Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry and Honey Sherman were both at Apotex headquarters late in the afternoon on Wednesday, Dec. 13. They had a meeting with architects from the firm designing their new home in Forest Hill, an upscale Toronto neighbourhood.
Not your question (I know), but I would like to learn if Honey and Barry ever had meetings at Apotex when it came to PRIVATE conversations. Why there within his business surrounding?

Not your question (I know), but I would like to learn if Honey and Barry ever had meetings at Apotex when it came to PRIVATE conversations. Why there within his business surrounding?
I think it was just a location that worked for everyone. Additionally, he likely wanted to maximize his productivity. There's much to do when you run a business, and time lost driving to another location and then driving back to your office can seem significant.

I think it was just a location that worked for everyone. Additionally, he likely wanted to maximize his productivity. There's much to do when you run a business, and time lost driving to another location and then driving back to your office can seem significant.
Agree, plus Barry was a billionaire. A billionaire does not go out to other people's offices unless they are VVIP. People came to him, in his (no doubt) splendid top floor corner office.

Re post of ( warning ) graphic details of deaths.
Maybe Honey came home and did in fact change her clothing before the perp(s) caused her to bleed?
Perhaps she was redressed in the original clothing and outerwear she wore to Apotex, explaining the limited blood on her upper body clothing and maybe to alter the apparent sequence and timing of the crime ?
rbbm. speculation, imo.
Private investigators believe Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, source says | CBC News
"The private investigators have found evidence that both Barry and Honey Sherman had their necks wrapped with leather belts that were then knotted around a handrail that runs adjacent to the pool, the source told CBC Toronto. A coroner previously ruled that the couple had died from "ligature neck compression," or strangulation.

Their bodies were otherwise limp and their arms unbound when they were discovered, the source said. The day the Shermans were found police said that there was no evidence of forced entry into the home.

The team of private investigators believes that the Shermans were, in fact, killed on Dec. 13, two days before they were found. This conclusion is based on the fact that Honey was wearing the same clothes she was last seen in, on Dec. 13, according to the source.

Private investigators also believe that Honey struggled with her killer or killers. She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said."

She was found in the same clothes. Does that mean outerwear? Or does that mean some kind of blazer?

I never changed after work. Do most people? But then again, I never wore a dress and nylons

She was found in the same clothes. Does that mean outerwear? Or does that mean some kind of blazer?

I never changed after work. Do most people? But then again, I never wore a dress and nylons
Thinking that HS was found wearing all the same clothing that she was seen wearing at Apotex.
Most females i know change as soon as possible when they get home, perhaps an old habit formed back in the days when a school uniform was worn and had to stay clean.
imo.

Re post of ( warning ) graphic details of deaths.
Maybe Honey came home and did in fact change her clothing before the perp(s) caused her to bleed?
Perhaps she was redressed in the original clothing and outerwear she wore to Apotex, explaining the limited blood on her upper body clothing and maybe to alter the apparent sequence and timing of the crime ?
rbbm. speculation, imo.
Private investigators believe Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, source says | CBC News
"The private investigators have found evidence that both Barry and Honey Sherman had their necks wrapped with leather belts that were then knotted around a handrail that runs adjacent to the pool, the source told CBC Toronto. A coroner previously ruled that the couple had died from "ligature neck compression," or strangulation.

Their bodies were otherwise limp and their arms unbound when they were discovered, the source said. The day the Shermans were found police said that there was no evidence of forced entry into the home.

The team of private investigators believes that the Shermans were, in fact, killed on Dec. 13, two days before they were found. This conclusion is based on the fact that Honey was wearing the same clothes she was last seen in, on Dec. 13, according to the source.

Private investigators also believe that Honey struggled with her killer or killers. She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said."

Question for the forensically knowledgeable posters here. If honey was beaten and strangled and left lying on the ground for a while before being hung up, would there be a pool of blood under her face where she was lying? I guess I am wondering if the bleeding continues after the heart stops beating.

Whether anything was discussed between the two or not, I’m missing the link to how talk of that nature relate to the tragedy that actually took place 20 or years later. It would seem to me to be contrary for a conniving spouse to end their own life at the same time as the victim, regardless of how the death took place, if they’d spent an entire lifetime locked in hatred, looking to arrange a “whacking”.

What it shows is that Barry isn't the docile, loving husband that the press made him out to be. The fact that he would even consider something like that, and that he would take it so far as to contact another person about it, simply tells you what he was capable of. I definitely believe that Honey's death was related to the upcoming move and the meeting with the architect. I highly doubt that a guy like Barry, who had no problem driving around in cheap old cars, was on board with upgrading to an even larger luxury mansion than he already had. I think he came home, put his foot down, then it escalated.

