WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Whidbey sailor missing; car found at Deception Pass

A sailor from the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station is missing. His car has been found at the Deception Pass Bridge.

Jean-Marc Faubert, 28, has been missing since early on the morning of Friday, May 25. His car was found about 5:45 a.m. Friday in the south parking lot of the Deception Pass Bridge.
97AA979A-262C-402B-A9B9-C4DB5AEA444C.jpeg
He is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 185 pounds. He is white and bald. He has green eyes and a muscular build. He is believed to be wearing black and white Nike basketball shoes, basketball shorts and a black or purple anime T-shirt.

If you have information on this case, you are asked to call Burlington police Detective Matt Brooks at 360- 755-0921.
4EB3D5C3-B333-409E-A5FB-77B7E1479EFD.jpeg
David Rose Q13 Fox News

Local for me. His car was found at Deception Pass Bridge. Its a beautiful area, but unfortunately also known for suicides. <modsnipped>

*reason for modsnip- no MSM link for statement of fact. Comments from facebook are not allowed to be discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious why it's Burlington PD. Maybe that's where the gf lives and she reported him missing? Oak Harbor is on Whidbey Island in a different county, as is where his car was found. Even if it had been found on the other side of the bridge parking lot, it would be Fidalgo Island/Anacortes. Burlington is east of Anacortes over another (much smaller) bridge.

Unfortunately, any time we hear of someone last being heard from at night and a car being found early the next day in the Deception Pass Bridge parking lot, locals are likely to think suicide because it happens all too often there. We do check tides and currents and searchers will check bays/inlets/bodies of water accordingly. My understanding is the park was also thoroughly searched and it is very unlikely he was hiking there in the middle of the night. It can be precarious during the day.

I do hope he is found soon, so that all who know and love him can have some peace.

So glad to see that Jean-Marc now has a thread! I was looking for one last last night, but there hadn’t been one started yet. Really hoping for some good news in his case soon. This is local to me & hits close to home for several reasons.

His FB post on April 27 is upbeat, expresses gratitude for his advancement, opportunities, his relationship, and looks forward to hanging out with friends before going to Japan...which he seems happy about.
What happened in the last 4 weeks to have possibly taken such a drastic turn? <modsnip>

His FB post on April 27 is upbeat, expresses gratitude for his advancement, opportunities, his relationship, and looks forward to hanging out with friends before going to Japan...which he seems happy about.
What happened in the last 4 weeks to have possibly taken such a drastic turn? <modsnip>

Its so hard to know what's really going on in anyone's mind. Many people who commit suicide seem very upbeat on the surface. And again, finding his car where it was, suicide seems most likely. We may never know. Many people have been thought to have jumped here and their bodies are never found. Two from WS come to mind, both having driven approximately 80 miles to get to Deception Pass Bridge, Krishna Venkatesh in October, 2014 and Joshua Milton in December 2015. There have been so many more.

Its so hard to know what's really going on in anyone's mind. Many people who commit suicide seem very upbeat on the surface. And again, finding his car where it was, suicide seems most likely. We may never know. Many people have been thought to have jumped here and their bodies are never found. Two from WS come to mind, both having driven approximately 80 miles to get to Deception Pass Bridge, Krishna Venkatesh in October, 2014 and Joshua Milton in December 2015. There have been so many more.

And since people naturally assume that based on notoriety, all the more reason to make sure it wasn't foul play.

<modsnip>

As per Websleuths TOS, the gf’s FB is off-limits. Related discussion has been removed.

Websleuths is fact-based and does not allow discussion about statement analysis.

Also, a “reply I received from someone” is not a valid source and is therefore rumour. Websleuths doesn't do rumour. If you can’t link it (i.e. MSM, LE, public documents), don’t post it.

Last edited:
Do we know for certain that it was Jean Marc who drove his car to that bridge? If he was last seen (presumably) at 10 that night, by the gf, do we know if he ever reached the base? How far is it from where the gf lives?

The Burlington PD statement linked in post # 15 is that the last known time anyone spoke to him was at 10:00 when he spoke to his gf. There is no report of when he was actually last seen. His base is minutes from the bridge.

I am curious why it's Burlington PD. Maybe that's where the gf lives and she reported him missing? Oak Harbor is on Whidbey Island in a different county, as is where his car was found. Even if it had been found on the other side of the bridge parking lot, it would be Fidalgo Island/Anacortes. Burlington is east of Anacortes over another (much smaller) bridge.

Unfortunately, any time we hear of someone last being heard from at night and a car being found early the next day in the Deception Pass Bridge parking lot, locals are likely to think suicide because it happens all too often there. We do check tides and currents and searchers will check bays/inlets/bodies of water accordingly. My understanding is the park was also thoroughly searched and it is very unlikely he was hiking there in the middle of the night. It can be precarious during the day.

I do hope he is found soon, so that all who know and love him can have some peace.

I am also curious as to why Burlington PD is handling the case. He may live in Burlington and if so, that could explain it. <modsnip>

The Burlington PD statement linked in post # 15 is that the last known time anyone spoke to him was at 10:00 when he spoke to his gf. There is no report of when he was actually last seen. His base is minutes from the bridge.

"He is believed to be wearing black and white Nike basketball shoes, basketball shorts and a black or purple anime T-shirt." per LEO statement.

Who gave them this description?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p