Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
She lead the PI directly to Lucas' remains. She knew exactly where he was this entire time. While the finer details will come out eventually, to me, I've heard enough of her side.
Exactly. When you think about the levels of crimes against children she is at worst of worst, as she left him out there and agonised family for 3 months. Some of these despicable people will at least call emergency with some rubbish story. But no not this thing, she not only said nothing she pointed at other people. I personally think that in itself deserves a mandatory sentence of life.

I don't think EG requested to be interviewed - it looks like anyone can go online and request a video visitation with an inmate. You have to sign up for the service and provide government ID for your account to get approved. I could be wrong, but I think he was just hoping she would accept the visitation and say something to him.

Who takes a deceased child and hides him? The abuser that's who. There is no other reason. If he had died from illness she wouldn't need to hide him. She hid him because she was hiding his harm she did to him. That is the only sensible conclusion.
She had to. She couldn’t afford for anyone to see what she’d done to him so it had to be somewhere that he wouldn’t be found while the evidence was still viable on his body. I’m just praying like crazy that some indications were still apparent and the autopsy results reflect it! Because I honestly don’t want to see this person walk free EVER

Btw.....my new avatar is not a pic of me. She's supposed to squint her eyes in a suspicious manner but the movement isn't working. I need to figure that part out. :cool:

You don't need to figure it - gifs don't work for Avatars, unfortunately....

Rest in peace Lucas
rose-smiley.gif

I can promise you 100% andthean some, that in a panic I won't be hiding a child's body under a bridge 20 miles from home and then calmly pretending he wandered off. ...I don't know how I'd react, but I am sure it would be none of this.
There's no way that I could ever be able to hide the truth about something like that from family, friends, and LE. Then again, I have a conscience and it would haunt me the rest of my life. I would never be able to sleep again in peace. She knew what she did and why. No one will ever convince me that this wasn't premeditated. Perhaps it happened earlier than she planned, but she abused that child over and over again. IF the rumor is true that she is pregnant- she had plans for her little family, and they didn't included Lucas.

Last edited:
I had posted the (unpopular) thought in last thread that I gave EG credit for leading the PI to Lucas.

BUT...having read a few versions of how finding Lucas went down, I got to thinking.

Did she physically lead the PI to the remains or did he read her clues and body language so well that she figuratively lead him to the remains (with her words). People can be lead to things in different ways.

Anyway, I take back any credit I gave her...she is not deserving. IMO

Another thought...I see discussion about the darkness on that evening.

#1) Do we know it was dark when she disposed of him? I know it has been suggested such, but is it a fact?

#2) If it was dark, wouldn't her car headlights be enough light for her dastardly deed?

#3) Is there any indication, from where he was, that she physically went under the bridge to dispose of him or is it possible she simply dumped him off the side of the bridge and the rains pushed him further under the bridge/culvert?
ETA: I see Pink answered this earlier stating he had to have been placed there.

So many questions.

I believe at the end of the last thread someone said they had pictures of the culvert and did we want to see them here? Yes, I would like to see them. If they were already posted, I may have missed it.

Last edited:
My youngest son died in his sleep when he was 2 months old. (Originally labeled SIDS then later labeled complications from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We knew I had it, didn't know he did.) I can attest to the fact that although I called 911 and got my oldest child dressed to rush to the hospital with the ambulance, my first thought was NOT to hide the body and create a fictional story.
So sorry to hear this- how heartbreaking!

I can't sleep and my mind keeps racing about sweet Lucas.

I've been seriously thinking that EG wasn't alone when Lucas was placed under the bridge. When we were told to focus on the late hours Friday/early Saturday (I can't get into her mind at all) but I imagine it would probably have been pitch dark. It is very, very rural even in February without the foliage. Yikes. I would have been terrified climbing down there. She must have parked on the road. Even during the night she risked being seen by someone driving by.

I just can't even begin to understand, especially if she was alone.
Not to mention, she was clearly looking for a spot to hide him, in the dark. That would be very hard to do alone, late at night, by yourself, while driving. Unless she had been there previously and though that would be a good hiding place, just how would she know to put him there while driving when it was dark out? That's a very remote area. I don't know, she could have done it by herself, but if she did, she got real lucky for three months.

I truly believe there is a reason she waited so long to come forward and held out. The PI has some serious skills but I also believe the timing was right. By letting Lucas be out there for 3 long months a lot of evidence of what she had put him through has disappeared. His bruises, cuts, scrapes, burns, malnutrition and otber horrible evidence that I don’t even want to think about let alone write. She had to be sure to cover her own rear. I’m praying that a COD can be found and charges can be brought against her. I have no doubt it was apart of her plan.

I also wonder what she did with her daughter while she was taking Lucas to the bridge. Was she with her? If so that’s seriously sick. Did she have someone else watch her? If she had someone watch her that night or day that might lend a clue of when it happened. I tend to believe it was that night. I wonder if that person was in on it as well.

I had posted the (unpopular) thought in last thread that I gave EG credit for leading the PI to Lucas.

BUT...having read a few versions of how finding Lucas went down, I got to thinking.

Did she physically lead the PI to the remains or did he read her clues and body language so well that she figuratively lead him to the remains (with her words). People can be lead to things in different ways.

Anyway, I take back any credit I gave her...she is not deserving. IMO

Another thought...I see discussion about the darkness on that evening.

#1) Do we know it was dark when she disposed of him? I know it has been suggested such, but is it a fact?

#2) If it was dark, wouldn't her car headlights be enough light for her dastardly deed?

#3) Is there any indication, from where he was, that she physically went under the bridge to dispose of him or is it possible she simply dumped him off the side of the bridge and the rains pushed him further under the bridge/culvert?

So many questions.

I believe at the end of the last thread someone said they had pictures of the culvert and did we want to see them here? Yes, I would like to see them. If they were already posted, I may have missed it.
In response to the bolded section, the multiple search groups all had the same information. I don't know if this occurred, but it's possible and what we think may have happened is one of the groups possibly fed the info to the PI prior to him meeting with EG, so he was armed with some knowledge before first meeting her. That's speculation on my part, but is the only thing that makes sense in how they ended up driving out there in the first place.

According to the media interviews with the PI, they drove around out there for a few hours and she would become nervous each time they neared the place Lucas was found. He used his skillset of reading body language and getting people to talk to get her to finally alert on the exact spot. At least that how I interpreted his quotes.

I also wonder what she did with her daughter while she was taking Lucas to the bridge. Was she with her? Did she have someone else watch her? If she had someone watch her that night or day that might lend a clue of when it happened. I tend to believe it was that night. I wonder if that person was in on it as well.

Considering she left Lucas home alone, I'd imagine she would have left the daughter home alone too.
Another option is, maybe she was not AT home when this happened. I always forget to consider that possibility.

Not to mention, she was clearly looking for a spot to hide him, in the dark. That would be very hard to do alone, late at night, by yourself, while driving. Unless she had been there previously and though that would be a good hiding place, just how would she know to put him there while driving when it was dark out? That's a very remote area. I don't know, she could have done it by herself, but if she did, she got real lucky for three months.
You are very observant. When you view the location from google street view (not aerial), it's definitely not a spot you'd even know about if you were out randomly driving around. She had to have known about this particular culvert's features prior to bringing Lucas out there. From the road (according to google street view), it doesn't look like anything.

I also wonder what she did with her daughter while she was taking Lucas to the bridge. Was she with her? If so that’s seriously sick. Did she have someone else watch her? If she had someone watch her that night or day that might lend a clue of when it happened. I tend to believe it was that night. I wonder if that person was in on it as well.
Or maybe they all piled in the car and went for a drive? By "all" I mean EG, daughter, Lucas, and an unknown someone who was helping with directions, or driving, or helping with MH, and then "helping" lose Lucas. Maybe that's where the coincidental location tip where the counties were mixed up came from? No evidence of that, of course. Just wondering, like you are, how exactly the logistics all played out. All opinion, no intent to suggest any facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy