What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

A friend and I are currently in the process of starting a documentary on Elisa
If you have any insider info, or think you know something that I wont be able to find from regular research, please send me a message.
In addition if you live in Los Angeles and think you could help, let me know.

This sounds great, if I can be of any help I’ll do what I can, research is my forte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this possible that anyone could get idea to go swimming in hotel water tank at the roof? Do you know anyone who would do or did that?
Just... maybe a bit apart from this case, but just theoretically. I did many strange things as I was younger but mostly with other people, heard a lot more but I cant imagine doing something like that alone. Anyone did that? Ever?

^ Yes, I'd say it's possible. Have I ever done that? No, but it's certainly possible, especially with someone suffering a bi-polar episode. Bi-polar disorder magnifies everything you're feeling. If EL was in an adventurous and restless mood (as she clearly was, as she was exploring the hotel), she may have thought it would be all the more adventurous once she realized there was water in the tank. Sometimes, doing odd or risky things like this can make a person feel alive; it's the same reason why my high school friends would climb our town's water tower and even enter it, to see what was inside (I never went; was always way too scared of falling) -- for the sheer rush of it. Another theory is that, she wanted to commit suicide, as would also be induced by bi-polar disorder.

I doubt that I can explain what I meant by that but... I don't know, it's just seem like something too weird to do.
I know about bi-polar, more than I could wish to, I am bipolar myself and knew people who are struggling with same thing but it's still weird to me.
I can imagine that I could go explore rooftop having that opportunity. I would go everywhere just to check what's there having rightly "wrong" mood and I did many things just to sheer rush of it, but exploring rooftop, all alone in strange city, discover water tanks and climb on them and went inside at night? No way. It's too inconvenient.
I was thinking about it, all too much and only thing that I figured is that I could went inside if I would got scared of someone else appearing on that rooftop with me being there alone. Without that - no way.
Idea of commiting suicide like that is just ridiculous. If someone wants to commit suicide he want's to do it fast and painless or gave himself some weird chance of being rescued, water tank on a roof would be long, scary, painful death and if so, she must get that idea being there, on the top, cause till she climbed there (if she ever did) she couldn't know that it's possible to get inside.
So... going to explore the rooftop and suddenly getting idea to kill herself in such a weird way instead of jumping? Going to jump but change her mind and go inside the water tank?

It's like too weird in weird...

I doubt that I can explain what I meant by that but... I don't know, it's just seem like something too weird to do.
I know about bi-polar, more than I could wish to, I am bipolar myself and knew people who are struggling with same thing but it's still weird to me.
I can imagine that I could go explore rooftop having that opportunity. I would go everywhere just to check what's there having rightly "wrong" mood and I did many things just to sheer rush of it, but exploring rooftop, all alone in strange city, discover water tanks and climb on them and went inside at night? No way. It's too inconvenient.
I was thinking about it, all too much and only thing that I figured is that I could went inside if I would got scared of someone else appearing on that rooftop with me being there alone. Without that - no way.
Idea of commiting suicide like that is just ridiculous. If someone wants to commit suicide he want's to do it fast and painless or gave himself some weird chance of being rescued, water tank on a roof would be long, scary, painful death and if so, she must get that idea being there, on the top, cause till she climbed there (if she ever did) she couldn't know that it's possible to get inside.
So... going to explore the rooftop and suddenly getting idea to kill herself in such a weird way instead of jumping? Going to jump but change her mind and go inside the water tank?

Simply because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean Elisa also wouldn't. Everyone is different obviously; and everyone's severity of Bipolar differs as well.

Suicide is just one possibility, but obviously, it isn't the only possibility. She may have gotten in with the intention of eventually getting out. Take into consideration the fact that she played a video game which involved transporting through water tanks (which was revealed through her blog), in addition to the her disorder, in addition to the fact that there was absolutely no sign that she was "forced" into the tank, it's obvious she got in on her own accord -- for whatever reason.

It's been so long since I was following this but i'll say I never put anything past a humans ability to do something off the wall stupid/silly just for the fun or experience of it, more-so with a younger person. I know I have done some stuff just for the fun/experience of it that years later I wonder what the heck was wrong with me...lol climbing inside a rooftop water tank at night is something that would be an easy yes for me to try. Course now with age comes some level of respect for the people drinking that water so I'd probably pass on that reason alone (or at least take off my shoes haha)

I have never thought this was suicide, I've felt as it unfolded she was either goofing around or she was in full bore fight or flight mode

Never underestimate the power of terror, like I said It's been awhile since I was following this but my feelings are still she was scared, something had her running and I think she hid in the water tank, probably stayed in it too long and exposure took over. I have never come to a conclusion of if her fear was real or imagined or induced or whatever.

Never underestimate the power of terror, like I said It's been awhile since I was following this but my feelings are still she was scared, something had her running and I think she hid in the water tank, probably stayed in it too long and exposure took over. I have never come to a conclusion of if her fear was real or imagined or induced or whatever.

Snipped to address specific point (I agree with you on your other points): why do you think she was "scared"? I'm always perplexed when people say this, based on the video. In the video, if she was scared, she wouldn't be smiling; she wouldn't be messing around the elevator (leaning on one wall, then another, then in the corner); she wouldn't be dilly-dallying outside the elevator, counting on her fingers how long the elevator doors have stayed open; lastly, she wouldn't casually stroll out of the elevator and down the hall. To me, there's is absolutely nothing in the video that shows she's "scared" in any way whatsoever, so I'm honestly perplexed. If anything, she's having fun with herself; she thinks no one else is around (which there wasn't, other than the camera), and she's being playful with herself.

Snipped to address specific point (I agree with you on your other points): why do you think she was "scared"? I'm always perplexed when people say this, based on the video. In the video, if she was scared, she wouldn't be smiling; she wouldn't be messing around the elevator (leaning on one wall, then another, then in the corner); she wouldn't be dilly-dallying outside the elevator, counting on her fingers how long the elevator doors have stayed open; lastly, she wouldn't casually stroll out of the elevator and down the hall. To me, there's is absolutely nothing in the video that shows she's "scared" in any way whatsoever, so I'm honestly perplexed. If anything, she's having fun with herself; she thinks no one else is around (which there wasn't, other than the camera), and she's being playful with herself.
interesting... been ages since i watched the vid but to me everything she is doing is saying she's scared of something. she seems to be arguing with an imaginary person (or they are out of sight but i seriously doubt that) I don't see her actions or body language as playful... the first 20 seconds she seems like she has a plan, she is up to something the Korean elevator game or whatever but after that she seems to come unglued for want of a better word. after that first 20-30 seconds something changes..
just my opinion

interesting... been ages since i watched the vid but to me everything she is doing is saying she's scared of something. she seems to be arguing with an imaginary person (or they are out of sight but i seriously doubt that) I don't see her actions or body language as playful... the first 20 seconds she seems like she has a plan, she is up to something the Korean elevator game or whatever but after that she seems to come unglued for want of a better word. after that first 20-30 seconds something changes..
just my opinion
I'm just curious: when did you learn about the Korean elevator game? I'd be willing to bet you only heard about it after this incident, correct? My point is, I highly doubt she even knew what that game was. I don't see any arguing; for one thing, you can't even tell if she's speaking at all. If she was scared, she wouldn't take her time; she'd show a sense of urgency; she'd run from the elevator instead of casually strolling away; she wouldn't sit outside of it and dilly-dally; enter and re-enter, etc. Also, what would you call her jumping in and out of the elevator and leaning on different walls of the elevator while smiling? How is that anything but "playful"? I don't mean to jump on you here, but I see this a lot and again, I just don't get it. Guess that's just me.

I'm just curious: when did you learn about the Korean elevator game? I'd be willing to bet you only heard about it after this incident, correct? My point is, I highly doubt she even knew what that game was. I don't see any arguing; for one thing, you can't even tell if she's speaking at all. If she was scared, she wouldn't take her time; she'd show a sense of urgency; she'd run from the elevator instead of casually strolling away; she wouldn't sit outside of it and dilly-dally; enter and re-enter, etc. Also, what would you call her jumping in and out of the elevator and leaning on different walls of the elevator while smiling? How is that anything but "playful"? I don't mean to jump on you here, but I see this a lot and again, I just don't get it. Guess that's just me.
I have three daughters.. known about the elevator game for a number of years, certainly before this tragedy came along...lol

as for the rest you have to remember she was bipolar, on medications but not on all the ones she should have been, she had skipped a day on a couple of them according to the autopsy, this is a fact that can't be denied.. expecting her to act the way you think she should. what you see as playful to me looks like a person struggling with reality.. she's talking gesturing to a non existent person jumping in and out of the elevator trying to catch something, not playful just sad and a tragedy.

