Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very observant. When you view the location from google street view (not aerial), it's definitely not a spot you'd even know about if you were out randomly driving around. She had to have known about this particular culvert's features prior to bringing Lucas out there. From the road (according to google street view), it doesn't look like anything.

It really doesn’t look like anything at all from street view. It was hard to tell it was even a bridge at all. I saw someone say in this thread awhile back, right after news broke of Lucas being found, that this spot used to be popular for getting rid of bodies and Emily must have known that. Did anyone else see that post?

Can it be said if his remains were found in something? Like a garbage bag/suitcase/box? Something that could be linked back to EG?
I've been wondering that myself because in all likelihood she placed protection of some sort in the vehicle. That would tie the object to the home in some way, or at least that's what I'm figuring.

I had posted the (unpopular) thought in last thread that I gave EG credit for leading the PI to Lucas.

BUT...having read a few versions of how finding Lucas went down, I got to thinking.

Did she physically lead the PI to the remains or did he read her clues and body language so well that she figuratively lead him to the remains (with her words). People can be lead to things in different ways.

Anyway, I take back any credit I gave her...she is not deserving. IMO

Another thought...I see discussion about the darkness on that evening.

#1) Do we know it was dark when she disposed of him? I know it has been suggested such, but is it a fact?

#2) If it was dark, wouldn't her car headlights be enough light for her dastardly deed?

#3) Is there any indication, from where he was, that she physically went under the bridge to dispose of him or is it possible she simply dumped him off the side of the bridge and the rains pushed him further under the bridge/culvert?
ETA: I see Pink answered this earlier stating he had to have been placed there.

So many questions.

I believe at the end of the last thread someone said they had pictures of the culvert and did we want to see them here? Yes, I would like to see them. If they were already posted, I may have missed it.
I believe he was placed there. I have pictures. I don't know if I can post them here, if a Mod gives approval I will put them here.

I worry about this too. However (and I'm certainly no legal expert either), in my opinion, the teams running Lucas' investigation and the prosecutors working the legal angle seem far more prepared and tedious than those who handed the CA trial. I believe that Lucas will get justice to the full extent the law allows.

Also, I must express my most sincere condolences to FLA along with your family and friends. Lucas touched my heart deeply. He was such a special little boy who impacted so many. Thoughts are with you.
BBM. True they are holding things close to the vest -- I've been thinking more about this. As much as some have compared it to CA, there are stark differences. One of them is that we don't have Florida's "sunshine" law -- I sometimes wonder if the release of all those jail videos & calls, etc, harmed the case more than helped it. Two, CA did not lead anyone to Caylee's body. She also didn't have a documented history of violence or dealings with child welfare or drug use (that we know of) like EG.

I had posted the (unpopular) thought in last thread that I gave EG credit for leading the PI to Lucas.

BUT...having read a few versions of how finding Lucas went down, I got to thinking.

Did she physically lead the PI to the remains or did he read her clues and body language so well that she figuratively lead him to the remains (with her words). People can be lead to things in different ways.

Anyway, I take back any credit I gave her...she is not deserving. IMO

Another thought...I see discussion about the darkness on that evening.

#1) Do we know it was dark when she disposed of him? I know it has been suggested such, but is it a fact?

#2) If it was dark, wouldn't her car headlights be enough light for her dastardly deed?

#3) Is there any indication, from where he was, that she physically went under the bridge to dispose of him or is it possible she simply dumped him off the side of the bridge and the rains pushed him further under the bridge/culvert?
ETA: I see Pink answered this earlier stating he had to have been placed there.

So many questions.

I believe at the end of the last thread someone said they had pictures of the culvert and did we want to see them here? Yes, I would like to see them. If they were already posted, I may have missed it.

Weather in February 2018 in Wichita, Kansas, USA

I'm anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy to come out. I really hope there is something to indicate her guilt.
I worry about EG's atty fighting the abuse evidence or her shifting the blame on to someone else and claiming she woke up to him dead. This isn't ok -- people can't dispose of a child and wait it out until evidence of abuse disappears and expect to get away with it. I'm trying to remember the no body cases that have been won and hoping that there is enough to convince all 12 jurors to follow their gut and convict her.

Also, last night I took some time to listen to the May 11 NG interview with Missing Pieces Kim Martin and others -- took place right after JH arrest. I had listened to others but hadn't heard this one yet. In it, Kim Martin said something that made me rethink my position on JH and kind of go back to how I felt about him before I "disowned" him.
Friday Crime Stories: Breaking news in missing tot Lucas Hernandez disappearance; jail house mix up ends in suicide
Martin said JH remarked that he couldn't go to jail because he had a family at home -- she realized then how much he didn't really grasp the reality of the situation because Lucas was gone, MH was removed from custody, and JH had cut off all his family. Was he thinking EG was his only family left? Or was he in severe denial? JO understood early on from talking to LE that Lucas was gone and indicated in her interview that JH received the same information.

I guess my point in bringing this up is that I more firmly believe JH had nothing to do with the death or placement of Lucas -- I think he's easily influenced (especially by those who give strength to what he wants to believe) and extremely loyal when it comes to giving people he loves the benefit of the doubt. I think he's going to have a lot of recovery from the "mind-twisting" that EG performed on him. moo.

I am not sure what I am to glean from this in reference to my post?
Not trying to be snarky...genuinely unsure.
I'm guessing she's trying to tell you the weather in Feb when Lucas was missing was warm and dry, followed by ice storm and most heavy rains didn't start until recently....? But I didn't click the link, just hazarding a guess. So rain may not have moved him anywhere?

If you go back to the night of February 16-17th it shows not only the temperature, but also the amount of moonlight--hour by hour for overcast, partly cloudy, passing clouds etc. That would give an idea of the amount of light available throughout that night, as we do not have a specified time available at this point.

There was a question about conditions that night.

Cold, no moon.

This link ought to fill you in on visualizing the circumstances EG was working with.

I'd really rather we had everything regarding the other line of questioning erased from public record here as it's been said most of what we talk about ends up disseminated for gossip elsewhere.

Think about the investigation and case. Think about Justice for Lucas.

What is more important? Itching a temporary scratch, or absolving the absolute abyss of extreme anguish Lucas' loved one's are experiencing (which our own sorrows for Lucas are not 1 billionth of).

There are SO MANY THINGS I think about that are just NOT for here or the public. Those things WILL have their day.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to anyone who loses a child but I can't accept denial and loyalty as an excuse. It is not like Lucas death came out of the blue and there were no signs. The bruises were seen, there was violence in the home, drug use, long term illness etc. He might not of believed it would ever go this far, but he accepted and participated in the lifestyle these children were put in. I may come across as very cold but I can sympathize that he lost his child in a horrific way and still feel like he played a part in the final outcome by not taking steps to stop and protect the children and I believe it is time that people be held accountable for their choices, Lucas wasn't given a choice.

I do have a concern .. maybe I’m way off base . It seems to me they processed where they found Lucas very quickly. Any thoughts??
No I have same thought. I said same as well even and I am not understanding why but as soon as I seen you post I read no further and replied so answer might be further down. I been off for few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77