Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if a law is to happen from all this it should be something to do with hiding a body. There should be some serious consequences for doing that because there is never a good reason to hide a body. If someone dies, there is a protocol that most people follow and it drives me crazy seeing cases where a body is hidden long enough that important evidence regarding the circumstances of the death can no longer be found. It is the person's intent to have that happen because I can't think of any other reason why someone feels they have to hide a body.

I wonder if EG's ex would testify to refute any claims that his sons hurt Lucas in rough play. I think if anything like that happened he would know about it. At any rate he could testify that he was never aware of anything like that happening, if that is the case.

Back to the law...if they could find a way to charge that differently or make it a more serious crime than it apparently is now, that might make (some) perps consider that hiding the body might hurt them more than it could help. I just think it's too easy for these killers to say the person died accidentally and they "panicked and didn't know what else to do..."

I could be completely wrong, but I believe it's not. JO's grandfather's funeral was in May of 2017 (give or take, she said a year ago in podcast) -- this photo was taken in January 2018
Jan. 22, 2018: Lucas came to Beech Elementary School with nine abrasions and bruises, according to an interview of the school nurse by a DCF social worker on Feb. 20, three days after his stepmother reported him missing.

So, Emily knew about the interview probably right before she got arrested. Then, her opening words of her only public/yet confined announcement to the world was really not about finding Lucas but about throwing the cousins under the bus. This is what she threw out as her lead card to play. This isn’t her ace in the hole though, JH is. Emily holds a lot in the vault. Once the trial starts it’s all gonna come tumbling out. It’s possible to expect more charges say LE. She’ll turn on JH faster than blood.

I am very saddened and disturbed by this whole case. That poor baby went through so much pain. My only consolation is that he no longer has to live with fear or pain. One thing my mind keeps going back to is why was EG giving Lucas Zofran? Maybe @FindLucasAllen can elaborate? When he was with you and your family was this medication sent with him? In her statement she mentions giving it to him. Am I the only one who thinks she mentioned giving it to him so she would seem like a good caregiver that actually cared for Lucas?

I think if a law is to happen from all this it should be something to do with hiding a body. There should be some serious consequences for doing that because there is never a good reason to hide a body. If someone dies, there is a protocol that most people follow and it drives me crazy seeing cases where a body is hidden long enough that important evidence regarding the circumstances of the death can no longer be found. It is the person's intent to have that happen because I can't think of any other reason why someone feels they have to hide a body.

I wonder if EG's ex would testify to refute any claims that his sons hurt Lucas in rough play. I think if anything like that happened he would know about it. At any rate he could testify that he was never aware of anything like that happening, if that is the case.

Back to the law...if they could find a way to charge that differently or make it a more serious crime than it apparently is now, that might make (some) perps consider that hiding the body might hurt them more than it could help. I just think it's too easy for these killers to say the person died accidentally and they "panicked and didn't know what else to do..."
I understand the frustration, especially when time has passed and it makes it difficult to establish COD or timeline--the purpose of hiding the body in many cases. However, laws are already on the books and the name just varies "abuse of a corpse" etc etc

I think we will find that an early tip came in from someone close to EG who knew the area he was in hence him being found where he was. I think LE used the info from the tip and were just searching in slightly the wrong area. I have wondered all along why they focused on the parks. I think someone close to EG was just off when they gave the police a tip.
I agree with this 100%.

I have read here that EG was homeless when she connected with JH. I've been googling but can't find any info on EG's past history. Has it been published anywhere?
I asked earlier this today. I’ve tried to find it for a month or so but everyone was talking about it like it was a fact. I didn’t come in until thread 15 or so. I assumed the article had been deleted or most probable it came from SM.

Interviewer: OK, yeah, is there anything else you wanna say?

Emily: I do want peop… I mean, I do want people to know my side, I’m just not there yet, you know… ehm… ‘cause there is a huge history between Lucas’ family from New Mexico and I and all of the accusations… A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys over there and he's a very little, small boy and he can get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful

“...and he's a very little, small boy and he can get hurt easily...”

“We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful.”

Who was telling Emily to be careful? Anybody? Shame on you Jonathan, why didn’t you stand up and protect Lucas?
And why were they telling LUCAS to be careful instead of the bigger boys??

Jan. 22, 2018: Lucas came to Beech Elementary School with nine abrasions and bruises, according to an interview of the school nurse by a DCF social worker on Feb. 20, three days after his stepmother reported him missing.