Are you aware that video have been manipulated?
They cut out a part of it and slowed it down - which maked her moves to look very strange and eerie? And that she's pushing these buttons to stop the elevator from moving for over 2 minutes?
She's not playing that game, that would look different.

I just remembered that I was so scared as I saw it the first time. For me it looks like just messing around a bit, like literally hundreds of people I've seen while they are bored and waiting for something - trying to remember newly learned dance steps, memorising a poem, learning something, playing with squares on the floor to keep mind busy... many maybe a bit strangely looking things, but I doubt that I know anyone who's not doing it.

It scares the hell out of me that knowing so little and seeing a bit of messing around (there is a mirror, possibly she's just checking out how she looks from this angle and that angle, moving hand that and that) so many people are assuming that she was unstable, haunte, possessed or whatever else - why?
Is that because she got missing and died so tragically that the most obvious explanation is almost automatically dismissed by everyone?

I'm not saying that's neccessarily right, just that regular messing around while being bored and meeting with foul play is worth considering - especially that basically anyone from the street was allowed to access the hotel unnoticed and not bothered by anyone from the staff.

When it's mostly matter of belief - why its more believeable that she got mental breakdown or got possessed than that she felt safe and kept exploring old hotel and got scared, possibly attacked (or maybe whitnessed a drug deal or something illegal?) and murdered while being at one of the least safe parts of LA?

well it's been explained why the video starts and stops and appears to be manipulated... real quick it was a motion camera that stops when there's nothing to record and the police edited out two men that had nothing to do with Elisa Lam... even in regular speed it's still clear there's something wrong with her, but the police slowed it down when first released so people viewing it would have a better chance to recognize her.

Remember when it (the video) was released she was a missing person, her antics were not what we were supposed to focus on they wanted the public to hopefully recognize her and hopefully give them a lead to find her...

the rest, it's all a matter of opinion, I go by the autopsy results and the drugs in her system, what they were for and more importantly the ones that were not there that should have been to keep her on an even keel.. anybody that has not read the full autopsy report should, it's a fascinating read and gives a clearer picture of her life and what she was going through leading up to that night.

I have three daughters.. known about the elevator game for a number of years, certainly before this tragedy came along...lol

as for the rest you have to remember she was bipolar, on medications but not on all the ones she should have been, she had skipped a day on a couple of them according to the autopsy, this is a fact that can't be denied.. expecting her to act the way you think she should. what you see as playful to me looks like a person struggling with reality.. she's talking gesturing to a non existent person jumping in and out of the elevator trying to catch something, not playful just sad and a tragedy.

Of course you did :)

"Struggling with reality" and "being scared" are two different things. You're conflating them to fit your narrative.

Also, she's actually not "gesturing" to anyone, if you watch the tape logically. When she moves her hand, she's trying to trip the elevator sensor of the door, because she's confused why it won't close. She completely exits the elevator, and counts down on her fingers on how long it's been open (if anything, I see frustration in the way she bends her fingers backwards).

When she jumps out, she looks back and forth in an overly-dramatic way; then she leans against each wall of the elevator while smiling. She's smiling because, she's playing around. She's being a goof-ball so to speak, because she knows she's just pretending. You said it yourself: she was struggling with reality. If she's struggling with reality, then the reality was that there was no one following her.

Last edited:
Are you aware that video have been manipulated?
They cut out a part of it and slowed it down - which maked her moves to look very strange and eerie? And that she's pushing these buttons to stop the elevator from moving for over 2 minutes?
She's not playing that game, that would look different.

I just remembered that I was so scared as I saw it the first time. For me it looks like just messing around a bit, like literally hundreds of people I've seen while they are bored and waiting for something - trying to remember newly learned dance steps, memorising a poem, learning something, playing with squares on the floor to keep mind busy... many maybe a bit strangely looking things, but I doubt that I know anyone who's not doing it.

It scares the hell out of me that knowing so little and seeing a bit of messing around (there is a mirror, possibly she's just checking out how she looks from this angle and that angle, moving hand that and that) so many people are assuming that she was unstable, haunte, possessed or whatever else - why?
Is that because she got missing and died so tragically that the most obvious explanation is almost automatically dismissed by everyone?

I'm not saying that's neccessarily right, just that regular messing around while being bored and meeting with foul play is worth considering - especially that basically anyone from the street was allowed to access the hotel unnoticed and not bothered by anyone from the staff.

When it's mostly matter of belief - why its more believeable that she got mental breakdown or got possessed than that she felt safe and kept exploring old hotel and got scared, possibly attacked (or maybe whitnessed a drug deal or something illegal?) and murdered while being at one of the least safe parts of LA?

Agreed. The elevator game involves visiting specific floors in order. When EL pushes all the buttons, she does randomly, and she pushes them all in the middle row (if memory serves); she even pushes the "keep door ajar" button unknowingly (the last button in the middle row), which is why the door won't close.

Yes, people do odd things when they think they are alone and/or when they are bored. This was no different.

The thing about foul play is simply this: there is zero evidence of it. She had absolutely no marks on her body. There were no signs of sexual assault. There were no signs around the very small opening she would have had to have been forced into (which would have left scrapes on parts of her body, arms, etc. had she been forced in). That's why I don't believe there was any foul play.

I agree, the "she was possessed" hypothesis is just silly. People simply like to believe in mysteries, so they throw the possession theory out there in order to fuel their interest in the case.

well it's been explained why the video starts and stops and appears to be manipulated... real quick it was a motion camera that stops when there's nothing to record and the police edited out two men that had nothing to do with Elisa Lam... even in regular speed it's still clear there's something wrong with her, but the police slowed it down when first released so people viewing it would have a better chance to recognize her.

Remember when it (the video) was released she was a missing person, her antics were not what we were supposed to focus on they wanted the public to hopefully recognize her and hopefully give them a lead to find her...

the rest, it's all a matter of opinion, I go by the autopsy results and the drugs in her system, what they were for and more importantly the ones that were not there that should have been to keep her on an even keel.. anybody that has not read the full autopsy report should, it's a fascinating read and gives a clearer picture of her life and what she was going through leading up to that night.

So do I -- that's why I conclude that there was zero foul play involved. What in the autopsy report makes you believe she was being followed and/or that there was foul play involved? I think the fact she wasn't taking her medication on schedule properly only proves the outcome as self-inflicted.

So do I -- that's why I conclude that there was zero foul play involved. What in the autopsy report makes you believe she was being followed and/or that there was foul play involved? I think the fact she wasn't taking her medication on schedule properly only proves the outcome as self-inflicted.
I never said I thought foul play was involved.... matter of fact if you read my posts i steer away from that and made a point to say I have never come to a conclusion...

Last edited:
I never said I thought foul play was involved.... matter of fact if you read my posts i steer away from that and made a point to say I have never come to a conclusion...
I'm confused, then: how can you think she was scared (from someone who was following/pursuing her), but not think foul play was involved?

I'm confused, then: how can you think she was scared (from someone who was following/pursuing her), but not think foul play was involved?
sigh..... are you even reading or just arguing? i mean you're quoting me, arguing about it then ignoring it....lol

"she seems to be arguing with an imaginary person (or they are out of sight but i seriously doubt that)"

"what you see as playful to me looks like a person struggling with reality.. she's talking gesturing to a non existent person jumping in and out of the elevator trying to catch something, not playful just sad and a tragedy"

she had problems, she was on meds for those problems, she suffered from bi polar... her blogs talk about her panic attacks and wild mood swings... staying in bed for days, dropping out of college because she was afraid to leave her room... what was it? 6 college credits in 3 years or something like that. people who suffer from those types of problems don't need to have an actual person to be scared of.. you can be frightened of absolutely nothing. There doesn't have to be a physical presence everything can be going along fine, sunny day, hitting the market for some supplies and boom your brain crossfires and you're in the fight of your life all by yourself in the middle of the cereal row.

the autopsy shows she had prescriptions for 5 different medicines (according to her doctor and parents) to help with her condition, as you probably know that these types of medications are a balancing act and not to be skipped or dosage adjusted unless it's by a doctor, altering the medication course can cause devastating effects. .. the Coroners report also shows that of the 5 she had only taken one of those that day,(she's supposed to take two, she had the one in the morning but had not taken the second dose of the same one) of the other 4 she had possibly taken one the day before but not that day of the other three none were not present...

her meds were.....

