Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bugs me, in this photo, that the seatbelt is buckled. Why is the seatbelt buckled?

My first guess would be because he wasn’t in his booster seat the last time she drove that car.

First thing I noticed when I saw it was that the back of his seat looks to be in the position it would be in if she had put the seat down then back up w/o adjusting it. Hope that makes sense.

Edited after looking at the photo again:
The seatbelt is not buckled. The upper portion is just caught on the armrest.

Poor sweet Lucas. To know that he was in that place, alone, saddens me so much.

It's comforting to know that he's now in a place where he feels tremendous love and will no longer feel pain and sadness.

Poor sweet Lucas. To know that he was in that place, alone, saddens me so much.

It's comforting to know that he's now in a place where he feels tremendous love and will no longer feel pain and sadness.

I take a small amount of comfort knowing that the place he patiently waited to be found for so long is very peaceful.

I bugs me, in this photo, that the seatbelt is buckled. Why is the seatbelt buckled?
Is it actually buckled? It looks like it is just pulled far enough to be fed through the clip (if you want to call it that) that holds it onto the booster seat.

Hi there. My little one died from a ruptured aortic aneurysm ( we didn't know he had one). AAs are common in VEDS and the biggest COD. For the first 7 after I used to get really angry and say that there is no "at least" when a child dies. I hated it when people would try to comfort me by saying, "Well at least he..." You don't get that in a child's death-there is no comfort to be found in the early years. Now, however, I can be somewhat thankful that he went in his sleep and didn't suffer, probably didn't feel a thing at all.

I wish I could say the same for Lucas. I wish the story about him dying in his sleep from "natural causes" was the real one. Someone said that he is too old for SIDS. That's true, but children can still die in their sleep from unexplained causes (SIDS is a COD by exclusion, meaning that every other COD has been ruled out and they just don't know). The coding is just different. In older children it's called SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death of a Child) and it's a COD of exclusion, just like SIDS.

Man, how I WISH that were true of Lucas-that the little guy just went down for a nap and slipped peacefully away. We know it's not, though. It makes me angry. Such a pointless thing to do. There are plenty of people out there who love children and can't have them of their own; there were plenty of people out there who loved HIM and would've taken care of him. So many things about this crime are enraging.
I am sorry to hear of your little one. I just found out I have a aortic aneurysm ( I am 47 and know nothing about them, doctor is doing nothing either). Anyhow I just wanted to send you a hug. Loosing children is tough.

Upon closer inspection of the booster seat, I think the upper part was wrapped behind the headrest on the seat. I just tried to replicate it in my car and this is what it looked like.

Attachments

• 0B633725-2655-44A2-BA91-45A8E3451CB9.jpeg
    0B633725-2655-44A2-BA91-45A8E3451CB9.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 146
  • ED5477A5-FF2D-4481-866E-1C2DF8F3D8DD.jpeg
    ED5477A5-FF2D-4481-866E-1C2DF8F3D8DD.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 142
Maybe that's why she was doing all that laundry..OR where the bare feet come into play????
Her written statement focused on eating, water (bath), cleaning, laundry and her hands. All five factors enter into her reality that night. She offered all these indicators in an open statement, not an interview with Q&A. There are hidden meanings in those words.

Her written statement focused on eating, water (bath), cleaning, laundry and her hands. All five factors enter into her reality that night. She offered all these indicators in an open statement, not an interview with Q&A. There are hidden meanings in those words.

BBM

Considering whether the crime scene processors found any cigarette butts for the evidence collection. Considering whether LE is interrogating the neighbors about the area or events of a few months prior:

"They were standing outside and talking and smoking a cigarette and it was actually pretty early morning so I went out there to be like hey is everything okay? Do you need to come inside? Are you stranded? They were just like, no and just like looked at me like I offended them or something."

Lets talk about hidden meanings.

Lets talk about ends left WIDE open.

Before the news broke of Lucas being found I was reading a lot on monkey bar ( 7 ft high) falls and the injuries that have happened. Concussions, headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea and vomiting, lacerations (cuts) and contusions (bruises) are also on the list of most common injuries.

Lucas fell on January 22 and was in the nurses office on January 23 vomiting.

I also read about internal injuries children had after a fall and they were not taken to the ER. to get checked out. So this was on my mind before we learned Lucas was found. I wondered if he had a head injury and internal injuries from his fall the end of January. On top of what happened that caused his passing.

And The Most Dangerous Place For Kids On The Playground Is...

Trauma on the Monkey Bars? Playground Concussions Are on the Rise

Interesting. I know of a 7 yr old that fell from the monkey bars, she and her friend didn't tell anyone, because they were out of class and supposed to be going to the bathroom. And a few days later she became very very sick, and they found she had internal bleeding. When she fell, he landed on her bended knee, in her lower abdomen.

SHE SURVIVED, THANK GOODNESS.

Remember that story about the supposed doctors note--saying he had a stomach bug? Did she really take him in to the doctor? Or was that a forgery?

Interesting. I know of a 7 yr old that fell from the monkey bars, she and her friend didn't tell anyone, because they were out of class and supposed to be going to the bathroom. And a few days later she became very very sick, and they found she had internal bleeding. When she fell, he landed on her bended knee, in her lower abdomen.

SHE SURVIVED, THANK GOODNESS.

Remember that story about the supposed doctors note--saying he had a stomach bug? Did she really take him in to the doctor? Or was that a forgery?

We don’t know yet.

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )
You
I also wonder what she did with her daughter while she was taking Lucas to the bridge. Was she with her? If so that’s seriously sick. Did she have someone else watch her? If she had someone watch her that night or day that might lend a clue of when it happened. I tend to believe it was that night. I wonder if that person was in on it as well.

Yes where was M at the time?

Quick question I haven't seen asked. This will be for the locals and more specifically those who were out there...the bridge/culvert where Lucas was placed - is that a standard one for the area? As mentioned it is quite small and you wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it or knew it was there. Are there more like it in the area that are the same or similar? I am just thinking if this is a standard type of runoff used in the rural areas, if you've seen one you've seen a dozen type things - like maybe she hadn't been to this EXACT one before, but she knows there are lots of them around? Thanks in advance for anyone who can advise :)

I apologize I wasn’t tying to derail the thread and I will keep on track... whenever the conversation turns to people seeking and receiving services, I feel it is important to show that perspective of just how difficult it really is.
EG showed her contempt for any services or parenting or anger classes offered or even court ordered. She had no qualms with her behavior nor any scruples about how she behaves around children- hers or anyone else’s. This is plainly evident in the court documents regarding her visitation for her bio sons, the arrest history shown in the news, and the reports made about Lucas being abused. I would say IMO but it’s not it’s fact easily demonstrated.

You didn't derail it. You added greatly to it, by discussing a very relevant personal experience.

I appreciate when members do so. That's what make our discussions here so fascinating and educational, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken