to

NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO?
Mate.
Subtle kick in the teeth to Cyndi and other foster carers there.

When he mentioned in his letter that he is so sorry that the media is harassing his family *insert vomit*. In fact he only mentioned how 'sorry, appalled and disgusted' he was when talking about how his family has been affected.

My gosh, I just re-read the letter. From the smallest paragraph that was actually about Tiah...

NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO?
Mate.
His family were 'affected'? They were all in it with him and all of them should be jailed.

I agree with you, but she has to take a little bit of the responsibility for her own child too. I am not blaming her for her child's death, but she seem to have had no interest in her safety.

I disagree.
The system is there for children.
The system needs a complete overhaul so this rot never happens again.

The parent might have a vehicle accident and be placed in an induced coma for a few weeks, it really doesn’t matter the reason, there should always be a safe haven for the children.

I would dearly love to help care for children but I know I’m not 100% infallible. I have a pool, a dog and maybe I haven’t got the patience I used to have. The old dog has never bitten anything and the pool has all safety requirements but what if? No room for mistakes.
I wouldn’t do it just for income with a ‘whatever’ attitude.

I take my hat off to the dedicated angel foster carers out there.

NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO?
Mate.

Well said Grapey.

I really feel for Cindy, yes she gave Tiah up, but I'm sure she thought she was going to be cared for & not murdered............this case is so sad :(

I was reading an article that spoke of Cindy a little ... she had Tiah when she was really young, had been in jail a few times for petty stuff, but has been getting herself together in a big way now that she is older and wiser.
Something it said that I agree with (among many things) ... what about Tiah's bio father? No question about him?

I don't know Tiahleigh's mum. I know a little about her circumstances, but let's face it - I know nothing about her life story or her struggles. I do know that like every other mother, every other woman, she is probably flawed. Like so many of us, she had made mistakes. And I know that some of her's must have been big ones, because they resulted in her child being removed from her care.
I also know she was trying to get her life back on track; that she had contact with her daughter and was hoping they could be reunited permanently soon.

Tia's former foster carer Julie Pemberton told the Daily Mail that 'Tia loved her mum dearly and Cindy adored her girl. Her mum is so good, she has got it together'.
"She had Tia young and might have made a few mistakes but she is lovely and absolutely adores her daughter," she said.
Mama Mia - September 23, 2016

NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO?
Mate.

Yes Grapey *vomit*.
Sorry for his family and the extended. The foster care agency.
No mention of Tiahleigh's family, friends or those that loved her.

Just this. It did not matter about her occasional naughtiness you could not help love HER and I still do.....*puke*

Tiah named just once in the letter, if you ignore the reason he was writing the letter in the first place because he was pleading guilty to murdering her.

'I was supposed to protect you': Child killer Rick Thorburn's confession letter

I really feel for Cindy, yes she gave Tiah up, but I'm sure she thought she was going to be cared for & not murdered............this case is so sad :(

I agree Dr. how would Cindy ever have known? Cindy should have been able to trust in an Govt. accredited carer.
We put our children into school buses without questions, we trust bus drivers have a licence or a pilot is fully certified, we trust the departmental laws.
Well maybe we shouldn’t.

Poor Cindy. I’m so sorry.
It not your fault.

Of course. I agree with that. But the responsibility for a child's well being should rest on the parent first and foremost, shouldn't it?

I can give a young teen a pass for being a little wild, getting pregnant, then finally seeing the light and straightening up. It is not ideal, but Cindy has done that.

I also don't see Tiah's bio dad stepping up, searching for Tiah, being her spokesperson. So why just look at Cindy?

It is the ones like Karlie Tyrrell (or whatever name she is using now) that frustrate me. 29 years old and still assaulting police and getting into strife. Having more kids, and not straightening up. Possibly putting those additional kids into the system ... where it is evidently spin-the-wheel. You may get good foster parents, you may not.

I can give a young teen a pass for being a little wild, getting pregnant, then finally seeing the light and straightening up. It is not ideal, but Cindy has done that.

It is the ones like Karlie Tyrrell (or whatever name she is using now) that frustrate me. 29 years old and still assaulting police and getting into strife. Having more kids, and not straightening up. Possibly putting those additional kids into the system ... where it is evidently spin-the-wheel. You may get good foster parents, you may not.

So, if Cindy has straightened her life out, why didn't she get Tiahleigh back? r Tialeigh was almost 13 years old. Her mother had lots of time to straighten her life out,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member