Question for the forensically knowledgeable posters here. If honey was beaten and strangled and left lying on the ground for a while before being hung up, would there be a pool of blood under her face where she was lying? I guess I am wondering if the bleeding continues after the heart stops beating.

Bleed will stop for the most part when the heart stops. However, depending on the position of the body, gravity will play a part, and blood can still flow.

What it shows is that Barry isn't the docile, loving husband that the press made him out to be. The fact that he would even consider something like that, and that he would take it so far as to contact another person about it, simply tells you what he was capable of. I definitely believe that Honey's death was related to the upcoming move and the meeting with the architect. I highly doubt that a guy like Barry, who had no problem driving around in cheap old cars, was on board with upgrading to an even larger luxury mansion than he already had. I think he came home, put his foot down, then it escalated.

This was not their first foray into the new home. Had the idea not been going on for a long time?

Barry may have been frugal with his own life, but he didn’t mind handing out money to others. Look at the luxuries he provided the cousins even though he knew some were addicts.

I am frugal with many things but extravagant in other ways. We all make choices with money.

Their present house looks like it had stair issues. The pool area looks very dark and unappealing.

In my experience, many men look at a house as a dwelling unit. A bed, chair, televison and whatever else such as gym equipment is great.

Art work, attractive rugs and furniture, fresh flowers, nice linens, dishes, attractive appliances, and so on are totally not of interest to many men.

My husband likes to quote the Red, Green show.

“I am a man. I can change. If I have to.I guess.”

The Red Green Show - Wikiquote

Last edited:
Barry Sherman: A fierce fighter who helped revolutionize Canada's drug industry

"I find no inconsistency in holding intellectually that life has no meaning, while at the same time being highly motivated to survive and to achieve," he added.

Maybe, BS' point of enough surviving/achieving was reached finally.

Why? He was receiving awards and there is always plenty more to do in the world.

He had the means to achieve a lot of different things.

Look at Hawkings. He kept achieving and achieving.

This was not their first foray into the new home. Had the idea not been going on for a long time?

Barry may have been frugal with his own life, but he didn’t mind handing out money to others. Look at the luxuries he provided the cousins even though he knew some were addicts.

I am frugal with many things but extravagant in other ways. We all make choices with money.

Their present house looks like it had stair issues. The pool area looks very dark and unappealing.

In my experience, many men look at a house as a dwelling unit. A bed, chair, televison and whatever else such as gym equipment is great.

Art work, attractive rugs and furniture, fresh flowers, nice linens, dishes, attractive appliances, and so on are totally not of interest to many men.

Rbbm.
Not that that it was BS' intention, but some might think the purpose of handing over big bucks to an addict, is to hasten that person's demise.
speculation, imo.

What about the proverbial butler?

I don't mean to imply that such a person committed the murders, but did the victims employ live in, or near live in maids, cooks or perhaps even body guards? Also, did the victim drive himself, or have a driver? Many billionaires apparently feel that time spent concentrating on driving is time wasted.

Though I imagine that billionaires have different preferences in staffing ranging from "few at part time" to "a small legion of full timers, including high end bodyguards" ala pre-president Trump, there was an apparent lack of staff at the mansion.

In short, was the apparent lack of staff at the home routine (and thus could be known and planned for by a perpetrator very familiar with the victims and the house), or was it just temporary- and thus raising the possibility of an outside type perpetrator getting "lucky"? Likewise, a very temporary lack of staff could raise the possibility of an inside perpetrator acting on specific knowledge regarding staff.

Last edited:
It’s true: he gave me millions knowing that l was on drugs. I’m amazed l didn’t OD like my brother.

If money was so important that he would not want to spend it on a new house, does it make sense that he would give millions to people who would totally waste it?

He could make sure the drug users got a bad batch. Who would care if a drug user died from bad drugs

The rumoured info that Honey had lain bleeding, and presumably killed, right by the pool railing, contradicts an earlier rumour that there was evidence she'd been killed elsewhere and moved.

Hard to imagine the couple having an argument beside the pool. It points to a plan, and someone forcing her to walk to that location.

Also thinking: cleaners were upstairs in the home, did they notice any blood?

But, it's just rumours.

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-and-honey-sherman-were-murdered-by-multiple-killers-private-investigators-believe-source-1.4496686

Last edited by a moderator:

All very true, but on the other side of the coin there are plenty of elderly people that despise the idea of moving. As their new home was still in the planning stage, and their current home was already on the market, There would likely be an interim home as well. Possibly Barry was at the stage in life where he thought he should be simplifying and downsizing, whilst Honey was concerned about expanding and becoming more elaborate?

All I am saying is that if this is a murder/suicide, the fact that it happened within hours of meeting with the architect about the new home, leads me to believe that this could very well have been the catalyst that lit the fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail