NY NY - Manhattan, Wht/HispMale 18-25, UP16788, living in Canada, 'Alex Pitney', Aug'69

FROM POST #14. I can't seem to highlight something. Bringing this forward because it says he is unwilling to provide information.

https://www.gurufocus.com/news/45476...ntify-this-man

MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct 19, 2016) - Canada Border Services Agency
Note to editors: There are four photos associated with this Press Release.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is requesting the public's assistance in identifying an individual currently being held under immigration detention. The individual has been found inadmissible to Canada and is currently detained under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as a potential flight risk and is unwilling to provide information to his true identity.

The CBSA investigation indicates that he entered Canada on August 2, 1969 at Montréal via the Napierville Junction Rail Road train no. 9. The train's departure location was New York City and it is believed that the individual could have family in New York or the United States. Since his arrival he has claimed (and continues to claim) that he migrated to Canada to evade the military draft.

The individual appears to be over the age of 65.

It doesn't mean he is necessarily a wanted person. He is illegal in Canada and can't proof somehow he was born in the USA and so an American citizen and can't be send back. I think he came illegal into America at quite a young age. In the worst case smuggled into America, maybe even kidnapped or he entered with relatives. I have the feeling he is capable of recollecting things, but doesn't want to tell the real story for whatever reason. Maybe he himself doesn't really care and he is ok in Toronto. Somehow he (or somebody arranged it for him) got a social security number under a false name (we don't even know that for sure). Wonder how this works, I can imagine that the US government needs a birth certificate..... He probably worked or was put to work. There's documentation (wish I knew what kind) that he was in America from at least 1960 up to 1969.

If you ask me...Either Europe (Spain or Portugal) or South America (Mexico, a lot of other country's) He might even come from as far as Peru.. considering his looks and color...

He looks of Hispanic rather than Southern European descent to me, esp in his younger photos.

His ancestry looks to me like it could be from one of the South Am countries, or Mexico or Central Am, but the largest population of Hispanics in NYC in the 1960s may have been from Puerto Rico, I think.

They must have done a more recent DNA test by now I would think to confirm whether or not he has Hispanic origins (which apparently has not helped in identifying him).

Actually, I believe that Southern European is likelier. I believe that the Dodecanese might fit the profile (Karpathos island), where I saw men similar to our UID. However, it's only my interpretation worth what it worth (FWIW, I speak Greek too. I can hold a conversation in this language even if my Greek is a bit rusty now).

List of FBI most wanted, though it's a veeery long shot IMOO : https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fugitives

Epiphany or anyone else, if you want to call the case manager, go for it !! I don't feel comfortable calling LE, furthermore in English.
You are allowed to "steal" it ;)

He looks of Hispanic rather than Southern European descent to me, esp in his younger photos.
I saw one younger photo, some others are in the article in post #14 I assume ?

If so, they are so grainy that I am unable to tell his ancestry by the younger photos.

I also add that there was quite an Italian immigration in South America between the 1930's and the 1960's, so IMHO, we can't rule out Southern Europe mixed with South American ancestry together.

FWIW, my cousin is of South-Western France, but people in Canada and Mexico assume she is of First Nation ancestry when they look at her.
Actually, she was born and raised in the South-West of France !
This short story to say that it's very tricky to estimate ancestry based on appearance.

I saw one younger photo, some others are in the article in post #14 I assume ?

If so, they are so grainy that I am unable to tell his ancestry by the younger photos.

I also add that there was quite an Italian immigration in South America between the 1930's and the 1960's, so IMHO, we can't rule out Southern Europe mixed with South American ancestry together.

FWIW, my cousin is of South-Western France, but people in Canada and Mexico assume she is of First Nation ancestry when they look at her.
Actually, she was born and raised in the South-West of France !
This short story to say that it's very tricky to estimate ancestry based on appearance.

http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/PITNEY, Alex Pic from 1960 something.jpg

http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/PITNEY, Alex - Copy of OLDER 60s PHOTO.JPG

What about this little guy?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4807dmmx.html born in Mexico 1951...disappeared when 3 years old.

Lorenzo "Lenchito" Vazquez Lazalde was about 3 years old when his El Paso relatives last saw him in Juárez. That was in 1954.
His mother, Virginia Lazalde, said her son was at a relative's home playing outdoors when he vanished. "Over the years, we received rumors that he was killed in an accident in Juárez, and later that he was spirited by different relatives to El Paso and then that he was taken to California, but we were never able to confirm these stories," the mother said. Others said they saw the boy get on a public transport bus in Juárez after someone called out to him by his by his nickname, "Lenchito."

After a few days, I think it's a why not match.

Nothing negative, but nothing compelling either for this match.

Waiting for other opinions. Because I am unsure.

After a few days, I think it's a why not match.

Nothing negative, but nothing compelling either for this match.

Waiting for other opinions. Because I am unsure.

It's ok Giucy....as far as we know he could also be a Colombian guy fleeing the drugs cartel(s)

Hmmm Did a DNA test with FAMILY TREE DNA and it's saying this Alex Pitman is a close relative of mine. An email was sent to me by someone from the Canadian Border Patrol but he was pretending to be Alex Pitman. Maybe a joke! At first, I thought it was my 1/2 uncle but when I scrolled down, the other pics didn't look like him. If it is, my uncle he is from Riverside, California and he is Hispanic.

The pic that Big of Hope posted does not look like my uncle. But the two pictures at the top of page one do look like him. In that pic he has a button top shirt with a dark sweater and this is how he used to dress. Even back then he had several aliases.

Virginia 1, if you think it's him at all, I'd reply back and find out more- weird how the DNA thing works now I am currently in touch with 2 Aunts my Fathers half sisters all from different Fathers. Anyway, you could contact the NamUs clerk too. Let us know what you uncover. He looks Hispanic to me or even with some Asian Ancestory Unidentified Person Case

A really unusual case of a still-living man with no identity. He appears to be a draft dodger from the way I'm reading it. However, I can't quite figure out whether he was/is deliberately keeping his identity secret or if he has/had amnesia and literally doesn't know exactly who he is.

Unidentified Person Case

What do you think? Personally, I think he looks much older than the estimated range of 18-25 in his old photo. If they're really off on his age, that alone could be hindering identification.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back