Trafficking Of Migrant Children?

So...anyone hearing anything on the news about this? This might just be what’s puts me out there. Finally loud and noisy.

It's only going to get worse with the zero-tolerance policy that was announced Monday.

"They can range in ages from babies to 17. The majority of the children are coming from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala. They are children who have been deemed to be unaccompanied. In the past, what that has meant was that they arrive without a parent or legal guardian who could care for them. They’re transferred to [ORR] so that they can then find a relative or somebody to place that child with and care for them. Now, under the new policies of the Trump administration, we’re seeing many many more of these children who arrive with a parent or guardian but who are being separated from them. The US government is actually turning them into unaccompanied children."

Here's how the government managed to lose track of 1,500 migrant children (link for above text)

"From October to December 2017, HHS called 7,635 children the agency had placed with sponsors, and found 6,075 of the children were still living with their sponsors, 28 had run away, five had been deported and 52 were living with someone else. The rest were missing, said Steven Wagner, acting assistant secretary at HHS."

"The “zero-tolerance” measure announced Monday could split up thousands of families because children are not allowed in criminal jails. Until now, most families apprehended crossing the border illegally have been released to await civil deportation hearings."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-last-year-heres-why-people-are-outraged-now/
(Link for above text)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="vmmking, post: 14127371, member: 158085

Here's how the government managed to lose track of 1,500 migrant children

"From October to December 2017, HHS called 7,635 children the agency had placed with sponsors, and found 6,075 of the children were still living with their sponsors, 28 had run away, five had been deported and 52 were living with someone else. The rest were missing, said Steven Wagner, acting assistant secretary at HHS."

"The “zero-tolerance” measure announced Monday could split up thousands of families because children are not allowed in criminal jails. Until now, most families apprehended crossing the border illegally have been released to await civil deportation hearings."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-last-year-heres-why-people-are-outraged-now/[/QUOTE]

RSBM
I cannot wrap my head around this. How do you "lose" nearly 1,500 people??? They called all 7,635 sponsors? What did they say for the kids who are missing? How does this happen?

[QUOTE="vmmking, post: 14127371, member: 158085

Here's how the government managed to lose track of 1,500 migrant children

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-last-year-heres-why-people-are-outraged-now/

RSBM
I cannot wrap my head around this. How do you "lose" nearly 1,500 people??? They called all 7,635 sponsors? What did they say for the kids who are missing? How does this happen?[/QUOTE]

It makes no sense to me either.....but it's horrifying. I really think that trying to get them listed as missing on a database might light a fire under some asses. I found a public defender mentioned in an article on linkedin, and messaged her- Those would be the type of people with names and details of these kids who I *think* might be able to release that info???? I don't know how else to go about it

The real kick in the pants is that trump's admin had been pushing this whole "register voluntarily" horseshit to undocumented people- like THAT'S gonna happen now- "come to ICE and lose your children. " Smh.

Well said Lucy.

Many people are truly lacking in humanity and empathy. We who are blessed should never stop considering the plight of others and it's effect on the decisions they are sometimes forced to make.

This is abhorrent. 1,500 children LOST. Those children are God knows where. Sounds like a large portion of them ended up with child traffickers. How can we as a society view that as OK or "not that big of a deal"? It would do us all good to have empathy and compassion towards others.

RSBM
I cannot wrap my head around this. How do you "lose" nearly 1,500 people??? They called all 7,635 sponsors? What did they say for the kids who are missing? How does this happen?

It makes no sense to me either.....but it's horrifying. I really think that trying to get them listed as missing on a database might light a fire under some asses. I found a public defender mentioned in an article on linkedin, and messaged her- Those would be the type of people with names and details of these kids who I *think* might be able to release that info???? I don't know how else to go about it

The real kick in the pants is that trump's admin had been pushing this whole "register voluntarily" horseshit to undocumented people- like THAT'S gonna happen now- "come to ICE and lose your children. " Smh.
I have been pushing to get people to ask their Reps to make sure the children who are missing get added to the NCMEC and or Namus. I think it's possible some of them have been reported missing, or found as UID's. I am working on compiling a list of potential cases in both categories and will share as soon as I have some time to compile them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back