GUILTY MA - Abducted Woman Rescued & 3 Bodies Found In Springfield, May 2018 *arrest*

And formerly non compus mentis mother wakes up one day, two days after her son is arrested and six months after the first body was in her house, wakes up on the second day and says, I smell a bad smell.
America Lyden was reported missing in December, but hadn’t been seen or heard from since June 2017. So, it’s been at least a year since the first body was there. And they’re still looking for more bodies.

Then there are the ones that got away. There are at least 3 that got away in the last year. The one he was arrested for last October, the one from the car that broke this story, and the unidentified 2nd kidnapping charge.

America Lyden was reported missing in December, but hadn’t been seen or heard from since June 2017. So, it’s been at least a year since the first body was there. And they’re still looking for more bodies.

Then there are the ones that got away. There are at least 3 that got away in the last year. The one he was arrested for last October, the one from the car that broke this story, and the unidentified 2nd kidnapping charge.
Exactly. This didn’t just start a year or two ago, he’s 40 and hasn’t spent much of his life in jail. Most serial killers get their start in their late 20s. Who knows what the actual body count is.

This got me thinking. The last victim was taken in the beginning of March, so that body had to be in a state of decomposition for a period of time. Only now, a couple days after his arrest, does his mom smell the odor. Yeah, I don’t think so.

And does a person usually ring the POLICE to report 'a foul smell' in your house? Nope.

I think the mother might have known it was human decomp and not just a couple of dead rodents in the basement.

And does a person usually ring the POLICE to report 'a foul smell'? Nope.

I think the mother knew it was human decomp and not just a couple of dead rodents in the basement.
Yeah, she didn’t exactly have to put two and two together because she knew exactly what that smell was. I’m still perplexed/pissed off that it took a phone call in the first place, days after his arrest. You have a rescued kidnapping victim and you don’t go to the house that the car is registered to, to serve a search warrant?? The car was registered to his mother, as was the house.

Scouring the media for answers as to why Kayla Escalante wasn't reported missing and if her little girl is okay but can't find anything.

It's terrifying someone can get away with this for so long without seemingly any attempts made to hide what he was doing and it was something as unconnected and trivial as a broken tail light that brought him undone. Fills the mind with dread knowing how many missing people there are that tidier killers are simply disappearing and moving on undetected.
Too may chefs and not enough cooks in law enforcement. No one seems to be doing any detective ground work. Just swaggering around and arresting people for petty crimes.

And does a person usually ring the POLICE to report 'a foul smell' in your house? Nope.

I think the mother might have known it was human decomp and not just a couple of dead rodents in the basement

Earlier on this thread, I asked that and some people said that they would. I had a dead possum in my ceiling and rang my son in law to investigate it. Smelt terrible.

Earlier on this thread, I asked that and some people said that they would. I had a dead possum in my ceiling and rang my son in law to investigate it. Smelt terrible.

Oh okay. Never known of anybody calling the police for a smell that's coming from their own property, the only time I'd imagine someone might is if the source was suspiciously illegal. Police would probably laugh at us over here and advise calling a plumber, pest control or son in law. :)

Oh okay. Never known of anybody calling the police for a smell that's coming from their own property, the only time I'd imagine someone might is if the source was suspiciously illegal. Police would probably laugh at us over here and advise calling a plumber, pest control or son in law. :)
Yeah. I live in a town east of Springfield and I frequently check the emergency call log every week just to read some of the hilariously stupid reasons that people call 911. Some weeks someone calling for a foul odor would seem like a legitimate call in comparison to everything else.

Do you have a link re all 5 victims having drug problems? You cannot state a fact without a link and I found nothing in the one posted.

Bodies found at Page Boulevard home of Stewart Weldon identified as Ludlow, Springfield women It’s more towards the end but basically she had limited contact with her father and her mother actually had a restraining order against Kayla. So those two weren’t going to report anything as they didn’t know anything was amiss. I’ve already mused as to why her friends didn’t report anything and that I also find bothersome. All of these victims had problems with drugs which made them especially vulnerable.

Is it possible he was doing something (chemically?) to conceal the odor, and once he was arrested and unable to maintain his routine, the odor began to become noticable? I know that sounds like a stretch, but I wonder if it's even possible (or probable).

We need to stop blaming SW’s mom. Despite what we may think, the mom is considered a victim unless and until she is named a suspect.

Rules - Etiquette & Information
“The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. “

Some quotes:
Moved out of the city
As a teen, Weldon and his family moved to Montclair, New Jersey, a wealthy suburb of New York City.

His father died when Weldon was in his late teens and a former friend said he became spoiled by his mother, who provided a place to live as his priorities focused on partying.

"We were young, drinking, smoking," Dwight Pottinger, a former friend of Weldon's told NJ Advance Media. "He was a ladies man."

Arrested as a teen
The friends were arrested together when Weldon was 19 years old. The pair went to a mall where they met a group of three young women. They offered the girls rides home and after two were dropped off, locked the car doors and refused to allow the third to exit the vehicle.

The then 18-year-old woman told police Pottinger threatened her with a gun and sexually assaulted her in the vehicle before Weldon drove her to her parents house. Both were charged with sexual assault while Pottinger was also charged with making terroristic threats, aggravated criminal sexual assault and kidnapping.
Arrested on kidnapping, weapons charges
Weldon was arrested again later that year following an incident in East Orange, New Jersey on gun charges and kidnapping. He took a plea deal and was sentenced to three years probation, according to Star-Ledger records.

There's more at the link. It's a good timeline of where he has lived and his other criminal activities.

Some quotes:

There's more at the link. It's a good timeline of where he has lived and his other criminal activities.

"He was a ladies man"
na-smiley.gif
ew

We need to stop blaming SW’s mom. Despite what we may think, the mom is considered a victim unless and until she is named a suspect.

Rules - Etiquette & Information
“The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. “
That's correct, thank you.
We don't know for sure that the mother actually lived there. She may have gone there after the arrest to check on the house and residents then found the odor. It's plausible.

One of the Boston station's broadcasts mentioned that he had been in New Jersey two years ago. They didn't say for how long, but implied there's investigation going on there. I don't see that included in the article they posted on their website however. Did anybody else read that somewhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back