Dexedrine: a stimulant prescribed for her ADD/ADHD & narcolepsy
Lamotrigine: a anti-convulsant and mood stabilizer prescribed for epilepsy & bipolar disorder
Seroquel: a anti-psychotic prescribed for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder
Effexor: a antidepressant prescribed for major depressive disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and social phobia
Wellbutrin: a antidepressant prescribed for depression

the Effexor was present in her blood, the Wellbutrin was the one she had taken the day before at best....

Like I said, I see a person struggling with reality and the autopsy shows from the lack of meds in her system that it's very possible for her to have been in a full blown breakdown/episode, the autopsy is the only solid evidence in this event.... If i had to say one way or another I say she was scared of whatever her mind had dreamed up for her and she ended up on the roof in the water tank hiding and died of exposure or exhaustion. She may have started off on an adventure that quickly went sideways or who knows... we'll never know exactly what went down. like I said it's a tragedy

sigh..... are you even reading or just arguing? i mean you're quoting me, arguing about it then ignoring it....lol

"she seems to be arguing with an imaginary person (or they are out of sight but i seriously doubt that)"

"what you see as playful to me looks like a person struggling with reality.. she's talking gesturing to a non existent person jumping in and out of the elevator trying to catch something, not playful just sad and a tragedy"

she had problems, she was on meds for those problems, she suffered from bi polar... her blogs talk about her panic attacks and wild mood swings... staying in bed for days, dropping out of college because she was afraid to leave her room... what was it? 6 college credits in 3 years or something like that. people who suffer from those types of problems don't need to have an actual person to be scared of.. you can be frightened of absolutely nothing. There doesn't have to be a physical presence everything can be going along fine, sunny day, hitting the market for some supplies and boom your brain crossfires and you're in the fight of your life all by yourself in the middle of the cereal row.

the autopsy shows she had prescriptions for 5 different medicines (according to her doctor and parents) to help with her condition, as you probably know that these types of medications are a balancing act and not to be skipped or dosage adjusted unless it's by a doctor, altering the medication course can cause devastating effects. .. the Coroners report also shows that of the 5 she had only taken one of those that day,(she's supposed to take two, she had the one in the morning but had not taken the second dose of the same one) of the other 4 she had possibly taken one the day before but not that day of the other three none were not present...

her meds were.....

Dexedrine: a stimulant prescribed for her ADD/ADHD & narcolepsy
Lamotrigine: a anti-convulsant and mood stabilizer prescribed for epilepsy & bipolar disorder
Seroquel: a anti-psychotic prescribed for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder
Effexor: a antidepressant prescribed for major depressive disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and social phobia
Wellbutrin: a antidepressant prescribed for depression

the Effexor was present in her blood, the Wellbutrin was the one she had taken the day before at best....

Like I said, I see a person struggling with reality and the autopsy shows from the lack of meds in her system that it's very possible for her to have been in a full blown breakdown/episode, the autopsy is the only solid evidence in this event.... If i had to say one way or another I say she was scared of whatever her mind had dreamed up for her and she ended up on the roof in the water tank hiding and died of exposure or exhaustion. She may have started off on an adventure that quickly went sideways or who knows... we'll never know exactly what went down. like I said it's a tragedy

It seemed like you were saying initially that she was running from a person (or a thing, but of course my mind immediately thought you meant a person) when you said "like I said It's been awhile since I was following this but my feelings are still she was scared, something had her running and I think she hid in the water tank." That's fine, I probably misunderstood your initial post.

But I still have to disagree that she looked "scared" in the video. Could she have gotten scared later (i.e. sometime after the elevator video) from some imaginary entity that was only real to her, which forced her to hide into the water tank? Sure -- anything is possible and certainly her mental state could have been the catalyst for fright -- but where we differ is that the video itself doesn't support that, on it's own. But just like fright could have led her to enter the tank, depression could have just as easily been the culprit also; or curiosity; or adventure; or indifference -- there is just no way of knowing, even with the video evidence.

I do agree that she was suffering some sort of bi-polar episode. That is easy to determine, based on the fact she wasn't taking her meds properly. Although I will say this: her behavior in the video wouldn't have been all that odd to me, if she would have been found alive and if the information about her meds was never released to the public. Even people with no emotional/psychological problems do strange things when they think they're alone.

This was definitely a tragedy and if her blog is any indication, EL was a brilliant and profound girl who was lost way before she ever should have been.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back