MS MS - Christopher Mitchell, 32, Jackson, 20 May 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Christopher Bryan Mitchell, 32, of Brandon, was last seen Sunday morning, May 20, in downtown Jackson, according to his husband, Ben Hambright. Hambright said he last saw his husband at their Brandon home May 18. Mitchell left and went to stay with a friend who lives at the King Edward hotel. Friends reportedly last saw Mitchell talking to several homeless people and giving them water. He last attempted to call Hambright Sunday morning at 2 a.m. Hambright missed the call. Calls to his phone now go straight to voicemail.

Mitchell is 5'10 and weighs approximately 160 lbs. He has reddish-brown hair and green eyes.

He has three visible tattoos: A "22" on the right side of his neck, an Old English styled 'B' on the left side of his neck and 'Est. 1986' on the back of his neck.

636632999081085440-Bryan-Mitchell-.jpg

Have you seen this man? Brandon resident missing since May 20

This is local to me and I just realized that I am acquainted with a family member. I have seen the poster on my Facebook feed. I had not noticed the request not to approach. I have to wonder what that is all about. His disappearance has not been on the local news that I have seen. I am very concerned that he might have tried to help someone and ended up being hurt. I hope this isn't the case and I hope he is found soon.

This is local to me and I just realized that I am acquainted with a family member. I have seen the poster on my Facebook feed. I had not noticed the request not to approach. I have to wonder what that is all about. His disappearance has not been on the local news that I have seen. I am very concerned that he might have tried to help someone and ended up being hurt. I hope this isn't the case and I hope he is found soon.

I found it odd as well. I’m wondering if maybe he was having mental issues of some sort before his disappearance? That is just speculation on my part of course.

I found it odd as well. I’m wondering if maybe he was having mental issues of some sort before his disappearance? That is just speculation on my part of course.

That is my best guess, as well. I am pretty surprised at the lack of media. It was published by the Clarion-Ledger but other than that the only other information I have seen locally as been on Facebook. I live in the town he is from and I am surprised that it hasn't been on the evening news. Its possible I could have missed it, but that would mean it has only been on once which is odd.

I hope he is found soon. The area he was last seen in poses several very concerning possibilities.

Help Find Christopher Bryan Mitchell

The flyer says do not approach him, if you see him, contact law enforcement.

I actually know this guy, and he goes by Bryan. He is a hair stylist in the Jackson, MS metro area. I met him 5 years ago in a drug treatment facility where we both spent six weeks. He was actually my roommate for the majority of the time. He has very effeminate mannerisms, and I’m not sure why it says do not approach. He was in treatment for a crystal meth. I was in for pain pills. One of the things we had to do was tell our life story, and I remember his story being much more violent than I expected. Some of his breakups with partners got really violent. That could be why it says do not approach. I never saw him get violent or anything. Really felt sorry for him. Mississippi has to be Hell for a homosexual to try to live. I saw the newspaper article on Friday and am not expecting a safe return. I hate saying that but addiction + a propensity for violence doesn’t equal good things. Praying for him though.

Christopher Bryan Mitchell, 32, of Brandon, MS, was last seen Sunday morning, May 20, in downtown Jackson, according to his husband, Ben Hambright.

Hambright said he last saw his husband at their Brandon home May 18. Mitchell left and went to stay with a friend who lives at the King Edward hotel.

Friends reportedly last saw Mitchell talking to several homeless people and giving them water.

He last attempted to call Hambright Sunday morning at 2 a.m. Hambright missed the call. Calls to his phone now go straight to voicemail.

Mitchell is 5'10 and weighs approximately 160 lbs. He has reddish-brown hair and green eyes.

He has three visible tattoos: A "22" on the right side of his neck, an Old English styled 'B' on the left side of his neck and 'Est. 1986' on the back of his neck.

If you spot Mitchell, please contact the Jackson Police Department at
601-960-1234.

Have you seen this man? Brandon resident missing since May 20

I am local to this and though I might have missed it, I haven't even seen it on the local news. Really sad. A few Facebook posts crossed my feed but those have now stopped.
Quill
I have been following his case. I actually posted it here yesterday. But I searched his full name and nothing came up. Then another member said it was already posted.
So yes, unfortunately if he has a drug history the people who should be looking for him won't be. So freaking sad

I think the point is that there is not much coverage for him by press, msm or LE... it is not questioned what we are doing on WS or if the search here does not help. The problem is that the search on e.g. google is not showing much and seems also locals have not seen/heard much

I think the point is that there is not much coverage for him by press, msm or LE... it is not questioned what we are doing on WS or if the search here does not help. The problem is that the search on e.g. google is not showing much and seems also locals have not seen/heard much

Agreed. My guess is that with his past drug history, it is assumed that he has gone off the radar willingly. That may or may not be true. There are some really bad areas where he went missing and he could easily go in and not make it out alive for various reasons. I am acquainted with a relative and they had posted his missing poster on Fbook, but I haven't seen it since the first week he was reported missing. I am sure the family is looking in some known locations for drug users, and this may be why they haven't been in the media spotlight. Maybe the thinking is that they want him to think the search has cooled off and he will come forward after he has come down. Other than that, I have no idea why they don't appear to be looking. I am just hoping that more is going on behind the scenes to locate him.

Timothy Boshart is missing not far from him. Almost they have almost the same story. Timothy was not gay and the police still do nothing to help.

Hi ShayB, I have a hard time linking the Mitchell and Boshart cases. Purvis, MS may look close to Jackson on a map, but in reality it is quite a ways away. It is a nearly two hour drive with Purvis being much closer to Hattiesburg than Jackson. The drive between the two cities is mostly down rural state highway 49. Sadly, it seems like from reading a bit about Timothy's case that no one has any clues about his disappearance. It doesn't look like there is much to go on. In Mitchell's case he at least has a last-seen-at location and some indication of his last communications with those closest to him.

King Edward Hotel seems on the up and up.
Yes, it has been restored to its former glory. There is a revitalization effort in process in the area. Progress has been slow but is ongoing. There are some really nice dining options as well as the art museum and depending on schedules, you could take in a show at Thalia Mara Hall. I last went downtown to see Jersey
boys and before that a Harry Connick, Jr. concert, maybe last year. There is quite a network of homeless in the area and it is not far from some very sketchy areas. I can think of any number of things, sadly, that could have happened in this case. I did notice on his Facebook missing page that some searches previously scheduled in mid June were cancelled and those were the last posts there.

I was in Downtown Jackson today and it has really gotten worse in that area. There are some homeless camps around the Pearl River, I have shared his poster on my FB. I know I have some friends of friends that live that life by choice, I almost feel like he has decided to do this.
ETA: Not ALL of Jackson is bad, just the area he was last seen in (Mill St.) is questionable. Also the train tracks are relatively close, some of the people I mentioned earlier will hop on one and travel.. .just to wind up right back here. Pretty bohemian lifestyle and they like it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back