Identified! VA - Centreville, WhtFem 25-39, 120UFVA, clothes, Sz 8B sandals, earrings, Dec'93 - Sharon Kay Abbott Lane

I enlarged the picture of Donna in PhotoShop to get a better look at the earrings, which were described on the UP as being a "round gold design w/ inlaid aqua swirls". I can't see the aqua swirls from this angle, but the round part seems to match that description:

wJoMibn.png
120UFVA7.jpg

Lisa Marie Beste has been in NamUs for a while, but they only recently included her photo in her casefile:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19739/0

2138ce16-1920-4fc5-b0f2-2f01189cc2ac.jpg

When I saw her teeth, I immediately thought of the Centereville Jane Doe.

0229ec34-2b00-4b3c-b844-3b68744c4617.jpg
120UFVA7.jpg

The timeline and age comparisons are marginal. But those teeth look pretty close, IMO. And the resemblance to the drawing is pretty solid.

Please tell me you called that in Carl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think I should I submit Donna Harris? I mentioned her last month (posts 41 and 42) and I'm thinking about calling her in tomorrow.

Donna looks like a good possibility. The biggest possible negative I see is that Donna had pierced ears and the UID's earring is a clip-on, but the earring in Donna's photo looks a bit like a clipon and it's certainly possible she'd wear clips even with pierced ears.

Donna looks like a good possibility. The biggest possible negative I see is that Donna had pierced ears and the UID's earring is a clip-on, but the earring in Donna's photo looks a bit like a clipon and it's certainly possible she'd wear clips even with pierced ears.

This listing says the earring found with the UID was for a pierced ear:

https://identifyus.org/cases/8493

Did you ever submit Donna Harris? Any word? There are now over six hundred ruleouts in this case. Donna isn't one of them!

https://identifyus.org/cases/8493

I actually can't remember. I'm assuming I didn't because I didn't post after October 20th (I usually post right after I get off the phone with whoever's in charge of a case). Will try to submit her tomorrow though.

I called about Donna Harris yesterday but the person I needed wasn't there. Today I got a call back from one of the investigators, he was very nice and took the information and sounded a little excited when he pulled up her NamUs profile. He said it might take a while to make a comparison since there's no DNA on her and her dentals aren't in NamUs.

I called about Donna Harris yesterday but the person I needed wasn't there. Today I got a call back from one of the investigators, he was very nice and took the information and sounded a little excited when he pulled up her NamUs profile. He said it might take a while to make a comparison since there's no DNA on her and her dentals aren't in NamUs.
Found Donna Harris as a potential match too. Age, Location, Dates, are all a match. It should also be noted Donna was last seen wearing a "turquoise" shirt and blue jeans, and the UID found was wearing blue jeans and earrings with "aqua swirls." Turquoise / Aqua are synonymous to most people. The shoes Donna was last wearing and the shoes of the UID don't match, but Donna was headed to the mall, where her car was found.

2 years later... she still isn't on the exclusion list.

And until this day Donna Harris is still not on the rule out list. I think she looks promising.

Doe Network re-update link

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/120ufva.html

[h=1]120UFVA - Unidentified Female[/h]
120UFVA.jpg
120UFVA1.jpg
120UFVA3.jpg
120UFVA4.jpg
120UFVA8.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim; victim's personal items and jewelry.

Date of Discovery: December 6, 1993
Location of Discovery: Centerville, Fairfax County, Virginia
Estimated Date of Death: 1989 to 1992; possibly as early as 1980
State of Remains: Skeletal remains
Cause of Death: Multiple stab wounds

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Estimated Age: 25-39 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Sandy brown hair
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Fingernails were filed and had been painted a dark glossy pink. Some of the discs in her back were herniated, suggesting she had an occupation requiring heavy lifting.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available. She probably had not seen a dentist in some time, although there was evidence she cared well for her teeth at one point during life. The gap between her two front teeth was crooked and decayed, but a cosmetic filler was in place. She had an overbite, a lot of cavities and a lot of damage to her teeth, based on decay. Five molars were missing. Staining on the teeth indicated she was a smoker. Previous fillings were noted.
Fingerprints: Not Available.
DNA: Available.

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: The clothing found at the scene had decomposed significantly. She wore ripped women's bikini underpants with lace border, a Gigi white brassier size 34B that had been rolled up, white Huarache sandals size 8B with Native American designs including Indian head and hunter with an animal. A piece of denim jean material with Lifesaver label and zippers on the outside ankle seam, and other synthetic material was also found near the remains. The fact that she wore sandals indicated she died during warmer months.
Jewelry: Earrings with a round gold design with inlaid aqua swirls and post for pierced ears.
Additional Personal Items: White Harrith geometric Native American designs including Indian head and hunter with an animal, red hair pick, yellow banana clip, red cloth, and plastic zipper cloth. A quarter was found in the victim's pocket, dated 1980.

[h=2]Circumstances of Discovery[/h]Skeletal remains of the decent were found in a shallow grave at a construction site in Centerville.
She had been stabbed repeatedly in the lower back, shoulders and neck. Her killer had attacked from behind during at least part of the murder.
The woman's case was broadcast on a 1996 episode of The New Detectives.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]Agency Name: Northern District Medical Examiners Office
Agency Contact Person: Constance Di Angelo
Agency Phone Number: 703-530-2603
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N1993-37273

NCIC Case Number: U701892153
NamUs Case Number: 8493

[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h]Namus
The New Detectives
NCMA (archived)
Fairfax County Crime Solvers
NBC 4 (10/25/2006)

Doe Network re-update link

120UFVA

[h=1]120UFVA - Unidentified Female[/h]
120UFVA.jpg
120UFVA1.jpg
120UFVA3.jpg
120UFVA4.jpg
120UFVA8.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim; victim's personal items and jewelry.
Date of Discovery: December 6, 1993
Location of Discovery: Centerville, Fairfax County, Virginia
Estimated Date of Death: 1989 to 1992; possibly as early as 1980
State of Remains: Skeletal remains
Cause of Death: Multiple stab wounds

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Estimated Age: 25-39 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Sandy brown hair
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Fingernails were filed and had been painted a dark glossy pink. Some of the discs in her back were herniated, suggesting she had an occupation requiring heavy lifting.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available. She probably had not seen a dentist in some time, although there was evidence she cared well for her teeth at one point during life. The gap between her two front teeth was crooked and decayed, but a cosmetic filler was in place. She had an overbite, a lot of cavities and a lot of damage to her teeth, based on decay. Five molars were missing. Staining on the teeth indicated she was a smoker. Previous fillings were noted.
Fingerprints: Not Available.
DNA: Available.

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: The clothing found at the scene had decomposed significantly. She wore ripped women's bikini underpants with lace border, a Gigi white brassier size 34B that had been rolled up, white Huarache sandals size 8B with Native American designs including Indian head and hunter with an animal. A piece of denim jean material with Lifesaver label and zippers on the outside ankle seam, and other synthetic material was also found near the remains. The fact that she wore sandals indicated she died during warmer months.
Jewelry: Earrings with a round gold design with inlaid aqua swirls and post for pierced ears.
Additional Personal Items: White Harrith geometric Native American designs including Indian head and hunter with an animal, red hair pick, yellow banana clip, red cloth, and plastic zipper cloth. A quarter was found in the victim's pocket, dated 1980.

[h=2]Circumstances of Discovery[/h]Skeletal remains of the decent were found in a shallow grave at a construction site in Centerville.
She had been stabbed repeatedly in the lower back, shoulders and neck. Her killer had attacked from behind during at least part of the murder.
The woman's case was broadcast on a 1996 episode of The New Detectives.

[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]Agency Name: Northern District Medical Examiners Office
Agency Contact Person: Constance Di Angelo
Agency Phone Number: 703-530-2603
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N1993-37273
NCIC Case Number: U701892153
NamUs Case Number: 8493

[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h]Namus
The New Detectives
NCMA (archived)
Fairfax County Crime Solvers
NBC 4 (10/25/2006)

I find it very hard to recognize or reconstruct the last two pictures of I suppose her jewelry. Are they her earrings?

I find it very hard to recognize or reconstruct the last two pictures of I suppose her jewelry. Are they her earrings?

I think so. The last one is of the back--if you look closely, you can see the post sticking out toward the viewer. The bumps at the side appear to be the fingers of a person holding it for the camera.

The second to the last one shows the front view. Apparently the earrings are metal with a stone inlay. It's described as "aqua swirls" -- probably glass or resin but could be opal, maybe?

I think so. The last one is of the back--if you look closely, you can see the post sticking out toward the viewer. The bumps at the side appear to be the fingers of a person holding it for the camera.

The second to the last one shows the front view. Apparently the earrings are metal with a stone inlay. It's described as "aqua swirls" -- probably glass or resin but could be opal, maybe?

Thanks, I can see the post of the earring now....It looks like the inlay is gone....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back