So, Emily knew about the interview probably right before she got arrested. Then, her opening words of her only public/yet confined announcement to the world was really not about finding Lucas but about throwing the cousins under the bus. This is what she threw out as her lead card to play. This isn’t her ace in the hole though, JH is. Emily holds a lot in the vault. Once the trial starts it’s all gonna come tumbling out. It’s possible to expect more charges say LE. She’ll turn on JH faster than blood.
Maybe @Busylady can clarify, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether the school nurse reported the injuries to DCF immediately upon discovery OR if the nurse report came to light after the disappearance of Lucas. Since the injuries occurred in January, almost a month prior, I think the latter may be true.

ETA: Either way, I think we all know why EG wanted to lead with the bruises--she put them there.

I asked earlier this today. I’ve tried to find it for a month or so but everyone was talking about it like it was a fact. I didn’t come in until thread 15 or so. I assumed the article had been deleted or most probable it came from SM.

If I am remembering correctly, I believe this information was given by Jamie in this interview.
Missing Person: Lucas Hernandez

I think it was , who was a VI at the time, that mentioned this. I honestly don't remember reading it elsewhere, nor in an article for that matter. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about the source, folks. I remember something being said about her using trash bags when she first met Jonathan. Also, keep in mind, if the source was NOT from a legit source, liltexans, Tricia, Cold Pizza and Silly Billy would not have allowed that fact and the discussion that ensued afterwards about it, to stay on the threads.

I don't have time to go back through all the threads right now, but I remember @n_6CC being part of the discussion at one point -- can't remember if it was ever verified or speculation based on prior linkable reports to prior drug use & vandalism charges

ETA: Yeah, what @Steelslady said!

I'm sorry for all the edits, guys & gals! I keep getting interrupted and stupid me hits the button before I finish my thoughts!

Last edited:
I am very saddened and disturbed by this whole case. That poor baby went through so much pain. My only consolation is that he no longer has to live with fear or pain. One thing my mind keeps going back to is why was EG giving Lucas Zofran? Maybe @FindLucasAllen can elaborate? When he was with you and your family was this medication sent with him? In her statement she mentions giving it to him. Am I the only one who thinks she mentioned giving it to him so she would seem like a good caregiver that actually cared for Lucas?
Zofran has been given to people with the stomach flu. I know in the past, it was used and still is for cancer patients suffering from nausea from chemo and radiation. None of us know if he was given a prescription for the flu or if Emily had her own and gave him some of hers. Or, she could have just lied about that, too. Nothing has been confirmed yet as to where the Zofran came from, just Emily's statement that she gave him some before she left for OG because he wasn't feeling good.

Lucas Hernandez' father turns focus on 'laying our sweet child to rest'

Did JH really spell DM's name that way? If he did it doesn't really look good for him.
I can give a pass for spelling/grammar errors--especially to grieving fathers--but considering JH shared DM's post on his own FB page AND spent hours with the guy AND was pumped up about a PI in the first place to get the answers he was looking for AND got said answers within an extremely short period of time....I was very surprised about the spelling error.

AND before I make a wisecrack about the psychopathy that might have played into that error (with or without quotes, your choice), I'll go sit on my hands.

I don't believe anything was ever discussed about EGs boys hurting Lucas. She mentioned that many of his bruises happened when he wasn't in her care, but at her cousins (plural) house- their children (the cousins) were the ones alluded to possibly causing bruises during rough play.

I can give a pass for spelling/grammar errors--especially to grieving fathers--but considering JH shared DM's post on his own FB page AND spent hours with the guy AND was pumped up about a PI in the first place to get the answers he was looking for AND got said answers within an extremely short period of time....I was very surprised about the spelling error.

AND before I make a wisecrack about the psychopathy that might have played into that error (with or without quotes, your choice), I'll go sit on my hands.

I am going to give him a pass on this because he might have wrote it, but the person who typed it for the news site might have been the one who made the spelling error.

I don't believe anything was ever discussed about EGs boys hurting Lucas. She mentioned that many of his bruises happened when he wasn't in her care, but at her cousins (plural) house- their children (the cousins) were the ones alluded to possibly causing bruises during rough play.

Yes, that's my error. It wasn't his brothers; it was his cousins. But there have to be adults who could testify to what might have happened, or not, in rough play.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, thinking of the trial and how the state might refute any of her claims. We don't even know who she will accuse at this point but I am sure the DA will be on top of it all if a case comes together.

Leggo my Eggo, it's time to flip the waffle again.
I believe JH loved Lucas. Or felt like he did.
Sometimes love isn't enough.
And love isn't about you, it's about them -- dealing with the hard stuff and loving even when it's hard or inconvenient or beyond what you hoped, dreamed, & imagined. If it's not what you signed up for.
Love is truth and action.
JH lies to save his own skin -- had he admitted his fault and accepted the blame for hurting this boy, I might feel differently.

I hope he "gets" it now, but I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth